Profile for Miss Liz > Reviews

Content by Miss Liz
Top Reviewer Ranking: 531

Miss Liz "mogwilover" (West Midlands UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Accu Chek Aviva Plus Test Strips - Box Of 50
Accu Chek Aviva Plus Test Strips - Box Of 50
Offered by Waltham Pharmacy

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT SUITABLE FOR UK AVIVA MACHINES, 4 Aug. 2015
I bought these tests strips from New Hope, with the packing and posting fulfilled by Amazon. I am very angry at what I received, as they were the incorrect strips to be used on UK machines and different from the sales illustration.

Firstly the box is coloured red where the illistration shows the box to be blue and the box design is different.

Secondly the illustration showed a box with Aviva clearly printed under the words "Aviva-Chek" on the box. The ones I received had Aviva Plus printed underneath.

Thirdly and even more dangerous to UK diabetics, once the box was opened the container of strips was coded nos 113 instead of code 111. Why does this matter? all machines provided in the UK are now pre-coded 111, to use the incorrectly coded strips can given incorrect blood sugar results. In the past you received a code chip to insert into the side of the machine, to be changed with each box of strips. There is no code chip with these strips in the red coloured box.

I used Aviva testing fluid to compare the tests from the strips received (code 113) with the strips acquired through my chemist (code 111). The box of strips received from New Hope did not identify a low blood sugar, highly dangerous to a diabetic as driving, operating machinery, even crossing a road is dangerous with inadequate blood sugar levels for the brain to operate correctly.

As the box was opened I cannot return them, but if I can prevent one other person in the UK from buying these incorrectly coded strips it will be worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Womens Ladies Celeb Stretch Panel Scuba Flared Skater Swing Midi Skirt Plus Size
Offered by Fashion Star!

1.0 out of 5 stars I suggest the company be honest about the sizing and avoid bad reviews., 22 July 2015
The sizing on this skirt is absolutely ridiculous.

I ordered a size 20-22 based on the reviews - as I normally take a size 18 in a skirt. On trying the skirt on it was way, way too tight, so I measured the waist band which is made of that very strong thick black elastic that will mark and cause sore areas if too tight. The waist on the size 20-22 I received is 29 inches, the company Be Jealous ought to tell people this instead of having a size chart that clearly demonstrates this should be sold as a size 12-14. I am sorry but I do not feel this company deals fairly with people selling items that are so much below the sizing given by Amazon.

The skirt is a lovely design, the material is good. So why not be honest about the sizing thus avoiding bad reviews??

Naturana Minimiser Bra 5063 44 C brick
Naturana Minimiser Bra 5063 44 C brick

5.0 out of 5 stars A very well made bra, 13 July 2015
I received the 2 bras I ordered within a week and they were packaged securely.

A very well made bra with no rough seams or edges. The material has a lovely sheen which makes it look like satin.

I found the fit to be much more generous than most bras I have bought in UK stores. As the cups are made of a material that stretches to shape in all directions then they can accomodate the problem that many women have - breasts of slightly different sizes. The design gives plenty of support to the heavier bust, I use size 44C and felt very comfortable and secure. The straps are integrated into the design, so they give support to the whole breast. There are no seams in the cups, so it is more like a T shirt bra and could show the shape of the nipple through thin tops.

Even more pleasing to me was the wide range of colours that can be obtained in every size. Again in high street stores, when you get to the larger sizes all you ever find is black or white.

I have now washed these twice at 30 degrees C and they have kept their shape and appearance.

A small niggle, the bra I bought was said to be brick red - I would describe it more as raspberry red with a pink hue.

Yankee Candle Large Jar Cassis
Yankee Candle Large Jar Cassis
Offered by Conochies

5.0 out of 5 stars A strong scent of blackcurrants, just like ribena!, 12 July 2015
Rapid delivery, the candle was securely wrapped in bubble wrap as well as a sturdy box. Excellent service from the seller.

If you like the scent of black, juicy blackcurrants (think ribena) this is the candle for you. As it is one of my favourite scents then I love it, but I appreciate it may not be for everyone. I found it strongly perfumed, even by Yankee Candle standards, and the smell of blackcurrants soon spread around the whole house. Again this may make it unsuitable for those who prefer a more background scent from their candles.

350XL Black & 351XL Colour Remanufactured Ink Cartridges For HP Printers
350XL Black & 351XL Colour Remanufactured Ink Cartridges For HP Printers
Offered by Direct Ink

2.0 out of 5 stars I will not be purchasing any more of these remanufactured cartridges, 12 July 2015
I received good service from the seller, the items were delivered quickly and were securely packaged.

