Profile for Mr. George Binns > Reviews

Mastech 5-in-1 Auto-Range Multi-functional Digital Multimeter, MS8229
Offered by Relax House
Price: 35.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Great multimeter with extras!, 16 Mar 2014
Did a lot of research before ordering this multimeter and have not been disappointed. It does everything I needed and does it well. It seems well made and designed and I hope to have years of use from it without problems.

Wi-Fi SD
Wi-Fi SD
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wi-Fi SD (App)
This product shows much potential but fails to deliver in many respects. There is no live view like the GpPro WiFI, the transfer rate is slow, and the quality of the software UI leaves a lot to be desired!

1000 Mile Compression Tactel Sock - Black, Medium (6-8.5UK)
1000 Mile Compression Tactel Sock - Black, Medium (6-8.5UK)
Price: 14.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sock by (a thousand) miles!, 15 April 2013
Never found anything better than the 1000 mile socks for blister free running. These long ones are great for me as they avoid the tightness marks caused by short ones as I have quite big calfs but small feet.

Casio - EQW-M1100C-1AER - Gents Watch - Quartz - Analogue - Black Resin Strap
Casio - EQW-M1100C-1AER - Gents Watch - Quartz - Analogue - Black Resin Strap
Price: 242.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio - EQW-M1100C-1AER - Gents Watch, 15 April 2013
I have been wearing the watch for a couple of weeks now so here are my initial impressions -
PROS -
Quality product at a great price
Good looking watch that is well constructed
Fits my relatively small wrist well without looking too big

CONS -
The dark orange writing on the face is VERY difficult to read in anything other that strong sun light.
The stop watch feature is just for show - no practical use whatsoever and incredibly difficult to read, especially in this day of the smart phone! Why bother?
Alarm sound is way too quiet - you are unlikely to hear it unless you are in a quiet room.

Despite it's shortfalls I really like this watch.

Life Extension Rhodiola Extract 3% Rosavins (250 mg 60 vegetarian capsules)
Life Extension Rhodiola Extract 3% Rosavins (250 mg 60 vegetarian capsules)
Offered by Atlantic Trading Company
Price: 3.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Life Extension Rhodiola - 3% Rosavins Capsules 250Mg 60-Count, 2 Jan 2013
Was recommended these in a running forum to help keep me motivated. Can't say for certain they worked but they did seem to keep me a bit more positive although not sure how much of that was a placebo effect.

Protan Slim Tan Fat Burner and Tan Accelerator 60 Caplets
Protan Slim Tan Fat Burner and Tan Accelerator 60 Caplets
Price: 17.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Protan Slim Tan Fat Burner and Tan Accelerator 60 Caplets, 2 Jan 2013
Does not give you a tan on it's own so stopped taking them over the winter. Will try again in the spring. Not fully convinced about the fat burning ability yet either.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Ibuprofen gel!, 2 Jan 2013
What can you say about this product - it does the job but does have a bit of an unusual smell which takes a bit of getting used to.

Jaybird Bluebuds X Bluetooth In-Ear Earphones Midnight Black BBX
Jaybird Bluebuds X Bluetooth In-Ear Earphones Midnight Black BBX
Offered by Advanced MP3 Players
Price: 118.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Best wireless in ear headphones? I don't think so!, 18 Dec 2012
I've been looking for a top quality set of in ear wireless headphones for a couple of months but until I came across these little beauties I had been extremely disappointed. I couldn't believe how difficult it is to find a set that delivers on most accounts. Some were uncomfortable, others were unreliable (surprisingly common) and others were just rubbish on all accounts. Then I tried the Jaybird BluBuds X. What a revelation! They are light, comfortable, stay in place when jogging, sound great when fitted correctly (this takes a bit of trial and error but is worth it), hence the 5 star rating (subsequently amended to 1).
Imagine my disappointment when they failed completely on me after only the third time out running. To be honest, there were warning signs right from the first use. They auto shut down half way round my run. At first I thought it might have been a power issue so I charged them overnight however, next time out they were doing some strange stuff when I was selecting tracks and changing volume. Even then I thought it was my fault with gloved hands so I charged them again and tried again the next day. To my total disappointment they refused to switch on - dead as a dead thing!
When they worked they were great so I've sent them back and asked for a replacement set in the hope this was a one off. I will report back here when I have tried the replacements out for a few days.

