Profile for Mr. S. Harding > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Harding

Mr. S. Harding (Peterborough)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Standard Toms Shoes, 2 Aug 2012
I bought this pair of shoes because I needed something I could wear in the summer with shorts that weren't just flip flops. They arrived quickly and were packaged well; including small Toms gifts in the box.

I've worn them for the past few days and they are very comfy and easy to wear on the feet. They are also very lightweight, so are not a hassle to wear. It's common to wear them without socks and they do start smelling fairly quickly (especially in the summer months), but I have had no issues with hand washing them in hot water and then hanging them out in the sun.

The only slight point to mention is that Toms shoes are not made in the UK and thus do not have UK sizing; the company has tried to provide the shoes by giving you the closest size as possible, but they won't always be exact. I would definitely recommend getting a size lower than normal if you are a half size as the material does stretch quite well.

7oz Hip Flask (4xCups & Funnel) Set
7oz Hip Flask (4xCups & Funnel) Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Quality Hipflask, 1 Aug 2012
I bought this hip-flask more as a novelty item that I could pull out of my dinner jacket and it really works for that. The item arrived quickly and was packaged well. Inside the box was the hip-flask, 4 cups and the funnel. The hip-flask is of a very good size and can have a lot of liquid filled in it. The funnel is very useful and I think it would be very difficult to fill if you didn't have these. The sups can be used for a variety of purposes and can work as shot glasses if you fill your hip-flask with the right spirit. All in all, a good solid product at a great price.

Altberg Sneeker Aqua Boots
Altberg Sneeker Aqua Boots
Offered by Silvermans Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Boots to Last For Years to Come, 1 Aug 2012
Altberg Sneeker Boots are by far the best combat boots I have ever owned. Previously I have only had cheap cadet ones and of course the British Army issue boot, neither compare to this boot. I have had the boots for half a year now, so I feel I can finally give these boots a full review. For the money that this boot costs you want to ensure you are getting your money's worth with footwear so I want to provide you with a thorough review to ensure you know what you're buying.

The Altberg Sneeker is the pre-boot to this one, which is the ultimate lightweight tabbing boot, which works great for day to day wear in the Army, but also of great wear during the summer months when on exercise. This boot has all the features of the previous, plus a Goretex waterproof lining. This means for the rainy days that Spring and Autumn provide, you can always guarantee that your feet will remain dry

Aesthetically the boot looks great, Altberg always have a habit of doing this. In some ways the boot looks quite similar to some of the Lowa combat boots designs, solid leather body with only stitching between. There is a quite high leather upper, so you have plenty of support around the lower leg. The leather is of a very good quality, and is soft and hard in all the right places making it exceedingly comfortable. The lacing system also works well and is very easy to tie up when in a hurry. The bottom of the shoe has a Vibram sole, which is great for a couple of reasons:
1) Proven time and time again to be a superior quality sole that has high durability and provides excellent grip.
2) When the sole finally wears out, you can take it to most shoe repairers and get a new sole replacement

A few people will advise against this boot for a very understandable reason; the goretex lining of the boot provides an extra layer and makes your feel very warm. The waterproof lining may also act against you at some points, as if water spills over the top and into your boot it is very difficult to get it to dry quickly, something that doesn't happen with the simple Altberg Sneeker, but I feel these are risks I am willing to make when I know that no matter what puddle I step in, my feet will not get wet.

A point I would like to make is make sure you get the right sized boot. It may well be worth getting next size up. I bought the same size as I am in normal shoes and it is a very tight fit, especially with thick woolen socks.

So overall, if you are looking for a boot that will perform well in most seasons, provide complete waterproofing to your feet, and be a boot that will last you may years in to the future, then this is the boot to buy.

