Profile for I.R. Faulkner > Reviews

Content by I.R. Faulkner

I.R. Faulkner

Minecraft 7-inch Enderman Soft Toy
Minecraft 7-inch Enderman Soft Toy

3.0 out of 5 stars It may be Minecraft but I've seen better at jumble sales, 12 Nov. 2013
Be warned: this is very very small; poorly made; overpriced and so obviously cashing in on the kiddies obsession with Minecraft it's untrue - I certainly would NOT be happy with this purchase if it wasn't for the fact one young lad hasn't stopped going on about the thing. I only hope it doesn't disappoint on Christmas morning!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2013 2:41 PM GMT

Bleed On Me
Bleed On Me
by Shane McKenzie

5.0 out of 5 stars I have seen the future of horror..., 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Bleed On Me (Paperback)
I discovered Shane McKenzie through the wonderful limited edition, DRAWN AND QUARTERED, published by Thunderstorm Books and, since finishing this excellent collection of novellas, I have purchased everything the author has written and I am happy to state that each new title has just just added to my belief Shane McKenzie is a writer (a horror writer) who delivers the goods with every word.

BLEED ON ME is a prime example: the novella is exceedingly fast paced and absolutely filled to the brim with blood, potent imagery, invention and character. BLEED ON ME holds nothing back. If you like your horror fast and loud then this is the man for you.

Brilliant.

Being Human - Complete Series 1-3 Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Being Human - Complete Series 1-3 Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Aidan Turner

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - faulty: Season 2 disk 1 does not play, 20 Dec. 2011
The first disc of season 2 is defective and does not play. Beware when buying as this is very frustrating and appears to be down to a defective batch.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2012 6:11 PM BST

Toshiba SD220 Multi-region DVD Player
Toshiba SD220 Multi-region DVD Player

3.0 out of 5 stars Multi-region failure, 28 Aug. 2003
I purchased this dvd just under 8 months ago and up until this point have been very happy with all aspects of the player's performance. Unfortunately, without warning, it has suddenly reset from multi-region playback to its original factory setting of just region 2! Be warned, investigation on the net seems to indicate that this is not a one-off incident, but in fact may be common to the model????