Profile for Bussie Lissie > Reviews

Kitchen Secrets
Kitchen Secrets
by Raymond Blanc

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Secrets, 15 May 2011
This review is from: Kitchen Secrets (Hardcover)
I loved the TV series, even the stuff ghat I would not cook as a rule. The book had the Lemon cake recipe that I had been looking for ages and the ham hock terrains is inspirational, great for a summer family get together.

River Cottage Every Day
River Cottage Every Day
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Day, 15 May 2011
Hugh has written a very useful book which we seem to consult a lot for ideas for meals. The cake recipes are easy to do and turn out well. Good honest food that is easy on Mum , daughter and dare I say it Dad in the Kitchen! LoL:)

Good Food: 101 Simple Suppers(BBC Good Food)
Good Food: 101 Simple Suppers(BBC Good Food)
by Good Homes Magazine
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple suppers, 15 May 2011
This book had some good ideas and the recipies were easy to do . Increase the quantities if you want to use the recipies for a meal for the family as the quantities given are for of course a little on the small side for a hungry man!

The Great British Book of Baking: 120 best-loved recipes from teatime treats to pies and pasties
by Linda Collister
Price: 9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Baking but why the green print?, 11 Dec 2010
This book is great for all the things you want to bake and brings back memories of childhood.It inspired Both my daughters to start baking ,and this is the first cook book ever my eldest has taken to her room to read!

The only problem I have with this book is why print the ingredients in green ink, and why were there no pounds and ounces, as well as the metric measurements.
The green is too faint for me to read properly.I like many people do not have the eye sight that I had in my twenties. Also this was to be a book to bring back the memories of how we used to bake with our Mothers and Grandmothers using their old recipes , and inspire the younger generation into baking. These old recipes would have been in pounds and ounces which actually people still use today, including my daughters. Why not print both?
Clearly the woman's touch was missing fro some stages in the publication process.

Otherwise this is the inspirational TV series and book we needed to get Britain Baking again .