English Breakfast Luxury Loose Leaf Tea 100g
English Breakfast Luxury Loose Leaf Tea 100g
Offered by Simpli-Special

5.0 out of 5 stars Review From a Non Leaf tea Drinker, 1 Aug 2012
Before buying this tea, I have never had loose leaf tea before, buy after acquiring a teapot and strainer I thought it would be worth giving it a go. The leaves look to be of very good quality and the product is nicely packaged. Upon boiling a kettle and pouring myself a good old cuppa, I tasted it. It's actually very nice! You sometimes get a foul taste with bagged teas but this one is clean and fresh; it tastes great with or without milk as well. Not as cheap as tea bags and I certainly won't be drinking this every day, but for a nice occasional treat, its well worth keeping in your cupboard.

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Long Handled Tea Strainer- boxed
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Long Handled Tea Strainer- boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well With Loose Leaf Tea..., 1 Aug 2012
After recently acquiring a teapot and some loose leaf tea, all I needed now was to have a strainer. I ordered this and I am happy with the product. It does the job well in removing the leaves when I pour my cup of tea, so for that reason alone I shall give this product 5 stars. It also has a container to put in once it has strained your tea to avoid dripping on the surface

A point to mention which other reviews have negatively commented on is that the mesh which is used to filter the tea does stain over the first few uses so it won't stay like it does in the picture for long. If this is an issue for you, I wouldn't recommend buying this product; but if you're a student like me and really don't mind, then this more than suits your every need (in the tea straining aspect that is...)

Sari Journal Notebook Extra Large 135 x 215mm - Green
Sari Journal Notebook Extra Large 135 x 215mm - Green
Offered by Paper High

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Present, 1 Aug 2012
I got this journal for a friends birthday and she was very pleased with it. Like many items that this company sells, the cover of the book is made from a recycled sari which makes it look very beautiful. The pages are made from recycled cotton, which are easy to write on and give the product a real quality feel.

The item is very large and has many pages to write on, it feels sturdy and of a very good quality. The fair trade aspect to this item also appealed as this journal was produced by a small company in India, and the company whom I bought it from, paper High, have an outstanding standard of customer service!

5 Star Staples 26/6 [Pack 5000]
5 Star Staples 26/6 [Pack 5000]

5.0 out of 5 stars Goes Well With The 5 Star Stapler, 1 Aug 2012
I bought these staples along with the 5 Star Stapler. They were very cheap and are perfectly compatible with the stapler. Being an A Level student, you end up stapling a lot of papers together and after the 2 years of studying; I still haven't run out!

1 TIN OF ZIPPO FLUID 125ML UK DEL ONLY
1 TIN OF ZIPPO FLUID 125ML UK DEL ONLY
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Simple Fluid, 1 Aug 2012
As anyone who owns a Zippo product would know, Zippo like you to use their fuel in their products - I wonder why...

The fuel arrived quickly and seems to be a good price. The fluid burns very well and I have had no issues with it at all. Your Zippo lighter will probably need filling up every week or so if you don't use it regularly as the liquid is very volatile and will evaporate quickly.

5 Star Stapler Half Strip Plastic Capacity 20 Sheets Black-Grey Ref 918540
5 Star Stapler Half Strip Plastic Capacity 20 Sheets Black-Grey Ref 918540
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stapler for the Price, 1 Aug 2012
The first thing I can mention is that it is a good product for such a great price. I ordered it and it came well packaged. I've been using it for a year of A-Level studies and as you can guess, there are may papers to be stapled. It shows no signs of currently giving up and does it's job well. I also would recommend buying this product with the "5 Star" staples that will be on the "recommended to you" list as they seem very compatible and also a great price.

Evo-Stik Leather Adhesive 20ml EVOCRLA
Evo-Stik Leather Adhesive 20ml EVOCRLA
Offered by Glue Galore

5.0 out of 5 stars Shock... It Works!, 1 Aug 2012
I bought this to help restore my combat boots when they had a small chunk taken out of the leather. I applied the glue to the area where the chunk was missing and pushed the leather back down to where it had been ripped. Since the repair I have been using the boots regularly, and the glue has done its job well. From what I can gather the glue must have some waterproof properties because the repair currently had no signs of giving up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5