Profile for JustLetMeReadThisChapter > Reviews

Content by JustLetMeReadT...

JustLetMeReadThisChapter (Stoke on Trent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Original Favory ® / Custom made for Sony Xperia Z / Genuine Leather Case / Cover / Quality Slip Pouch / Soft Phone Bag / **with Pull Tab** (Premium Quality) red
Offered by Trendcell Germany/packages fully insured

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made product and excellent price, 20 Aug. 2013
This is a well made genuine leather pouch for an Xperia Z, at a really good price. My only concern is that straight out of the packet it is a very snug fit and difficult to get the phone out quickly, but being leather it is likely to slacken off fairly quickly,

New Balance Womens Silver/Pink Trail Running Shoes WT10SP2 5.5 UK
New Balance Womens Silver/Pink Trail Running Shoes WT10SP2 5.5 UK
Offered by SELECT ELITE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe and good price, 16 Aug. 2013
Bought these as a trail partner to my Vivobarefoot's and ordered the 5.5 UK. These were a 38 when they arrived (which is a 5) but the fit was fine and I can wear a sock with them if I want to because they're slightly bigger than my Vivo's but the NB's are still light and flexible.

I agree with earlier reviewer that you need to break these shoes in slowly if you've not worn minimalist shoes before. I'm a recent convert to running and probably haven't had to worry as much about changing my running style to suit them as I've not spent years running in cushioned shoes - I also tend not to wear anything on my feet unless I need to, so my feet don't object too much to the midsole strike etc.

The shoes are well made and the mesh good and breathable. and although the sole doesn't look as sturdy as some of the barefoot trail shoes I've seen (including the Vivobarefoot Breatho) it's fine for turf, sandy conditions or light trails. I think if I wanted something a bit more durable I'd have to look at some other shoes but these are comfortable and fit well and at this price I'm tempted to buy another pair so I've got them in reserve. Looking forward to some days out!!

Vivobarefoot Women's Neo L 4 Navy/Dirty Blue Trainer VB210002MNAVBLU 5 UK, 38 EU
Offered by Shoehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, great shoe!, 5 Aug. 2013
I'm pretty new to running and had been wearing well cushioned shoes, which were ok but my heels tended to ache and so did my shins. Having looked for a better pair, someone suggested that I try barefoot shoes. Found these on Amazon, went onto Vivobarefoot's website and watched the videos and realised that part of my problem was how I was running.

Wearing these shoes is like having nothing on your feet. Hit the ground with your heel first and you can really feel it - and not in a good way!! As a result, I found that I naturally starting striking the ground with the midfoot area just on the balls of my feet, and that I was taking smaller steps. This tied in with the style shown on the videos etc and in some of the running mags I've scanned. Because I haven't been running long, I haven't developed a lot of habits around how I run and I have found the transition to the shoes pretty easy - although I understand that some people who have run for a while in standard cushioned shoes do find it hard.

I would suggest getting a size up from your usual running shoes as these are a very close fit. Fine if you don't want to wear any socks but for cooler weather going up a size would allow some decent running socks to be worn.

I'm certainly going to get another pair of barefoot shoes (although I'm considering getting some suitable for trail running as the soles on these won't be grippy enough) because they are beautifully light and comfortable and a joy to wear,
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2013 12:16 PM BST

Franky Knight
Franky Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and beautiful!, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Franky Knight (MP3 Download)
Yet another beautiful album by Emilie Simon. I'm so glad that I discovered her as all the albums are fantastic. There are those people who will say she sounds like Kate Bush in the early days (which is not necessarily a bad thing) and others who have suggested a hint of Bjork (possibly because she's quite quirky and creative)......whilst both these ladies are extremely talented and have produced some incredible work, Emilie is incredibly adaptable musically and every album has something different about it. Try it...you might just like it.

3 CD Originaux
3 CD Originaux

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating....., 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: 3 CD Originaux (Audio CD)
This boxed set of 3 cd`s is worth the money!

I had bought "Emilie Simon" as a digital download after hearing "Desert" by chance, then desperately wanted "The Big Machine" and "Vegetale".......found this on Amazon and clicked straight away. For those people who remember Kate Bush in the late 70`s/early 80`s, the vocals will sometimes sound very familiar but Emilie has her own distinct sound too. And I adore the tracks sung in her native French - "Desert" is delicious...

If you aren`t sure, try searching YouTube or Vevo for the videos and prepare to be delighted.

KnitPro Symfonie Wood Interchangeable Knitting Needle Tips SHORT - 10cm x 5.5mms
Offered by Woolstack

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 7 May 2013
Well made and beautifully smooth. I can see why other reviewers have said that the tip size may wear away over time but if you keep your tips in size order it shouldn't be much of a problem. Very pleased with these.

Henry VIII's Wives: History in an Hour
Henry VIII's Wives: History in an Hour

4.0 out of 5 stars A whistlestop book, 2 April 2013
Well written, short (well, it is history in an hour!!) and to the point.

Gives enough information for you to get an understanding of each of the wives - if you decide that you want more then there are obviously other books available via Amazon or information on line for you to dig deeper.

A Swarming of Bees
A Swarming of Bees

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual and involving, 2 April 2013
This appeared on my recommendations and I thought I would give it a go.

I found it to be a well written historical piece, with focus on the relationship between a goodwife and the local church/convent during a time of significant upheaval within the church. It's not something that I would usually have chosen to read, but the author has obviously researched the piece well and it shows in the details that she includes. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and highly recommend it.

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
Rikki-Tikki-Tavi

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi (Kindle Edition)
This has always been one of my favourite Rudyard Kipling stories; the fierce little mongoose who is found and taken in by humans and bravely defends them against Nag and Nagaina the cobras. It is a delightful story celebrating the lively and ferocious nature of Rikki Tikki Tavi and one that I always loved as a child and still love to this day.

The Knitter's Bible: The Complete Handbook for Creative Knitters
The Knitter's Bible: The Complete Handbook for Creative Knitters
by Claire Crompton

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource for all, 30 Mar. 2013
I really like this book. As someone who knitted years ago but hasn't done any for a while, I find it extremely handy as a reference for stitches and techniques. Some are still way outside my skill level but no doubt I will give them a try at some point.

My only disappointment with the item was that some of the pages are misprinted slightly, although they can still be followed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8