Profile for Mrs. A. E. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mrs. A. E. Smith

Mrs. A. E. Smith (Fleet, Hampshire)

Apple Iphone 5 Premium Purple Top Flip PU Leather Case And Screen Protector
Apple Iphone 5 Premium Purple Top Flip PU Leather Case And Screen Protector
Offered by Baba Essentials 4U®

1.0 out of 5 stars Polka Dot- it was not!, 15 Aug. 2013
I also ordered a multi-coloured Polka Dot case (as descibed in the write up about the product details and as detailed in the two very colourful polka dotty pictures. I received a purple one. Do not order if you want a polka dot one.

Water Off a Duck's Back: How to Deal with Frustrating Situations, Awkward, Exasperating and Manipulative People and... Keep Smiling!
by Jon Lavelle

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has opened my eyes, 29 April 2010
I've read a few books similar to this, and I have to say that I agree with the quote from David Bowman at Anglo American Books about it being "One of the very best personal development books I've come across for some time"... and I guess, given his job, he should know!

I was sceptical at first that a book could really deliver on its promises, particularly when dealing with difficult and manipulative people, but I can honestly say it's opened my eyes with lots of new techniques that I hadn't come across before, and more importantly... that WORK!

Some of the stuff the author recommends, particularly the chapters about how to fight back verbally (and very cleverly) against people who try to manipulate you is not only very powerful, but it's also huge fun in the process.

This book turns the tables on bullies, manipulators and irritating people once and for all.