Profile for Dee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Angry Birds Epic
Angry Birds Epic

2.0 out of 5 stars crashes on my kindle fire hd, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: Angry Birds Epic (App)
I really enjoy playing this game on my android phone, but the version on my tablet crashes too frequently. I gave it 2 stars just because it happens less often then it did before.

Mayhem
Mayhem

3.0 out of 5 stars Got better as it went on, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mayhem (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book on a whim and out of boredom. To start with, I found it a bit cliched and disjointed and was going to stop reading, but when the story got into full swing, it was really engaging. Not really a game changer, but a good read.

Wonder
Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Just really lovely, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Wonder (Kindle Edition)
I had never heard of this book, and just gave it a go because I was bored. I got into it from the moment I started.
It has a lot of heart and though, being English, Middle school isn't something that I had to go through , it was easy to identify with the characters. I'm not sure which age range this book is best for as I think that it is layered in a way that there are moments that will resonate differently for different age groups.

The Kindle text-to-speak would stop quite often for no reason, and also just skipped chapter and part headings.

I am very glad that I bought this book: Auggie is, indeed, a wonder.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: A Novel
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: A Novel

1.0 out of 5 stars Just awful, 7 May 2014
I can't believe I made it to the end of this. It is pretentious, annoying, at times confusing, and just really difficult to engage with. I'm now a bit hesitant about reading Everything is Illuminated -which I have wanted to read for ages - because I disliked this so much.

Guess the Game Quiz
Guess the Game Quiz

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Guess the Game Quiz (App)
Played this with the family and it kept everybody entertained for a while, but got hard a bit quickly and we just got stuck.

Moon Over Soho (PC Peter Grant Book 2)
Moon Over Soho (PC Peter Grant Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable series, 11 April 2014
I was recommended these books by a friend and figured I'd have a go at one on my week off: four days in, and I have just finished this second instalment. The actual writing is better and the whole thing feels a bit neater and practised.

Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book 1)
Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 8 April 2014
I was recommended this book by a friend who shares my love of Neil Gaiman and thought that this would be up my street. Don't get me wrong, this book falls well short of classic Gaiman - sometimes the Londonisms are a bit forced and hokey - but was enjoyable enough that I whizzed through it. Though hid prose isn't always brilliant, it is believable that the author cut his teeth screenwriting as the dialogue often sparkles in way that is often missing from books.
The run up to the end is a bit messy, and there could definitely be some more character development, but I had too much fun to give it a lower rating. I will read more of this series

Duronic [WHITE] VC6 /W MAX 800W Bagless Upright Handheld Stick Vac Vacuum Cleaner - includes Floor Head & Crevice Tool - Convert from Upright to Hand Held in Seconds!
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and light., 24 Mar 2014
I have MS and now just struggle to use our heavy, drag-along vacuum. I tried a really light electric sweeper and, though it was brilliant for a while, it just died after a few months. I was a bit hesitant to get a mains powered vacuum again, but this one is really light and powerful: just perfect for me. I live in a house share, so this is just for cleaning my own bedroom, but the cord may be a bit short for whole-house cleaning.
It's easy to put together, doesn't take up much space and it just generally pretty nifty. I might get one for my mum.

500ml Avocado Virgin Oil
500ml Avocado Virgin Oil
Offered by Naissance

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to, 24 Mar 2014
There isn't really much to say about the oil itself as it's is just what I was after. I use it in the oatmeal face-packs that I make for my face -fresh avocado discolours too quickly and I tend to make batches big enough to last the week - and it keeps the dry patches on my cheeks in check. If there is anything to review, it's that I don't hesitate when it comes to this brand, and I have a fair bit of trust in the quality of their products. I have bought a few different oils of this make, and they are all good quality and well priced.

Skin Doctors Powerbrasion Intensive Micro-Dermabrasion Crystals 50 ml
Skin Doctors Powerbrasion Intensive Micro-Dermabrasion Crystals 50 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Noticed the difference straight away., 24 Mar 2014
I'm pretty used to having to use a product for a week or two before noticing - or imagining - any beneficial effects: this product is different. I'm pretty cheap, so it isn't often that I try a product that costs more than a few pounds, but this one was included in the Skin Doctors home mico-dermabrasion kit. My expectations were not high, so I almost couldn't believe just how soft my skin felt after I used this product. It can get a bit messy, but the difference is immediate. I used it just twice a week to boost my normal skincare routine, and the jar lasted a three months. I am now two months into my second jar and it is still at least half full.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3