Update 22nd December 2012 - Received the replacement BlueBuds by next day delivery from the retailer once the had confirmed the defect with the original items - great service!
I have used my replacement headphones on two runs now with no major issues, however, I am experiencing some occasional audio drop-outs with this set which I never experienced with the original pair. I've discovered it is actually quite a common problem with most blue tooth headsets but Jaybird claim the BlueBuds X have a system to prevent it - we will see! This time I have opted to wear them over ear. In this position it keeps the switching unit (that does not seem to be waterproof which I find very strange) under my hat and out of the rain. To wear them over your ears also entails folding up the cable with the supplied clips. I'm wondering if that might be causing the drop-out problem - bad reception due to shortening of the wires? It only seems to happen occasionally when I'm jogging. No problem standing still or walking. I will report back with progress in a couple of weeks.

Update 23rd December 2012 - Unbelievably this pair have also failed after only three 30 minute runs! Towards the end of my 3 mile run I started to hear some distortion in the right earpiece. By the time my run was over and I was cooling down the distortion was getting worse. As usual I switched the headset off and laid it down on the kitchen table as I prepared my post run drink. While I was preparing my protein drink I could hear a crackling noise coming from the RH earpiece. I picked it up and attempted to switch the unit off thinking I had not correctly switched it off the first time, however, the noise stopped and I found that they were completely dead, just like the first pair. It's as if they had shorted out internally.

This is totally unacceptable from an expensive headset that sells itself as sweat-proof - it clearly is not!!!!
I'm not going to waste my time with another pair as they are obviously not up to the job.

29th September 2013 -update

Well here I am again! Reading the recent reviews I am now more confident these quality earphones are worth another visit as they are now protected by Aquapel. I always liked the design of these earphones and the way they feel and operate but they were just no good dealing with sweat.

I'm currently on holiday in Canada so I have decided to give them another chance while I'm over here. During the good British summer I have been using the standard IPhone earphones with the cable for running without any major issues, in fact I rather like them and they have worked flawlessly even with my profuse sweating, however, I don't like them when I`m wearing more clothing as the lead just keeps getting caught up and eventually pulls an earpiece out, that's why I'm prepared to give these ones another chance. I'll let you know how I get on when I get home.

15 June 2014 - Update

Well this pair have lasted almost 9 months but I'm sad to say they have now failed completely.
About 30 minutes into my morning jog they just announced they were powering down, normally they give you a low power warning first but not this time. During the remainder of the jog I kept hearing a crackling sound in the right earpiece intermittently. When I finished my jog I tried to charge them thinking the battery was flat but the red charging light only stayed on for a few minutes and then went out and not green as usual when fully charged. After that I tried to turn them back on but nothing, totally dead! Since I bought them while I was in Canada it is not practical for me to send them back to the retailer so I will be sending them back to the manufacturer in the USA. I will let you know how well they resolve my issue.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2013 3:00 PM BST

Mens Speedo Printed Leisure Swim Swimming Grey Blue Watershorts Shorts with Zip Pocket

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 11 Nov 2012
These are a typical Speedo product. Nice looking shorts that are very high quality for a great price - what more can you ask for?

SBC Arnica Duo - Gel + Bath Soak, 2 x 125ml with pump dispenser, muscle strain/ache

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and fast delivery, 11 Nov 2012
I've been using this product for a couple of months now to help me push through a particularly heavy weight loss and training programme. I find it helps me tolerate the little aches and pains you pick up after jogging or running and helps with muscle recovery - works for me!

I started with a small bottle but quickly bought the larger one as I use it virtually every day. I've now lost over 35lb in less than 3 months and never felt fitter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4