Profile for rudimentary mary > Reviews

Content by rudimentary mary

rudimentary mary (York, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Royal Blood
Royal Blood

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Blood rock HARD, 31 Oct 2014
This review is from: Royal Blood (Audio CD)
Awesome. That is all. Buy it, you won't regret it.

Official Benedict Cumberbatch 2015 Wall Calendar (Calendar 2015)
Official Benedict Cumberbatch 2015 Wall Calendar (Calendar 2015)
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 months of YUM, 31 Oct 2014
What's not to love?! a picture of his fine self for every month of next year? Don't mind if I do :)

The Messenger
The Messenger

5.0 out of 5 stars 'The Messenger' delivers :), 4 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Messenger (Audio CD)
Great first album from Mr Marr (even if I feel his voice is over produced on it). Bought on the back of my 10 year old daughter falling for his guitar playing genius at Camp Bestival 2014. Gorgeous guitar licks (natch) and some catchy tunes - especially "Generate! Generate!" and the beautiful 'New Town Velocity'. Very much looking forward to his second offering, 'Playland'.

Some Hope
Some Hope
by Edward St. Aubyn

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Hope - it just gets better, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Some Hope (Paperback)
I started reading the Patrick Melrose novels after consuming a certain Mr Cumberbatch's Reddit AMA - within which he expressed a desire to play the part of Patrick Melrose. Turns out he's a pretty good person to take book recommendations from :)

The Melrose family - like most note worthy clans - are pretty bloomin' dysfunctional, but that makes for both entertaining and provoking perusal. The examination of mortality and its effect on people is beautifully deal with within 'Some Hope', yet St Aubyn manages to make this thorny subject digestible (and as always, darkly humorous).

I can't speak highly enough of this tome - nor of the two preceding it. Very much looking forward to 'At Last' and finding out how the story comes to an end.

Never Mind (The Patrick Melrose Novels)
Never Mind (The Patrick Melrose Novels)
by Edward St. Aubyn

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear. Something else I am now addicted to..., 6 Mar 2014
Very readable from the first paragraph. Well written, darkly humorous (with the emphasis on darkly), I read most of this on a journey to/from London (approx. 5 hours)

I have to say, I do love to read about dysfunctional families (they make mine look 'normal') and I'm aware some folk find that sort of thing too close to home. But if you take pleasure in watching things fall apart from the sidelines and enjoy British idiosycrasies, please give 'Never Mind' a go. I'm looking forward to tucking into the next in the series very much indeed.

Single, Taken, Sherlocked Women's T-Shirt - Various Colours Available - Black, Medium
Offered by My Pet Frog

5.0 out of 5 stars What an awesome new t-shirt I have!, 6 Mar 2014
These guys are ridiculously prompt - I only placed my order yesterday!
Really good fit, lovely clear print and the quality of the cotton the t-shirt is made from is very good indeed.

I have no idea how this item could be bettered...if I could give it 6 stars I would :)

Parade's End [DVD]
Parade's End [DVD]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for any Cumberbitch (no apologies for the term), 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Parade's End [DVD] (DVD)
Such an awesome mini series, I had to own a copy. Fabulous work from one of the finest playwrights of our age, Tom Stoppard, with an outstanding cast (topped off by himself).

A fabulous examination of class and relationships at the turn of the 20th Century, with some amazing sets and the most gut wrenching plot lines. I am chuffed to bits that I can watch this again and again and again :)

N.B. Is there another mouth EVER that betrayed emotion in the way that Benedict's does? Nope. Didn't think so ;)

If You Leave
If You Leave

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Leave, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: If You Leave (Audio CD)
Beautiful, ethereal electronic sounds. Not a bad song on here, and my 10 year old daughter approves too. An awesome break up album.

Aqua Rapidguard Socks Small
Aqua Rapidguard Socks Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Swim socks, 23 Mar 2013
Bought for my 9 year old daughter - she was due to take part in a block of school swimming lessons, but had a verruca & I didn't want her to pass that delight on to any of her class mates.
The socks arrived quickly and she found it easy to get them on & off. My only gripe is that washing them out after use is a bit of a pain; but it's a small gripe. Well worth the money paid.

Our Friends In The North BBC [DVD] [1996]
Our Friends In The North BBC [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Christopher Eccleston

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Friends...best TV drama in my lifetime, 9 Feb 2013
I must have watched this series 15 or 20 times beginning to end (I ordered the DVD to replace my worn out VHS version!)
It has it all; relationships, politics, how we change as we grow older (or don't, as the case may be), sleaze, corruption...I could go on. Excellent production, marvelous cast & set in the Toon. Love it, love it, LOVE IT.

Page: 1 | 2