I own an HP C5200 and against advice decided to try remanufactured printer cartridges. I should have listened to the advice, they appeared to be a way to save money but in the end I spent more.

The black HP 350XL cartridge was not accepted by my printer as genuine. As I needed to do some printing in a hurry I had to go out and buy a proper HP 350XL cartridge.
The colour HP 351XL cartridge worked fine during my first use of it, and the second - then it appeared to run out of ink. So within a few days I had to purchase a new colour cartridge

I will not be purchasing any more of these remanufactured cartridges and would not recommend them to others.

35 Litre Plastic Plant Pots (Heavy Duty with handles) Pack of 5 (a415)
35 Litre Plastic Plant Pots (Heavy Duty with handles) Pack of 5 (a415)
Offered by Scot Plants Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to grow courgettes, squash, carrots and beetroot successfully., 28 Jun. 2015
Ordered along with the 50 litre pots, both items delivered together quickly and securely packaged.

I bought these in which to grow carrots, beetroot, courgettes and squash, therefore I cannot comment on any other function. There are drainage holes already placed around the bottom of the pots, however they appeared to be much larger than the ones on the 50 litre pots. This made covering them to prevent soil loss more difficult. In the end I had to buy liners for hanging baskets to achieve my aim. These pots are large enough to supply cougettes and squash with all the soil and moisture they need and I also appear to have a good crop of beetroot and carrots There is also the added benefit of 2 very strong handles to move the pots around if necessary.

I am quite happy with my purchase of these pots.

50 Litre Plastic Plant Pots (Heavy Duty with handles) Pack of 5 (a975)
50 Litre Plastic Plant Pots (Heavy Duty with handles) Pack of 5 (a975)
Offered by Scot Plants Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy items in which I have grown potatoes successfully., 28 Jun. 2015
These pots were delivered within a few days of ordering, securely packaged in a large cardboard box.

Very sturdy items, with drainage holes already in place around the base. The drainage holes are quite large so I used unbleached coffee filter papers to cover them before adding compost. This has prevented soil loss along with water drainage whenever necessary. I presume the pots have many uses, but I ordered them to grow vegetables in so can only comment from this point of view.

I have used mine to grow potatoes, very successfully. Each pot took 5 seed potatoes with ease and the two pots emptied so far have given me a handsome yield. Personally I have been more successful with these than with the potato growing bags and they are so sturdy I believe they will last many years.

I am very happy with my purchase.

Bolsius Aromatic Orange PREMIUM Scented Oil Burner Wax Tealight Candle Tarts Cake Melt
Offered by Giftwarez

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, very disappointing, only 7g in weight., 28 Jun. 2015
Very, very disappointing, the whole item is only 7g in weight as opposed to 28g with Yankee Candle tarts. Si if you break it up into 6 sections each only weighs just over 1g!! I used the whole item in an electric tart burner and it kept the room perfumed for about 30minutes - again Yankee Candle tarts last 8 hours, sometimes more. As the YK tarts usually cost around £1.40 I will stick to those in future. I do not recommend these at all.

Plus Size Womens Jungle Leaf Print Sleeveless Tunic With Side Slits Size 16 Black
Offered by Yours Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit and even more important doesn't require ironing!, 28 Jun. 2015
I very much like this top, the material is light and comfortable and the fit (I am a size 20 in most high street shops) is excellent.

The colours are quite striking, but areas I thought were going to be red actually turned out to be orange. This does not detract from the item, however I feel this may be of significance to some potential buyers. The 13 inch slits up either side of the top allow for freedom of movement, as the top is quite long. I wore it with a pair of black trousers, but for the slim and the bold it would make a short summer dress.

I have washed the top at 40 degrees C with a 800rpm spin then hung it up to dry. It did not need ironing after this treatment, which is always good in my opinion!! The less ironing needed the better.

Touch Of Silver Shampoo, Conditioner & Weekly Treatment
Touch Of Silver Shampoo, Conditioner & Weekly Treatment
Offered by Your247Chemist

5.0 out of 5 stars This really does work when it comes to adding shine and depth to white hair, 25 Jun. 2015
This really does work when it comes to adding shine and depth to white hair. It has given mine a silver colouring which others have noticed and commented upon in a most positive way. Most of all I love the way it has made my hair shine, something I find difficult wit ordinary shampoos and conditioners.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14