Profile for Joe > Reviews

Ray-Ban 3030 L9500 Black Outdoorsman Aviator Sunglasses Lens Category 3
Offered by SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group
Price: 92.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Cobra, 20 Feb 2014
this glasses are so cool. the way they're built means you won't loose them too easily as they stick to your head

quality is TOP

word of advice: when you first wear them you will have sore ears, because of the shape of the stems. just work them gently with your fingers to make them a bit less curved, and after a while they'll be comfortable.

Final Cut Pro X - How it Works: A new type of manual - the visual approach (Graphically Enhanced Manuals)
by Edgar Rothermich
Price: 19.21

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this approach but..., 20 Feb 2014
...my only issue is that they are quite big books, which means I don't like carrying them,say, on the tube or around. they are very well presented, with lots of graphic info that means you can understand things without necessarily having the software running in front of you.
I have quite a collection of manuals, but Rothermich delivers the goods. I will buy more from him.

Canon LEGRIA HF G10 High Definition Camcorder Black (10x Optical Zoom, 3.5 inch Touchscreen LCD)

5.0 out of 5 stars I simply LOVE this camcorder, 20 Feb 2014
I had this camcorder for quite some time and it just produces fantastic images. it's not the smallest, but the display works so well, and it simply does a good job. images are crisp and always in focus, even in low lighting. I considered upgrading to the G25 but this still works so well there's no reason. a true classic in the making

the only thing not to like is the lack of progressive 50p recording, something you can only find in latter models

Humax HDR-FOX T2 500GB Freeview + HD Digital TV Recorder
Humax HDR-FOX T2 500GB Freeview + HD Digital TV Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like it, 20 Feb 2014
I had this unit for quite some time now and I can only say good things about it. works well, video quality is excellent, and you can upload a special firmware to do some custom functions.
it simplifies your life, and whatever you do you just pause and then go back and continue watching. storage is good enough 500GB means you will rarely run out of space, I think it can record something like 100 movies!! seriously if you need more it's your problem

Decal - Sticker MacBook BATMAN - 11" 13" 15" 17"
Decal - Sticker MacBook BATMAN - 11" 13" 15" 17"
Offered by Cozee
Price: 5.19

4.0 out of 5 stars looks great, 20 Feb 2014
not so easy to apply and instructions suck (why the 1 star less), but the seller is nice and ready to help

rooCASE Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display Origami SlimShell Case Cover - Black
Offered by PCMICROSTORE
Price: 17.98

5.0 out of 5 stars good case, 20 Feb 2014
in case you are wondering this works great for the NEW ipad mini retina. this is the only case I could find that has the origami functionality and wraps the ipad mini retina well enough (sizes are correct). the protection offered is good and the magnets seem good enough not to have it open unwantingly

would buy again

FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2I4 Audio interfaces USB
FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2I4 Audio interfaces USB
Offered by MusicMatter
Price: 149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars so far it's really good, 20 Feb 2014
I have just started using it with my MBP retina 15" for Logic Pro, and I was impressed by the ease of use.

the MBP recognized it immediately, and everything works as it should. I only use headphones and record guitars on Logic, and the sound is crisp. haven't tried phantom power yet.
I would recommend this unit. build quality is very good, not flimsy at all, and small enough to carry around if needed.

good stuff

OXFORD SOLARISER: SOLAR BATTERY CHARGER
OXFORD SOLARISER: SOLAR BATTERY CHARGER
Offered by NIGHTINGALES
Price: 28.49

4.0 out of 5 stars good item, with one shortfall, 2 Dec 2013
this seems to do the job properly.
I only had to hard wire (and solder) a new connector, as my bike (a Monster 796) has a tamiya connector.
so I just looked for one and ta-dah problem solved. a bit puzzled as to why they didn't include that plug in the first place. go figure

other than that looks like it's the only option to keep the battery in decent state for people who don't have a garage

DSLR Cinema: Crafting the Film Look with Large Sensor Video Cameras
DSLR Cinema: Crafting the Film Look with Large Sensor Video Cameras
by Kurt Lancaster
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I only read 1/3 of it and already love it, 2 Dec 2013
I have to say I do love this book. the content is good and updated, and presented in such a clear way, full of links to videos on VIMEO so you can check what they're talking about.

I already know a good amount of what's explained here, but it's a good reference, and you just know this book has gathered all the "right" info

recommended, especially, if, like me, you own a Canon 5D mk2 (or 3), as it's almost the focal point of this book

Parlux 385 BLACK Hair Dryer Powerlight Ceramic Ionic
Parlux 385 BLACK Hair Dryer Powerlight Ceramic Ionic
Offered by Hair Supermarket
Price: 92.95

5.0 out of 5 stars fast and light, 2 Dec 2013
ok this is a very good hair-dryer.
it's light, not too big and very powerful, although it has only 2 speeds.

the cable is very long so no problems there either.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5