Profile for Otiusanc > Reviews

How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour
by Douglas Stuart Gordon D. Fee
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, easy to follow, helpful, 1 Aug 2008
Get this book. An essential part of any Christians library. Fee & Stuart are excellent writers and with this book they have laid out key information for every book of the Bible. Covering historical background, literary points, and structural overview of each book. My favourite bits are where they give pointers of what to look out for - a "how to read" section, this helps guide my reading - aiming in the right direction but means I am still left to discover God's truth for myself. Wonderful!

Fixing Our Eyes: A Guidebook for a TV-Free Week
Fixing Our Eyes: A Guidebook for a TV-Free Week
by Kevin C Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars What are we fixing our eyes on??, 1 Aug 2008
This book is for those who have come to a point of realising the impact that TV is having on our day to days lives as Christians. It has you look honestly at the amount of time you spend watching TV and asks if we should be using our time more wisely. The guide covers 7 different topics for the 7 days you will be without TV. There are short introductions to each study and then questions and Bible references to look up, read and talk about. It is very practical and ideally done with other people - your family, housemates etc. I did this with some friends and it has transformed how we view TV, its influence on us personally and corporately and made us think about what we spend our time watching (when we do watch).

The Essential IVP Reference Collection - 2nd Edition
The Essential IVP Reference Collection - 2nd Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential collection for sure!, 13 Dec 2007
I am a Bible teacher who travels various places to teach. This CD set has been a complete god-send for me. It has just about everything I need to be able to gather information about the Bible, culture, background, commentary etc. Instead of lugging several heavy books around (which would take up my 20kg weight limit) I pack this in with my laptop and off I go. It is excellent value for money also - if you checked out the cost of all the books included in this package you will be pleasantly surprise. The software is easy to install and navigate. You can browse the library and open several books (windows) at once. You can print out portions of scripture and the dictionaries for your own reference or use. I think this is a brilliant package for any serious Bible scholar.