Profile for robhem > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Xqisit Folio Case Rana for Samsung Galaxy Core Prime LTE - Black Metal
Xqisit Folio Case Rana for Samsung Galaxy Core Prime LTE - Black Metal

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and sturdy, 20 July 2015
Very smart and sturdy case. Fits to my Galaxy Core Prime very well and allows access to all buttons, sockets and camera. Good screen protection. Worth the money.

All the Gear, No Idea: A Woman's Solo Motorbike Journey Around the Indian Subcontinent

4.0 out of 5 stars No prior interest in motorcycles required!, 20 July 2015
As I had anticipated, I found this a bit girly, but was quickly drawn in to the tale of the author's adventure on Big Thumper. Her total lack of preparation, prior thought for spares and basic motorcycle maintenance are laughable and slightly insane, as i'm sure she would agree. Instead she survived by using her skills of communication and sought assistance wherever necessary. Her descriptions of her issues, how they were resolved, the people and places visited and her experiences are well written in an easy to read way. Reading Michele's book makes me want to visit India myself, on bike or otherwise. In fact, this would be a good read for anyone interested in travel stories. No prior interest in motorcycles required!

The Wakhan Corridor: A Motorcycle Journey into Central Asia
The Wakhan Corridor: A Motorcycle Journey into Central Asia

5.0 out of 5 stars The best LB & son adventure book yet, 20 July 2015
Having read the author's other motorcycle adventure tales, I found this one the most interesting and well written of them all. There is less of the dairy style and more descriptive accounts of the adventure and of Lawrence's thoughts and decisions. Even though they cover huge distances on their bikes, they do find time to meet and interact with locals on route. However, their main focus is on covering the distance and riding their dream trails, which are described in detail. LB makes some suggestions for others who wish to try what he feels are the most fun ones. His account of their journey through the 'Scary tunnel', is worth the price of the book alone. He makes it sound like they were passing through the anus of the Earth. One to avoid if you wish to travel in his tracks, or perhaps a must do so you too can say you've survived it (if you do). Inspiring stuff! Keep on biking (and writing) Lawrence!

Tomy: Hypercity Rescue: Motorized Mechliner SWAT train
Tomy: Hypercity Rescue: Motorized Mechliner SWAT train
Offered by Toysafari Worldwide

5.0 out of 5 stars SWAT train, 30 Dec. 2014
Added this to my son's existing Tomy train set. The one engine transforms into a police robot, which is cool. Well made and durable toy.

Guy Martin: My Autobiography
Guy Martin: My Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega!, 30 Dec. 2014
Guy's book is a fascinating, funny, fast paced autobiography that I can't put down. I'm half way through reading it and can't wait to read more. As my eyes are reading the words, it's like Guy is in my head narrating the whole thing. It's written much how he speaks with his own choice words and phrases that make him the interesting character he is. If you're already a Guy Martin fan, have watched him race or are into motorcycling in some form or other, then this book will be right up your street! If you've seen Guy's TV appearances (Speed, Spitfire etc) and want to know what makes him tick then look no further - this book is as close as you'll come to knowing what drives him on.

Unsurpassed: The Story of Tommy Godwin, the World's Greatest Distance Cyclist
Unsurpassed: The Story of Tommy Godwin, the World's Greatest Distance Cyclist
by Godfrey Barlow
Edition: Perfect Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 15 Feb. 2014
An incredible story of human endurance and perseverance through two harsh winters and the onset of war. Tommy's record achievements remain unsurpassed to this day. Grit and determination made him a true cycling legend. An informative and gripping read. I read it cover to cover, as I couldn't put it down once I began.

The Road to Escondido
The Road to Escondido

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Laid Back, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Road to Escondido (Audio CD)
A very chilled collection of tunes from two guitar greats. I felt that it was more in the style of JJC, but with plenty of instances of EC thrown in. If you're a fan of either artist, then you'll like this album. A good album to play if you want to wind down after a busy day.

The Designer's Guide to the  Cortex-M Processor Family: A Tutorial Approach
The Designer's Guide to the Cortex-M Processor Family: A Tutorial Approach

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Introductory Text, 30 Nov. 2013
I bought the ebook version and began working through the examples, which I found to be good. However, I was struggling to set aside time to cover the material and so I booked myself onto the two-day training course run by Trevor (the author) at Hitex UK. The training covers all the material in the book with day two devoted to the RTX RTOS and day one to the rest of the material. I found this a great help and am now confidently embarking on my first commercial ARM based project. The training is very reasonably priced and you come away with a printed paperback copy of the book, plus a memory stick with all the examples and the presentation material and a time-limited full evaluation copy of Meil MDK-ARM IDE. Back to the book: the text guides you through the Cortex-M features by tutorial examples that can be run and debugged in the free Keil MDK-ARM IDE. The material progresses logically and works its way towards using the free RTX RTOS. Much of the material is generic to all Cortex-M MCUs, but there is a chapter devoted to DSP on the Cortex-M4 series. Most of the examples can be run and debugged in the simulator included with the IDE, including those for the RTOS and the DSP. Finally, there's a chapter on using a ULINK debugger to debug on the hardware itself via the CoreSight debug connection. I recommend this book to anyone wanting to get started fast using the Cortex-M microcontrollers.

Original Album Series
Original Album Series

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back, 23 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
I'm not a great Sister fan, but there's a few tunes that I particularly remember from my youth; especially those that would be played in the night clubs I used to frequent. This CD set packs them all in and a whole lot more. I confess I haven't listened to it all and have just picked out the dozen or more tracks I like. I like it!

Basket Case
Basket Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Stuff, 23 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Basket Case (MP3 Download)
You don't need me to tell you this is classic Green Day stuff. Well worth playing over and over! I like it!

Page: 1 | 2