ARRAY(0xb4beccf0)

Profile for Mr. James Huegett > Reviews

Content by Mr. James Huegett

Mr. James Huegett "Norfolk_Jim" (Norfolk, UK)

The Cross-centered Life (Lifechange Books)
The Cross-centered Life (Lifechange Books)
by C. J. Mahaney
Price: 6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant author but a high price, 27 July 2003
Be aware that this is a very little book! I was mortified when I recieved my copy considering the price and the postage, it can hardly weigh 100g and has only 70 odd pages. Now that the bad news is out of the way, those pages are packed with a superb message put forward with the quality and passion you would expect from C.J.Mahaney. Impacting stories and examples are used to good effect to impart the message that the rich and full Christian life is a Cross centred life. I will gladly buy copies as gifts for burnt out friends but hopefully in bulk so I wont get stung by the postage. Why not combine it with another order that gets you free postage. A quality, if brief read

No Well-worn Paths
No Well-worn Paths
by Terry Virgo

5.0 out of 5 stars No typical autobiography, 2 Dec 2001
This review is from: No Well-worn Paths (Paperback)
Terry succeeds magnificently in presenting not only his own history but also that of the Charismatic renewal and New Frontiers International, the stream of churches most closely associated with the author. I was initialy reluctant to even read this book, autobiographies being of little interest to me, but so many friends were hungrily devouring the pages that I eventualy caved in and bought a copy. I'm glad I did, it has been tremendously valuable to me and not at all autobiographical in any negative sense. As someone who turned to Christ inside the past decade it has been eye opening to catch the whole history of this significant teacher and minister in the apostolic vein. He has placed his own story in the midst of the bigger picture and it has been inspirational to read who and how various "streams" and names have tied in together to form the richer tapestry. In doing so Terry has provided a very readable book that will prove informative to all who have any interest in what has been happening (primarily but not only) in the church in the UK. I wholeheartedly recommend it to Christians of all persuasions, charismatic and non charismatic, since a better understanding of our roots and those things that have shaped who we are can hopefully help to overcome misunderstanding and inspire unity in diversity.

Complete Nutrition: How to Live in Total Health
Complete Nutrition: How to Live in Total Health
by Michael Sharon

5.0 out of 5 stars A great help for everyone starting to think about their diet, 26 Mar 2000
I borrowed this book from the library and having read it decided I had to have a copy on hand. It is packed full of information in an interesting, accessable way. Dr Sharon writes in a motivational way without ever getting pushy. I learned a lot about nutrition and what effect it and the lack of it has on our bodies. Our whole lifestyle is covered because lifestyle affects nutrition. I was glad the book didn't push vegetarianism down my throat but I wasn't so keen on just a couple of references to things like Silva mind control. One gets the impression that Dr Michael is genuinly out to do his readers a lot of good. I've been motivated to change my diet as a result of this book and I'm feeling good, how much better a recommendation can I give it. Excellent.