Profile for G. Baird > Reviews

Galapagos 3D with David Attenborough [Blu-ray 3D]
Galapagos 3D with David Attenborough [Blu-ray 3D]
Price: 14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding series, 13 Mar 2014
Saw this last night and was simply blown away. I've been fortunate to be able to watch it on my new UHD telly which up-scales the 3D content via my Samsung blu ray player and it's like nothing I've seen before. You feel like you are looking through a window due to the extra depth and detail of the images. Wow wow wow!

Samsung UE55F9000 Smart 3D Ultra HD (4K) 55" LED TV
Samsung UE55F9000 Smart 3D Ultra HD (4K) 55" LED TV

5.0 out of 5 stars I was once blind, but now I see..., 13 Mar 2014
I purchased this utter stunner about 2 weeks ago and I have barely left the house as a result. Standard definition pictures are very solid but your love affair begins with the introduction of blu ray content, and even more spectacularly with 3D content. I have watched Avatar, Avengers Ensemble, Gravity and most recently Galapagos in 3D and the level of detail, depth and overall immersive impact is quite simply staggering. I moved from a trusty Panasonic Vieira 3D plasma and the difference is like comparing an I-phone to a Nokia 6300. I.e. worlds apart...

I have turned off the motion and voice controls as they don't work for me, plus I have yet to delve into the online content due to watching blu ray after blu ray and enjoying movies like they are being watched for the very first time.

I have also invested in a Samsung HWF850 55" Soundbar and this connects wonderfully to the TV and delivers warm and rich sounds. The sound on the TV itself is much better than most, but a soundbar or connection to a separate sound system is naturally recommended.

Bottom line, this is the best TV I have ever owned and possibly ever will, plus it's future proofed for when UHD content becomes the norm. So far seven of my friends have come over at separate times to watch the footie or a movie and each has said they are going to buy one as soon as they get the chance. Go and do likewise... you will absolutely adore this television...
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2014 12:10 PM BST

Stylish Glass Mosaic, Sphere Shaped Table Lamp - Red
Stylish Glass Mosaic, Sphere Shaped Table Lamp - Red
Offered by Ginger Interiors
Price: 39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous globe, 11 Jun 2013
This is a gem of a purchase... looks superb, especially on a mahogony or similarly dark wood table... Get one!

Casio AP-450PK with Free Bench and Headphones
Casio AP-450PK with Free Bench and Headphones
Offered by Fair Deal Music
Price: 729.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and feel... A truly great purchase., 11 Jun 2013
Having owned a Roland HP207 in the past, which also had the synthetic ivory keys and graded hammer action, and having had to part with the best part of 2500, I can honestly say that I wish this Casio was around back then! The Roland looked and sounded beautiful but then so it bloody should at that price. The AP-450 also looks very attractive and sounds wonderful at around a third of the price! I also love the ability to tweak the many different sounds it offers, plus of course the rather unique ability to raise the cabinet to bolster the sound to that more of a grand piano. Bottom line it is a cracking digital piano for the price and compares to others priced up and over the 2000 mark. What more could you ask for? Get involved!

Old School [DVD] [2003]
Old School [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Luke Wilson
Price: 3.68

5.0 out of 5 stars A movie you can watch over and over again..., 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Old School [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
great movie. wonderfully daft throughout with some hilarious scenes...
Would definately recommend to anyone who is a fan of Will Ferrell, one of his best movies (the tranquiliser scene makes me soil myself every time)!

UKayed  Jelly Fish Mood Lamp Relaxing - Table - Designer - Night - Mood - Light -
UKayed Jelly Fish Mood Lamp Relaxing - Table - Designer - Night - Mood - Light -

2.0 out of 5 stars just float at the top whatever i do, 4 Feb 2013
cannot get rid of the air bubbles even with washing up liquid etc etc so they just sit at the top. really annoying... would not recommend.