Profile for D. Forlano > Reviews

Content by D. Forlano

D. Forlano (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Frommer's Britain's Best-Loved Driving Tours, 4th Edition (Frommer's 25 Great Drives in Great Britain)
by Woodcock

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely indispensable, especially for those in the Greater London area., 12 July 2014
We were given this book as a gift when we first came to Britain 15 years ago, and it is kept in the car to this day. Any time we drive anywhere, I consult this book to see if we can incorporate any parts of any of the itineraries. It tells you the most beautiful routes by the most interesting areas, and the routes are fantastically compact. You can take your time, stopping at every village, stately home, or site, or you can breeze by in hours. I'm actually about to buy a second copy as I've panicked because I cannot immediately locate our old copy!

Pennine Dog Whistle High Frequency Silent Whistle
Pennine Dog Whistle High Frequency Silent Whistle
Offered by M J AQUATICS

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing. Not silent, just shrill., 30 Oct. 2013
I actually got this whistle in the hopes that the frequency would be just within the range of my son's hearing, to get his attention without yelling. Our neighbours are very sensitive to noise, so this seemed like an excellent solution for everyone. Unfortunately, the whistle is nowhere near silent. In fact, it is perfectly within the range of normal human hearing, just high enough to be exceptionally irritating to any humans within range. Furthermore, it kept coming apart.

If you're looking for a whistle which comes apart unexpectedly and drives everyone within a mile or so completely insane, then this is the product for you. Otherwise, avoid.

Twilight Umbrella (Mini Pink)
Twilight Umbrella (Mini Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, well worth the price, and cool too!, 30 Oct. 2013
I put this umbrella on my daughter's wish list, as I thought it was too expensive for me to purchase for a 3-year-old girl who had hitherto destroyed every umbrella she ever touched. Fortunately her grandparents got it for her. I say fortunately, because it has turned out to be the best umbrella we've ever had. It is VERY sturdy. In nearly 2 years she hasn't even dented it. It is easy to use, and the batteries are easy to replace. Plus she ADORES it. Every time she uses it in the dark, someone stops to tell us how cool it is and ask where we got it.

To summarise, perfect for the dark windy British winters, excellent quality, really cool looking, and especially good for children. Highly recommended!

The Home of Fashion New Ladies Royal Blue Polo Neck Sleeveless Jersey Midi Dress RRP £26 Size 8-14
Offered by The Home of Fashion UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and fit, 28 Nov. 2012
I ordered a number of these midi dresses from various companies, and so far this one is my favourite. Often when items are this inexpensive they are cheaply made and come up much smaller or shorter than expected. I am 5'8" tall and a size 12/14 and this fits beautifully. The fabric is thin but not cheap, has a nice stretch and feel to it, and the proportions are all correct. The colour is also deep and not cheap-looking.

I would say that this dress is excellent value for money, and very well sized. I'm planning to wear it as a nightgown, but with proper undergarments (or on those with no wobbly bits) it would make a lovely dress.

NB: Turns out I didn't actually like the neckline on me, so I cut off the neck-band. Now I have a very sexy wide-necked nightie with a matching hairband!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely dress, great quality, perhaps on the small side, 24 Nov. 2012
I was very impressed with the quality of this dress. The top is soft and well-made, and the tulle is thick, fluffy, and very soft. Lovely little dress.

In my opinion the sizing is a bit small, so I'd recommend ordering 1 size up.

Bridesmaid / Flower Girl / Party Dress Pink 4-5 Years
Bridesmaid / Flower Girl / Party Dress Pink 4-5 Years
Offered by Cinda Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars The prettiest dress at the nicest price!, 24 Nov. 2012
I purchased this dress for my daughter's 4th birthday party. I wanted a pretty dress which was not very expensive, so that she could then use it for dress-up for months afterwards. I was very surprised at the quality of this dress for the price. My daughter adores it, and looked gorgeous at her party.

My only very slight complaint is that there are some small sequin flower embellishments which were glued on which kept falling off. You can't tell they're missing, it doesn't detract from the appearance of the dress at all, so I'd suggest to the manufacturers that they just leave those off from the beginning.

Smiffys Girl's Flashing Headband with Butterfly Wings Marabou and Tinsel (Pink)
Smiffys Girl's Flashing Headband with Butterfly Wings Marabou and Tinsel (Pink)
Offered by Party Party

4.0 out of 5 stars Much nicer than expected, absolutely lovely., 24 Nov. 2012
We purchased this headband for our daughter's 4th birthday party. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and sturdiness. It is really lovely. the LED lights are discreet and lightweight, and it put an angelic glow around her head. They must be comfortable, because she wore them all day long without complaint (a record by miles).

Great Pretenders Glitter Rainbow Wings (Pink/Gold)
Great Pretenders Glitter Rainbow Wings (Pink/Gold)

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely gorgeous fairy wings, 24 Nov. 2012
These have to be the prettiest fairy wings I've ever seen. I bought them for my daughter's 4th birthday - she wanted a fairy princess theme. They are quite big and there are 3 pieces for each wing, so they are lovely and 3-dimensional. She looked stunning at her party.

My only complaint is that the elastic shoulder straps are massive and too thin to properly support the weight of the wings so that they tipped back and one side would fold over so it stuck straight out from her back. I made a few stitches to better hold the floppy wing in position and was able to take up a lot of the excess elastic with knots.

Overall, the prettiest wings I've found, and at a reasonable price, but you may have to make some modifications to the elastic depending on the size of the wearer, so be sure to test them before your event.

Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter
Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter
Offered by Prime Furnishing

5.0 out of 5 stars The light of my daughter's life, 24 Nov. 2012
We bought this for our daughter's 4th birthday last week and it is hands-down her favourite gift. She rides it around the house and insists on taking it everywhere we go. As it's November it is pitch black by mid-afternoon, so the lights really show up and make her highly visible to traffic. Her friends are all jealous, and several adults have commented that they'd love to have one for themselves, too!

As for technical details, it is quite easy to fold and unfold, is nice and compact, and quite hard-wearing. The button to turn on the lights is easy to reach and press, my daughter does it all by herself, and the lights switch off automatically when you fold it.

I'd highly recommend this scooter. Great value for the money.

Ozbozz Girls Flashing Pad Set
Ozbozz Girls Flashing Pad Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made but none of them work!!, 24 Nov. 2012
We got the flashing scooter for our daughter's 4th birthday and as it's November and pitch black half the day, we decided to get the flashing pad set as well. Sadly NONE of them work. Not a single one. The scooter is absolutely brilliant, my daughter adores it, her friends are all jealous, and several adults have commented that they'd like one as well! Unfortunately, even though the pads appear to be of excellent quality, we went to the trouble of removing all of the tiny screws to insert the batteries only to find that NONE of them work. We tried flipping the batteries over, reinserting all of the screws, and still nothing.

What a massive disappointment. My guess is that they've purchased inferior quality, untested batteries to include with the product. These are being returned immediately. I'd recommend not wasting your time with them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3