Profile for Safetytrousers > Reviews

Content by Safetytrousers

Safetytrousers

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gioteck EX05 Wired Multi Format Headset (PS3/Xbox 360/PC)
Gioteck EX05 Wired Multi Format Headset (PS3/Xbox 360/PC)
Offered by BESTBUYIT
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond expectations, 4 Nov 2013
I own a pair of Senheiser HD650 headphones (which are among the best headphones there are) which are connected to a very good external audio interface that has a very good headphone output/amp. I therefore think I have a good benchmark to judge other headphones by.

EX05 sound:
As I expected the sound is 'hyped'. The bass and the treble are boosted. For games this is appropriate.
The bass is very good indeed, giving cinematic booms with plenty of 'oomph' and smoothness. The treble though is a bit brittle. All frequencies are very tight with no flabbiness. As you would expect from this good timing response you can hear very good detail in the sound, certainly a lot better than the average speakers in a flat screen TV, but there again, most headphones would probably afford better detail than that.
Overall the sound is surprisingly good for a product in this price bracket.

Comfort:
The ear cups are comfortable and do not press too hard on the ears. The headband can become a bit uncomfortable if the phones slip down and the frame presses on the head, but a small adjustment will relieve this and you can carry on.
It could overall be more comfortable but I can play long sessions without problem.

Controller:
At a convenient distance down the wire from the phones is the small control box. It has two separate dials, one for the overall console/PC sound level and one for the level of other people's voices. It also has a mute/on switch for the headset's microphone. This switch is a bit small and stiff but that's not a big issue. You can see they did spare some expense on this little box, but its features are very handy and it works.

Microphone:
The mic arm is adjustable up and down. You can move it so it is vertical allowing for convenient storage. It is also flexible meaning you can move it closer or further from your mouth. You can only hear your own voice on the PS3 in the headset set up section, you can't hear your own voice in games. Judging by the set up the mic has good sound quality, better in the test than any player's voice I have heard in online games. I expect your voice comes out the same way as other people's in games, but at least you know that this mic will make your voice sound as good as any other mic would in most games.

Installation:
I have only used this on PS3. Installation was easy, but you do need to carefully follow the instructions. If using with the PS3 you will need the audio cable that came with the PS3. As well as using the rear audio peripheral socket it will also take up a USB socket.

Overall I am impressed by this headset system.
Everything about it could be better quality, but you would have to pay a whole lot more to get much better, and I don't need it to be better.

4 way socket extension 1 Metre lead 13amp
4 way socket extension 1 Metre lead 13amp
Offered by Lettuce Eat
Price: 4.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and works, 2 Oct 2013
It is what it is.
A neat unit that is and does what it promised.
There is really nothing I can add to that.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as well as anything could, 2 Oct 2013
The card fits in a 1x slot and like most cards is very easy to slot into your computer.
The 3 aerials can be angled in any direction.

Driver setup was easy and the process of connecting to my hub was easy too (Windows 7 64bit).

It works. I am getting the full possible bandwith my service provides, using 5G (it is about 8 metres from my hub going through one wall and kitchen sink unit).

Akasa AK-CBSA01-05BK SATA 3.0 6Gbps Rounded Cable - Black(50cm)
Akasa AK-CBSA01-05BK SATA 3.0 6Gbps Rounded Cable - Black(50cm)
Price: 4.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice black cable, 25 Sep 2013
It fits into my motherboard power output and on to my drive with the power connector also attached without any problem. The cable's blackness blends nicely into the colour scheme of my PC's internals. It's also the perfect length for my PC.
The cable's thickness indicates that is well shielded. It has some flexing stiffness which is good.
It works for me without any issues.

HDMI TO HDMI JOINER COUPLER - Hdmi joiner Female to female - GOLD CONNECTORS - pjp electronics
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS
Price: 0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 28 Jun 2013
It works and is no bigger than it needs to be. It can't do any better.

I can't profess 'love' for it, but it doesn't deserve any stars knocked off.

CablessonBasics 4m (4 Meter) High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - (Latest 1.4a Version, 15.2Gbps) Gold HDMI to HDMI Cable with ETHERNET Compatibility, FULL HD, 1080P, 2160p, LCD, PLASMA & LED TV's, 3D TVS, Supports Dolby TrueHD
Offered by HDCentral
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's an HDMI cable and it works, 28 Jun 2013
It's an HDMI cable that is the length promised and it works. There's no more it could be expected to be and do.

While I can't say I 'love' this product it doesn't do anything to have any stars knocked off, so 5/5.

Luxury Pocket Sprung Majestic 3ft Mattress.3ft Single (90cm) Pocket 1000 Sprung Julia Mattress
Offered by World of Beds
Price: 85.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy sleep, 23 May 2013
Let's start by clarifying what this product actually is. The mattress I received is the Pocket Reflex 1000. It might be a good idea for the seller to actually state that.

My previous mattress was open coil. The mattress here gives a big contrast. This mattress feels like a big sponge, a nice sponge. There is none of the bounce you get with an open coil when you plonk down on it - you flump onto this.
I weigh about 12.5 stone.
If I sit on it I sink about an inch and the mattress feels like it is being as compressed as much as it can be. When lying on the bed your points that exert the most pressure create a dip, but it doesn't radiate far from where that pressure is exerted - although it's not the same as perfect contouring to your body. I would not describe this as a firm bed, it's soft but in a supportive way. If you are very heavy I don't think this mattress would be for you.
The overall feeling is luxurious. The sleeps I've had on it have been very comfortable.

The cover is a full sleeve for the mattress and the product is supplied with it on. It has a zip if you need to take it off. It has a soft spongy feeling like memory foam.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My journey is over, 3 May 2013
I shave with an electric razor above the jaw and with a manual razor under my jaw line. The disposable razors and refill razors I've tried before this were all unsatisfactory so I thought I'd spend a bit more and try this style of razor for the first time. My search has ended.
This item has a full feeling of quality and I anticipate it will last me for the rest of my life. With the provided razor blades I get a very good result. Totally satisfied.

Disposable Lighters - Pack Of 10
Disposable Lighters - Pack Of 10
Offered by CKONE
Price: 2.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as I expected, 3 May 2013
These are the sort of lighters that have a high likelihood of failing before the gas has run out - but even if they failed with the fuel still half fall they are still great value for money. As it happens in my experience they do usually last to near the end of the fuel.
Brilliant value for money and they do exactly what I want.
(I don't smoke)

Kitchen Craft 30 cm Master Class Professional Carbon Steel Wok
Kitchen Craft 30 cm Master Class Professional Carbon Steel Wok
Price: 23.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful wok, 28 Mar 2013
It bills itself as professional and it gives that impression.
It is solid and if you were cooking for several people the weight of the wok and the food may cause some people issues. However I only cook for myself and I have no problem with the weight. I believe quality cookware and induction cookware (I use an induction hob) does tend to be heavier.
The non-stick surface is not like any I have experienced before. It's like magic. It feels very integrated into the body rather than being a coating. The first time I washed it the water poured out leaving the inside bone dry (there are some droplets left after washing now that oil has been in it). Food really doesn't stick even at high temperature.
People say you can't get a non-stick wok hot enough for oriental cooking - I don't agree.
Cooking for one I find the flat area a little big, but I don't think that reduces the cooking quality, and if you are cooking for several that would be all to the good I guess.
I perceived what I made yesterday to taste different to how it did in my old wok, and an improvement to what was already delicious before.

I bought this wok to replace my much used old one (that happened to work on induction, I used it twice every week for years) that had warped. I've dumped it.
I'm in love with my new wok.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3