Profile for SparklingBlue > Reviews

Content by SparklingBlue

SparklingBlue (Eastbourne, East Sussex United Kingdom)

The Hotpants Workout [VHS]
The Hotpants Workout [VHS]
VHS
Offered by pkeylock

4.0 out of 5 stars Great workout - but watch the knees!!, 12 Aug. 2003
This is a great workout and fun!! I have done tapes at home for years and this has become one of my favourites. I have found over the years that tapes fall in to three types of workout (for the make you sweat variety), the dancey, the trad aerobic and the fight/fit circuit type. I prefer the first two and so this is great for me. If you're a fan of the last then this won't be for you.
Great music and good instruction, with reminders to keep form and keep going. It doesn't feel like ard work but is effective cos it's effectively interval work.
The only thing I'd criticise are some of the swivel movements. These should not be done on a carpet as really bad for your knees!!! I just hop instead, but there should be a warning about this for those not used to execise videos and exercising at home.
Otherwise I enjoy this workout.

Fish!: A remarkable way to boost morale and improve results
Fish!: A remarkable way to boost morale and improve results
by Stephen C. Lundin

5.0 out of 5 stars a great little business energiser!, 7 Nov. 2002
This is a great little book that took me only an hour to read. Following in the mould of the likes of 'one minute manager' it is accessible and concentrates on a limited and manageble set of ideas about how to put more energy in to the workplace. The 'story' can seem a bit 'American cheesy' at times, but it is useful to illustrate the practical application in a realistic way. This is not just a 'what you should do is....' book, but a realistic illustration of how the ideas could work in any workplace doing any kind of work, and at any level in a company!! I also enjoyed reading it - it made me smile. I felt more energised about my approach to my work, and anything that can do that has got to be worth an hour of my time. The book contains 3 simple ideas and illustrates how to apply them.