Profile for Mike Redwood > Reviews

Glen Haven
by Margaret L. Lauder
Price: 11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia on a Scottish Estate, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Glen Haven (Paperback)
Excellent for easy holiday reading as we spend time with the extended Logan family in and around their Logan Castle estate in the Highlands of Scotland. Fortunately great wealth from his successful art business means Marcus Logan can afford to run it in the old style giving a great feeling of country living nostalgia. Two themes haunt the conversations: why is daughter Victoria staying away and what are Barbara's real feeling about being forced to choose between her singing career and staying home to bring up her children?

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly, 7 Dec 2013
This works to charge my phone in the car when I am using it for driving directions. It works perfectly for this. Service was prompt and efficient

The Largest Tanyard in the Kingdom: Three Centuries of the Tanning Industry in Wantage
by John Parrott

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased to get this, 7 Dec 2013
A recommendation from a colleague, this book was difficult to find and I hit many dead ends. Very pleased to receive it.

iPad 3 Black Stylus Pen - For The New iPad 3
iPad 3 Black Stylus Pen - For The New iPad 3
Offered by Cut Price Accessories
Price: 1.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick, excellent delivery, 30 Aug 2013
These low costs Stylus were a repeat purchase for me after the pocket "pen" clip broke off my original. I bought three because I was so pleased but so far I am finding the rubber on the new 3 is not as sensitive as the original. Hopefully with use they will get better but I can only wait so long. I keep reverting to the original despite the difficulty of carrying it without a clip.

London Guilds and Liveries (Discovering Books)
London Guilds and Liveries (Discovering Books)
by John Kennedy Melling
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick Delivery and book is excellent, 30 Aug 2013
I was very pleased with this book and the quick service that got it to me. These slim volumes are very well written and informative.

All Eyes East: Lessons from the Front Lines of Marketing to China's Youth
All Eyes East: Lessons from the Front Lines of Marketing to China's Youth
Price: 17.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Perceptive and well researched, 18 July 2013
If you are interested in getting below the headlines about the Chinese consumer then you need to read this book. Mary has dug deep to learn more about Chinese youth than anyone else and explain it in an easy and clear way. It is like a guide book to a new reality.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent low cost charger, 18 July 2013
I've bought four of these in two deliveries. They are cheap, so small their perfectly portable and allow me to keep using my alarm clock radio dock for o/n charging. Use with both iPad mini and iPhone 5. Be careful, though, as they are fragile and it is easy to dislodge the little end.

8 Mandates for Social Media Marketing Success: Insights and Success Stories from 154 of the World's Most Innovative Marketing Practitioners, Authors, and Professors
by Kent Huffman
Price: 9.54

5.0 out of 5 stars The route map for Social Media Marketing, 29 Oct 2012
You know you are on to something when you look at the contents page of this excellent little book on Social Media Marketing. Social Media is new, its complex, its time consuming and its evolving very rapidly. With 8 Key "mandates" Kent Huffman brings it neatly together. Since The Cluetrain Manifesto at the end of the last century told us that markets were now conversations every year we have seen a raft on new approaches all reinforcing the fact that we cannot talk to customers as we were taught to do in the 70s, 80s and even the 90s. Cleverly constructed Kent Huffman shows us what are the underlying concepts going on in this new world and how to handle them. With a quite amazing blend of insights and and case studies we can understand how Social Media has become integrated in modern society and how to handle it as professional marketers. If you have any interest in Social Media this is the book to start with.

Seducing the Subconscious: The Psychology of Emotional Influence in Advertising
Seducing the Subconscious: The Psychology of Emotional Influence in Advertising
by Robert Heath
Price: 18.89

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth about Advertising, 13 Jun 2012
It is always surprising how many of the tools of marketing are many decades old despite huge changes in consumption, disposable income and communications. Advertising should be ahead of the game yet its most taught AIDA model goes back to the 19th century. Thank goodness we now have Robert Heath to bring some reality to our understanding of how advertising works. By the end of this book it all seems quite logical and it is hard to understand why we had not got there a long time ago. Yet it does not make any the less shocking. If you are involved in marketing you need to read this book.