Profile for KirstyKat > Reviews

Shoes
Shoes
by Linda O'Keefe

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Gift, 1 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Shoes (Paperback)
What a fantastic collection of shoes! I thought this would be the perfect gift for my shoe-obsessed colleague, and I wasn't disappointed! Not only does it have great quality photos, it has interesting facts about the shoes too. I would definitely recommend this book.

The Nation's Favourite Poems (BBC Radio Collection)
The Nation's Favourite Poems (BBC Radio Collection)
by John Nettles
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite my favourite, 1 Oct. 2010
I bought this CD as I work with elderly people and we have a poetry group once a week. Whilst (like mentioned by previous reviewers) the music between poems is a little grating on my ears, it actually is beneficial for the purpose I use it for. It helps to alert the people I am working with when one poem ends and the next starts. There are some real classics included on the CD and it's great to hear a group of people reciting them along with the CD.

The Magic of the Munros
The Magic of the Munros
by Irvine Butterfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pictures, 1 Oct. 2010
I bought this as a gift for my dad, who has walked many of the Munros. It's a very well presented coffee table book, beautiful and good quality photographs. It was a very well received gift.

Grehom Recycled Glass Tumblers (Set of 2) - Curved Concave (350ml)
Grehom Recycled Glass Tumblers (Set of 2) - Curved Concave (350ml)
Offered by Grehom

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality & good for the environment!, 1 Oct. 2010
I ordered these as a wedding present for a friend. They came really well packaged and are good quality, attractive, sturdy glasses. I would definitely purchase from this company again.

The Highway Code for Marriage
The Highway Code for Marriage
by Michael & Hilary Perrott

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and practical, 1 Oct. 2010
I was given this as a present at my hen do several years ago. Initially I didn't spend much time looking at it, but one day my husband picked it up and sat and read it for over an hour, and commented that there were some really useful hints and tips in it. Since then, I have read most of it and agree with him! Some of the advice is really common sense, but putting it into practice really makes for a happier marriage. It is also a good book to keep going back to as different questions arise. I have bought this book for 3 of my friends who have gotten married since and have had positive feedback from all of them.

Page: 1 | 2