Profile for FRW > Reviews

The Long Glasgow Kiss: A Lennox Thriller
The Long Glasgow Kiss: A Lennox Thriller
by Craig Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storytelling, 30 Jun. 2015
Another great read; I could hear the Glaswegian humour throughout! Highly recommended.

Lennox
Lennox
by Craig Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely cracking, 22 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Lennox (Paperback)
Read this book in two days; absolutely cracking read. Will be reading more "Lennox" books

Christian Belief for Everyone: Faith and Creeds (Christian Belief/Everyone 1)
Christian Belief for Everyone: Faith and Creeds (Christian Belief/Everyone 1)
by Alister McGrath

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 20 Jun. 2015
Very well written, highly informative; read it in half a day. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning more about the Chrustian faith, whatever your personal beliefs are.

2015 Portable suitcase design Travel camping Kit Storage Cosmetic Bag Picnic Sorting Hanging Wash Bag Make Up Organizer Case (Gray)

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 9 Jan. 2015
Very poor quality. Comes from China - which is not made clear. Not worth £5, never mind £18.50. Complete rip off.

Ultimate 22 Degree Orthopaedic Coccyx Wedge 43x43x10cm (17x17x4 inches) From ExtraComfort. BRANDNEW ON THE UK MARKET

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 29 Jan. 2014
Arrived late; company blamed it on Royal Mail (sure, I believe you). Quality wasn't good, didn't do what it was supposed to do, very uncomfortable, couldn't sit on it. Chose to return it, obviously; company didn't even pay for the postage even though it took over a week to arrive. Don't waste your money; this product, in my opinion, will not work.

SEO Made Simple (second edition): Search Engine Optimization Strategies For Dominating The World's Largest Search Engine

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a beginner, 20 Jan. 2013
I've not read the whole book yet, hence only four stars just now, but having read a fair but in this book is fantastic: the best book on SEOUL that I have read. I've set up my own website and know how important SEOUL is and getting it right. I've read quite a few books, which either don't go 'deep' enough, or have too much 'techno' speak for someone without that kind of expertise. So far this book has gone through specific areas of SEO very simply and told me what I need to do to have a high ranking website.

I shall be reading the rest of the book, applying the advice given and hopefully I'll get a bit more traffic than I do currently.

Create a High Ranking Website - The Foolproof Way)
Create a High Ranking Website - The Foolproof Way)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very annoyed, 19 Jan. 2013
I purchased this, at its VERY expensive price of almost £19: wish I hadn't bothered. I was hoping for some useful information, instead I got only a few pages, none of which helped me in the slightest. Either there is something wrong with the copy that was downloaded, or this book is a rip off.

Save yourself £19 and buy a book that actually goes into detail on the subject.

Poppy Day
Poppy Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 4 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Poppy Day (Kindle Edition)
Very real (which I suppose might scare some readers) but just a brilliant read - according to my ex-squaddie husband. I haven't had the chance to read it yet because he got his hands on it, and read it in record time. So it must be good! I've now started reading it and I can't put it down - although I would say it's not for the faint hearted... it's clearly written by someone who understands what it's like to be a military wife. So please read it.

Birthwise Antenatal DVD
Birthwise Antenatal DVD
Offered by Birthwisedvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Antinatal DVD, 24 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Birthwise Antenatal DVD (DVD)
Having not been able to get antinatal classes in my area, I opted to order this DVD in the hope that it might give me a bit of an insight into what to expect on 'the big day'. I was not disappointed. Although the item arrived late from the vendor (I was given a 50% refund on postage charges), once I sat down to watch the DVD I found it hugely informative. I had a number of concerns regarding labour and birth, which my own midwife had not been very reassuring about. All of those concerns were raised on this DVD and my fears have been lifted. Caroline Flint doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to how informative she is. She goes into detail about positions in labour and explains how different positions have an effect on the pelvic bones, which in turn will effect how difficult birth might be. She details when to go to hospital, how you might know you're actually in labour, the effects of different pain relief and how to help yourself with pain relief. I found this DVD much more helpful than anything my midwife has told me. If, like me, your midwife has hardly given you any information and has assumed you will do everything for yourself - you need this DVD!

Although I haven't gone through the whole of the second DVD, it looks very promising too. Biggest advantage is, unlike with antinatal classes, you can go over specific bits of the DVD as many times as you like.

I would recommend to anyone looking for antinatal advice.