Profile for tramwaymandb > Reviews

Content by tramwaymandb

tramwaymandb

Hoover PurePower PU2111 Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 2100 Watt (Free Bags for 1 Year* Based on 1 Year's Average Use)

4.0 out of 5 stars Its not like my old one, 16 Aug. 2011
I thought long and hard about a replacement for my 30 year old Hoover before deciding on this one. The reviews were so different that they did not really help. In the end I decided to stick with Hoover and having read the manufacturer's product specs, to go for the PurePower PU2111. I have not been disappointed.
Yes- as previous reviewers have noted, the plastic the body is made from is not as rigid as on my old model; yes- it is heavy but so was my old one although perhaps the balance was different and it did not feel as heavy as my new one. I soon found that the best way to carry it was to point the machine backwards, lift by the carrying handle and let it find its own balance. The tools are good, especially the extendable hose which really does reach up the complete flight of stairs once you position the machine pproperly.Lastly - the noise! My old Hoover had that unique deep Hoover howl but this one has a different sound at a higher pitch so its difficult to say if it is louder.

All this is really irrelevant when I consider what I bought it to do. Suffice to say, it sucks the varnish off wooden floors and unravels carpets. Dust doesn't stand a chance.So, I'm very happy with my new Hoover - even though - its not like my old one.

La Mer
La Mer

5.0 out of 5 stars Trenet entertains, 31 Oct. 2010
This review is from: La Mer (Audio CD)
This was my first venture into French Cafe singing and now I'm hooked. Bang it on as background music or sit with a coffee and just listen, and feel yourself relax. Like many others who watched "Mr Beans Holiday", I too was captured by "La Mer" and this CD allows it to be played over and over and over, again. I recomend it to everyboody.