Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Peaches for Monsieur le Curé
Peaches for Monsieur le Curé

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it!, 24 Sep 2013
I'm mostly a great fan of Joanne Harris, but sometime her books are a little too fey for me. In this one,she got the balance perfectly. The storyline was contemporary drawing in the problems which can arise when a new community develops within an existing one,. ways in which initially subtle criticism can become a crusade and the healing affect clarity of vision and kindness can bring.all drawn together in a tale with lots of twists. Thank you Joanne!

Womens Single Button Fully Fur Lined Waterproof Rain Winter Snow Boots - Grey - 6
Offered by Viva Shoes

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved the boots but . . ., 24 Sep 2013
they were far too big for me. A little short in the length, but so wide ( am a 6E fitting), I just couldn't walk in them without my heel sliding up.. However, the grey was a great colour, the way in which the boots were made was faultless and the value exceptional - so I passed therm onto a friend with wider feet and she loves them.

I think they would be fine with thick socks, but they were so warm, to wear I didn't want that extra layer.

A Vicar, Crucified
A Vicar, Crucified

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nearly perfect, 16 Sep 2013
I bought this because I have read other things Simon Parke has written and I was not disappointed. The plot twisted and turned, there was no way I was going to work out who done it! So why only 4 stars? I loved the plot, but thought the characters were all lacking in depth.. There was not one I had a real interest in. Abbot Peter was the exception, and that was because his mind moved in such an interesting and convoluted way, but the others? I confess that, though I was keen to know who did the dastardly deed, I didn't actually mind which one crucified the vicar.

Wicked Autumn (Max Tudor 1)
Wicked Autumn (Max Tudor 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars It just got better and better, 16 Sep 2013
After what, for me, was a shaky start, too flippant and attempting humour which irritated me. However, after the first few pages, this book soon got into its stride and became an excellent whodunit. The characters of the small town soon started to unveil their secrets and we discovered, as the plot developed a writer who not only had a keen eye for a murder mystery but a sympathy for the characters who sprang to life through his writing. I loved the gentleness of this book, the way in which it piqued my interest and the way in which the personality of Max Tudor and his parish began to take shape.

The Kingmaker's Daughter
The Kingmaker's Daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 4 April 2013
Reading this made me go back and read the White Queen again and the Red Queen is next on my list! PG is so clever in the way she can take a chunk of history, present it from different view points, each written with a different 'voice' . I can't remember being so engrossed in a series of books for a long time.

Some Like It Hot - Special Edition [DVD] [1959]
Some Like It Hot - Special Edition [DVD] [1959]
Dvd ~ Marilyn Monroe
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful classic, 4 April 2013
Just brilliant! M M and Co at their best! I prefer the black and white to the colour version anyday.

Changeling
Changeling

3.0 out of 5 stars Light and pleasant, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Changeling (Kindle Edition)
Okay, but nowhere near as good as the Cousins' Wars series, which I think is Philipa Gregory at her best

The Good Father
The Good Father

3.0 out of 5 stars found it hard to finish . . ., 4 April 2013
This review is from: The Good Father (Kindle Edition)
Really good start, got tedious as it went along, though in fairness, it was never going to be a book with a happy ending!

Finding a Voice: A Lent Course on the King's Speech
Finding a Voice: A Lent Course on the King's Speech
by Hilary Brand

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Lent course, 4 April 2013
An excellent course using an outstanding film. Questions were good as starters, but our own supplementary ones added extra depth

Ecell - PURPLE SUMMER DESIGN PROTECTIVE SNAP-ON HARD BACK CASE COVER FOR HTC WILDFIRE S

5.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 4 April 2013
inexpensive and very pretty. Won't lose this one in my overflowing handbag. Seeems really good value for the price. Thank you!

Page: 1 | 2