Profile for Ant2403 > Reviews

Content by Ant2403

Ant2403 "Ant2403" (Hampshire England)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but a few improvements needed, 4 Mar. 2010
I bought this on Amazon.com for about £70 less than on AMAZON UK so well worth doing a little world wide shopping. It looks very complex but turned out to be very simple to operate, the instruction book is easy to follow but you can figure most things out for yourself. I wanted a tough outdoor watch for mountain biking and sailing and its ideal for this. As for accuracy forget about the altimeter but the compass is spot on. On the down side the strap looks feel and obviously was very cheap. I was hoping for a something a bit tougher and worry that it will perish. Lots of clever little features such as the tilt setting on the light. It is of course spot on on the time, I lead my life on time and deadlines so really like the reliability of the atomic clock. The bezel is a little flimsy and goes both ways which somehow seems to cheapen the watch. However all in all a very nice time piece but I wouldn't pay more than £130.

Tradewinds 334265 Easy-Up Shelter
Tradewinds 334265 Easy-Up Shelter

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality item very well made, 9 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Tradewinds 334265 Easy-Up Shelter
I bought this item via Amazon from A F Trading Ltd. Firstly great customer service from A F Trading, I left it a bit late to order before a week down in Devon but the company processed my order very fast and it was with me the following day via UPS, so I will be using them again.

As for the tent itself I am always a bit dubious about anything that claims to take a few seconds to put up. Having spent the last 18 months fighting with easy to install child seats, travel cots and high chairs I had my doubts. But this really is!! Its about 20 seconds from unzipping the bag to having the thing up. It looks and feels solid and sturdy. It has three vents as well as a large opening which can be closed should the heavens really open. There is plenty of room in there for the three of us and I am well over six foot tall. As a shelter it seems ideal. I wish I had it when we went to Spain in June, it would have been great given it's high UV protection. It will certainly be going out with us next year. All in all I am really pleased. It does come with plastic spikes which will be ok for sand but not grass, should you take it to a concert or festival.

It's one of those things you buy when you have kids but wish you had years before!

Page: 1 | 2