Profile for Donald Butterworth > Reviews

How to Make Money in ISAs and SIPPs: Tax-efficient Investing Made Easy
How to Make Money in ISAs and SIPPs: Tax-efficient Investing Made Easy
by Stephen Sutherland
Price: 6.97

5.0 out of 5 stars If you Invest then read this book and forget the rest!!!, 4 May 2014
In this book by Stephen Sutherland he sets out in a very logical and thorough way to share his views and experiences on the power of informed investing in ISA’s & SIPP’s in order to maximise their taxation benefits for individual investors. Stephen shares his experiences over the last 13 years in an open, honest and very transparent way, all of which is done in a very informal manner yet hitting all the right notes when it comes to facts and figures. In the 14 years since Stephen started out on his investment strategy he readily acknowledges that he has made mistakes which he quickly recognised and learned from in order to avoid again in the future. His comments clearly show how well he has researched the market and he is not afraid of helping readers avoid the pitfalls and gain benefit from the extensive investment knowledge he has gained – something which he admits is mainly “self taught”. Stephen hides nothing from the reader and openly shares his knowledge – I particularly like Chapter 6 – “How to Pick a Good Fund” – this for me is the most powerful chapter in the book and if you only read this then you can be excused for not reading the rest. As a relatively new client of ISACO this book was an enlightening read and helped me understand more about investing even though I have been an active investor for over 25 years. I would strongly recommend you read Stephens book cover to cover and don’t be afraid to learn from it and put into practice what you learn. This book will appeal to investors of all types – a must for those just venturing into the world of investing and equally for those who believe they are seasoned investors – my view is that you are never too experienced to stop learning – and any investor at any stage in between” My star rating is 5 –Excellent.

The Impossible Dream
The Impossible Dream
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 5.40

4.0 out of 5 stars The Impossible Dream, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Impossible Dream (Audio CD)
This was an impossible dream for me as the item never arrived - I guess it was one of the many "disappearing" items in the postal & courier systems in the high volume pre-Christmas period. Amazon did refund very quickly as I did not require a replacement as I had to hit the high street to buy one as it was needed for a present so could not wait for Amazon. The CD is what you may expect from this duo and is good entertainment and good value for money on Amazon. It cost me more on the high street plus the cost of petrol getting there!! I have no issues with the way Amazon handled the order and refund although they are in the hands of the carriers they chose.

Salford Buses: A Fascinating Pictorial Guide to Buses in Salford
Salford Buses: A Fascinating Pictorial Guide to Buses in Salford
by Ted Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories from long ago of Salford City Transport Buses, 9 Feb 2014
I had been looking for this book for quite a while and when I saw it on Amazon at a reasonable price I thought that's for me to purchase. I have fond memories of the buses operated by Salford City Transport having travelled may miles on them in the early 60's to and from work in Manchester and Trafford Park. The familiar sound of the Gardner Diesel comes back to life when you see the pictures in this book which has a great selection of the buses operated by Salford City Transport up to the formation of Selnec. A great book and a must for anyone who has a love of Salford City Transport.

My Love's a 45
My Love's a 45
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars My Love's a 45, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Love's a 45 (MP3 Download)
A free download courtesy of Amazon although I would rate as nothing special and not necessarily my kind of music.

MC Illin [Explicit]
MC Illin [Explicit]
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars MC Illin (Explicit), 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: MC Illin [Explicit] (MP3 Download)

I Just Couldn't Eat As Much (As I'd Like to Throw Up)
I Just Couldn't Eat As Much (As I'd Like to Throw Up)
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I Just Couldn't Eat As Much (As I'd Like To Throw Up), 22 Jan 2014

Drone Logic
Drone Logic
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Drone Logic, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Drone Logic (MP3 Download)

London Symphony Orchestra Highlights
London Symphony Orchestra Highlights

4.0 out of 5 stars London Symphony Orchestra Highlights, 22 Jan 2014
As a free download from Amazon this can only be described as very good value. It is a collection of great classical pieces and a worthwhile addition to anyones music library.

Mrs Brown's Family Handbook
Mrs Brown's Family Handbook
by Brendan O'Carroll
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Brown's Family Handbook, 15 Jan 2014
I bought this for my wife and she was over the moon as she is a fan of Mrs Brown and likes this book at lot. Must admit that I have also been reading it and it is so funny that I had tears running down my face after about 5 minutes!!

Since I Saw You Last
Since I Saw You Last
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Since I Saw You Last - Gary Barlow, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Since I Saw You Last (Audio CD)
I bought this for my wife and she was over the moon as she is a fan of Celine and likes the mix of tracks on this album.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8