Profile for the_swab > Reviews

Content by the_swab

the_swab

Betron YSM1000 Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Without Microphone)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Betron Earphones, 25 April 2015
Happy with my purchase. Prompt delivery. Sound quality is very good, actually almost too good for the low quality music feeds off YouTube that I use at work.

Macaco Slackline 26m Long (50mm Wide) Incl Ratchet, Bag and 'How to Slackline' Booklet!
Offered by Firetoys

4.0 out of 5 stars macaco slackline, 25 April 2015
Works a treat. I've seen comments about it being too long and having to pull the line through when taking down/putting up - I've overcome this by using 2 karabiners in the system through the end loops. My first kit, great for learning on, good price, I'm happy.

Born Liars: Why We Can't Live Without Deceit
Born Liars: Why We Can't Live Without Deceit

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 21 May 2014
Great book, i got a load out of it. More than a few of the chapters got me thinking. One i'll definitely re-read.

Tractor Cufflinks in English Pewter, Handmade, Gift Boxed, farming (hin)
Tractor Cufflinks in English Pewter, Handmade, Gift Boxed, farming (hin)
Offered by Hoardersworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Tractor Cufflinks, 21 May 2014
Hey they are in the shape of tractors, they are of a statisfying weight and they do the job of traditional buttons perfectly. Job done.

Dunlop Acifort A252931 Ribbed Full Safety Wellington / Mens Boots (10 UK) (Black)
Offered by Universal Textiles & Footwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Dunlop Safety Wellies, 21 May 2014
I bought these online to replace my last pair that I wore out. I can't really find fault in the product and for just over £20 they are perfect. I used mine for work milking cows. Standing in effluent and walking on concrete they lasted around 9 months. Once i wore through the tread on the sole both feet died almost at the same time.

Fitwise I would say that they are a bit narrow for a wide foot and as they have a plate through the sole they have little cushioning.

I wear them over 10 hours a day 6 days a week and I bought another pair - enough said.

Flat-Out Love
Flat-Out Love

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a book for a 32yo male..., 24 May 2013
This review is from: Flat-Out Love (Kindle Edition)
This book wasn't written with my demographic in mind! That said there was something about the story that held me long enough to finish it. Overall i struggle to identify with teenagers who quote South Pacific in their facebook posts and those that talk and think about life straight out of a Gilmore Girls or Dawsons Creek episode.
The Kindle Daily Deal is a bit hit and miss - this was a prefect 3/5. In the hands of the desired audience it may well be worthy of 4/5, definitely no classic.

Forgotten Sacrifice: The Arctic Convoys of World War II (General Military)
Forgotten Sacrifice: The Arctic Convoys of World War II (General Military)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting read, 21 Feb. 2013
I enjoyed the book but once I had finished it I had the nagging feeling that I'd sort of missed out on something. I needed more, perhaps a chapter overviewing Atlantic or Mediterranean convoy movements but i can't quite put my finger on it.
An eye opening good read worth buying for the interviews and the recollections of survivors alone.

Snark Clip On Chromatic Guitar Tuner - Metallic Blue
Snark Clip On Chromatic Guitar Tuner - Metallic Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Mint!, 21 Feb. 2013
I'm a beginner and it does exactly what i wanted it to - it tunes my guitar! I haven't played with any of the other features.