Profile for Lee Ming > Reviews

My Life
My Life
by Bill Clinton

5.0 out of 5 stars The Passion, 15 July 2004
This review is from: My Life (Hardcover)
I disagree with the review from Richmond, Surrey. I see it differently about these so-called nostalgia bits in the book. They show how those life stories shaped a growing and burning passion in Clinton for the vision of the founding Fathers of America and how this passion has kept him going in his political life through thick and thin. I enjoyed the political stories about him working for the Senator Fulbright and as a campaigner for George McGovern for President in 1972.I also enjoyed the bits about the political life in America in 1968 Presidential Election Year and about the way in which the Democratic Party then got to where it was-divided, weak and too liberal etc. All these stories helped me see clearer the passion in a man who devoted all his life for politics. I still remember what he said in 1992 Democratic National Convention: ' Jobs, education and health care, these are not just empty words from my lips, these are the work of my life.'
Well at this stage, you may think I'm a supporter of Clinton. I'm not-I'm not even an American or Westerner. For whatever you may think about Clinton as a politican, He is definitely a man with a passion in his heart. This book will help you see more objectively of Bill Clinton, whether you are his fan, hater or neutral.