Profile for E. Hoyle > Reviews

E. Hoyle

Logitech Ultra-Flat Keyboard
Logitech Ultra-Flat Keyboard

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quiet, 17 May 2009
I bought one of these a few weeks ago as I wanted a quiet, laptop-like keyboard. If that's what you're after, DON'T get this. I was stupid enough to think that some reviews I'd read about its noise must be wrong as Logitech states in their description that it's a "low profile" keyboard. That it may be, but one thing it is NOT is quiet. I can't emphasise that enough. If you're used to a laptop keyboard, this will get on your nerves within 5 seconds with its clattering keys.

Some other cons: If you're a touch-typer, this one isn't for you, since the home keys have a pathetically sized marker which means you have to keep looking down to find them.
Also, the markings on the keys themselves are more of a grey-white, so not very visible, especially when the day starts getting dark.

I immediately sent mine back and bought a Logitech UltraX Premium keyboard - if a quiet laptop-like keyboard is what you're looking for, you'd do better getting one of those for just a few quid more than this. A few weeks in, the Ultra-flat isn't a patch on it - the UltraX Premium is perfectly quiet like a laptop, bright white keys and great for touch typing, with adequate markers.

Sadly, it looks as though Logitech are replacing their economy-line UltraX Premium keyboard with this noisy, un-user-friendly one. If so, get one while you still can!

As for me, I won't be dismissing buyer reviews so readily in future.