Profile for CyberNik > Reviews

Content by CyberNik

CyberNik (Athens, Greece)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Am-Tech Wax Carving Set (6 Pieces)
Am-Tech Wax Carving Set (6 Pieces)

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, avoid.., 3 Feb 2013
Should have thought about it considering the low price, these are low quality. Almost every piece has some sort of deformity in their ends and some degree of oxidation. If you want to do precision sculpting these are definitely not the appropriate tools. I needed some extra tools for my polymer clay sculpting, but these are far from perfect for this kind of work. They do look sturdy though ,so I guess they may be of some use to me for another job ...
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, 13 Nov 2012
Good quality marabu feathers and thankfully not very beaten up. Only 3 or 4 out of 30 were broken,but that's something not bad,at least for me, since I use pieces of them anyway. Marabu feathers are extremely versatile in numerous crafts and these will make a nice addition to your stash!

Faemaker: Making Fantasy Characters in Polymer Clay
Faemaker: Making Fantasy Characters in Polymer Clay
by Dawn Schiller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect.., 13 Nov 2012
I was always excited about fantasy characters and so I decided to give this book a try. Overall I'm happy with it and managed to create some funny looking trolls, though there are some points that bothered me :
-the instructions are somewhat confusing, you have to refer to different parts of the book every time you want to create a character, going back and forth.
-the book begins with chapters about each body part ("Let's make a..."), but the chapter about the head ommits the fact that you have to place a wire in the head,upon which you'll have to build the aluminum foil core.. I had to use my Dremel after the head was baked to insert the wire (along with some PVC cement to fix it.
-The characters have only the head and their extremities out of polymer clay, the rest is wire armature and batting. When you sell a book named "FaeMaker, Making Fantasy Characters in Polymer Clay)someone might expect that these characters would also have a body out of polymer clay,not just bits connected with wire.To my opinion the title is a tad misleading.
Nevertheless, you'll find many ideas in the book and something to excite your imagination. The creation of characters is relatively quick (and easy) so you'll soon be in the process of creating a whole army of goblins, witches ,trolls and fairies (even dragons!). Have fun!

Creating Lifelike Figures in Polymer Clay
Creating Lifelike Figures in Polymer Clay
by Katherine Dewey

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with this one, 4 Nov 2012
An excellent book on polymer clay, as it covers almost all aspects of creating a lifelike figure, from measuring the clay to adding the final touches. Lots of pictures and step by step instructions, the author guides you all the way to completing your figure, leaving nothing obscure or unanswered.I already tried a couple of figures (don't count the first one as it didn't even resemble a human...) and (I think) I'm starting to improve (I can at least pinpoint my mistakes). My worst nightmare is when I have to blend the seams after I add a piece of clay ,where I find it difficult to do this and at the same time avoid distorting the work already done(particularly around the face, where everything is just tiny ). I guess here comes practice and experience.
A complete book on its subject, you'll be glad you got this one. Have fun !
Comment Comment | Permalink

Standard Edition - Dead Island - Game of the Year (PC DVD)
Standard Edition - Dead Island - Game of the Year (PC DVD)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Zombie apocalypse, 8 Sep 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Having played triple digit hours on L4D and L4D 2 I decided to give this a try. Well it took me a while to get used to the different gameplay and style (even a single zombie could lead to your doom) but after a while I kinda got used to it. And here comes the game's biggest flaw. As you progress through the game you get to see the same type of zombies over and over again but now they are harder to kill. Well, after a couple of hours this tends to be tiring.And boring. Also some quests are ridiculously difficult and force you to drive (or walk)through the same paths over and over again, and each time they are filled with zombies, no matter if you've killed them in a previous quest. Multiplayer makes this less annoying , as you focus in co-ordinating with other players/friends.
Graphics are stunning and gameplay is quite fluid, so no problem there.
If you are a fan of zombie games, you can give it a try.

Clonex 50ml Liquid
Clonex 50ml Liquid
Offered by The Ventilation Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory results, 8 Sep 2012
Does what it says on the tin, just have to follow the enclosed instructions very carefully. I've had a couple of failures at first but I think that was my mistake(too much water and moisture ).
Two vital points:
1)use it IMMEDIATELY after you acquire your cutting.
2)Cuttings need humidity to start rooting but too much water, warmth and stagnant air will lead to rot.

Of course don't expect this to be a miracle product. But it does make a difference in that roots appear more vigorous and quite faster than by not using it.
Have fun and good luck in your gardening ventures!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2012 10:44 AM BST

50 Seed and Cutting Pellets Blister Pack
50 Seed and Cutting Pellets Blister Pack
Offered by eTree uk ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Time and frustration saver!, 5 Sep 2012
I can't believe I haven't tried these before. No more soil mess or trying to untangle roots from seedlings. Absolutely fabulous!

Sankey 38 cm Growarm 100 Propagator Kit
Sankey 38 cm Growarm 100 Propagator Kit
Offered by Severn DIY

4.0 out of 5 stars A greenhouse in your room!, 5 Sep 2012
An excellent choice to help you kickstart with seeds or cuttings, providing the necessary warm and humid enviroment that can boost growth and accelerate the sprouting of seeds. Not too big and yet not too small, with enough cable length to place it wherever you want . The small adjustable opening on top lets you regulate the humidity ,since you don't want to create a swamp inside your propagator.

My only complaints are mainly these 2 :
1)No on /off switch,you have to keep plugging/unplugging or use a timer plug, or a remote plug.
2)No thermostat, which means that if you are not carefull you could damage the seeds or cuttings from excess heat (it can very easily exceed 30 degrees in some cases-especially if you keep the ventilator closed and don't use the damp matting). My advice: experiment a little bit before you actually put anything in it, by placing a thermometer inside, to get an idea of the temperature range, under different conditions(daylight, ventilator open/closed, damp matting e.t.c.)

For its price, I'd say go for it!

Garnier Pure Oil Control Brusher 150ml
Garnier Pure Oil Control Brusher 150ml
Offered by musk beauty shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for oily skin!, 27 Aug 2012
I tried this product for the first time a couple of weeks ago and the results are totally stunning. Bye bye oily skin and shine, my face is now crystal clear. I use it in conjunction with another exfoliating brusher from Garnier, and my skin looks matt and fresh like never before. The brusher is not too hard on your skin , so as to irritate it. Highly recommended!

Garnier Pure Active Exfo-Brusher Wash 150ml
Garnier Pure Active Exfo-Brusher Wash 150ml
Offered by musk beauty shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results!, 27 Aug 2012
I have oily (and sensitive) skin and this product totally cleared and mattified my skin, without drying it out. My skin is now clear , with no shine whatsoever and ultrasoft to touch. The brush is gentle to the skin and will not irritate it, but gently exfoliate it,with the help of the salicylic acid.
My only complaint:
The solution is quite watery and the application method is a bit tricky, so as not to pour some over the sink or splash it in your eyes.The best way that I've found is to squeeze the bottle gently and at the same time rotate the whole bottle with my hand so that the solution will cover the brusher .
Overall I'm very pleased with this product and already made it a part of my everyday face cleaning routine!

P.S.:avoid getting this stuff in your eyes or over your lips!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7