Profile for Pigkate > Reviews

Pigkate "pigkate"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Samsung Wallet Flip Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Indigo Blue
Samsung Wallet Flip Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Indigo Blue
Offered by Handyparadise UK (Tax included)

5.0 out of 5 stars Protects Your Phone and Looks Great, 23 Jun 2014
I had an original Galaxy Note and the accompanying flipcase, which was brilliant and kept the phone in perfect condition. I decided to choose a darker colour this time because the last one became rather marked where you open the case. The quality of this case is excellent (better than the old one), although I would never have paid full price for it and I'm not sure how they could ever justify having charged so much. I love that the screen turns on when you open the case and it makes the device look very smart and neat. My one niggle is that the old one had a back that was essentially a replacement for the original back that was sold with the device and so it fitted flush - this doesn't and so does make the device a little bigger (it does still snap directly on to the back but there is an edge that goes all around and padding). A couple of advantages to this 'padding' is that the camera on the back no longer protrudes (this is an annoying feature when the original back is used) and it also feels like the phone is more protected. I would definitely recommend this case to anyone with a Note 3.

Moomin and the Little Ghost
Moomin and the Little Ghost
by Tove Jansson

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 10 Jun 2014
I've been really looking forward to introducing my son to the Moomin books but I thought I'd have to wait a couple of years yet (he's four now). I was delighted to discover these versions with gorgeous illustrations and simplified stories for the younger listener. The Moomin books tackle tricky subject matter (loss, fear, loneliness, alienation, death, the afterlife, change etc.) and deal with it in a charming, delightful and completely non-patronising way that I think children can really relate to. My son thinks about these things a lot and asks a lot of questions, so it's nice that he has a friendly character to help guide him through his moments of existential angst. We've just bought The New Friend and will be getting the other three books in the series (I hope they publish more!). I would recommend these Moomin books to any parent of children aged 3 and up, especially if they have a child who is anxious (like Moomintroll) or afraid of 'things that go bump in the night'.

Crocs Unisex-Child Baya Sandals Sea Blue 8/9 UK
Crocs Unisex-Child Baya Sandals Sea Blue 8/9 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Between Sizes Again, 10 April 2014
Why, oh why won't Crocs just do individual sizes? My son has fallen right between two sizes with Crocs before and it's so frustrating because they are the best summer shoes ever. So, I've been forced to buy cheaper ones in the correct size until his feet grow, at which point I'll buy some in size 10/11. That's the only negative thing I have to say about the brand - the shoes are brilliant.

Crocs  Kids' Kids' Baya Lined Mule and Clog Sandal Espresso/Khaki 11745-22Y-120 10/11 UK Child
Crocs Kids' Kids' Baya Lined Mule and Clog Sandal Espresso/Khaki 11745-22Y-120 10/11 UK Child

4.0 out of 5 stars We Love Crocs, 27 Mar 2014
We've bought crocs for my son since he was two and they really are the best shoes for small children - there are no seems to rub, they can put them on and take them off themselves, they can be worn as slippers or or outside shoes, they can be washed really easily and we've not yet had a pair that have had anything wrong with them. My son is a size 9 wide fit but we bought the 10/11 owing to the comments here which suggested going larger - I would say that they are still on the large side but he seems to be getting on with them ok. There are a couple of reasons these don't get five stars: they don't come in individual sizes (I think he'd be much better off in a straight size 10) and when they're on the big side they are hard to run around in. However, Crocs are brilliant and I'm hoping we can get some non-fury ones for the warmer months in the smaller size and then these should fit perfectly by the end of the Summer.

Orchard Toys Giant Road Jigsaw
Orchard Toys Giant Road Jigsaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good idea, 17 Mar 2014
I bought this for my four year old while he had to be off nursery with chicken pox and he loves it. We did the first one together from the larger picture on the box but it took him no time at all to start creating his own layouts. He's been busy as anything designing and redesigning ever since. I'm going to get another couple so that he can make them bigger and more complex. I wish I'd come across this sooner, as he's been mad about his train set for years and this has the same building and engineering focus. I would recommend this to anyone with a child who likes to build and play with wheeled things.

Brainstorm Toys Animal Torch and Projector
Brainstorm Toys Animal Torch and Projector

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Idea, 17 Mar 2014
We wanted our four year old son to have a little torch on his bedside table to keep him feeling safe and able to be independent at night (going to the loo etc.). I spotted these on Amazon and thought they seemed like such a fun idea. He got this in his Christmas stocking and was absolutely delighted. It a very good quality little set and the little picture disks are a lot of fun - they can be tricky to insert but they soon get the hang of it. It's a bit more fun than a normal torch and I would recommend it.

Kids BRITWEAR® Thermal Winter Warm Underwear Set Long John Bottom and Long Sleeve Top Size:Age 3-5 Years (Unisex Boy Girl Children) Colour:Charcoal Grey
Offered by Britwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanastic Value, 17 Mar 2014
My son had to have thermals for nursery because they spend a lot of time outside in all weathers. We were advised to buy Merino but they are so expensive, especially for children who grow out of everything in a trice. I plumped for these as an experiment because they're very similar to thermals I've had for years and love. I was delighted: they are soft, nicely fitted and my son was instantly happy wearing them. They have washed and worn very well and I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again when he grows out of these.

Crocs Kids' Handle  It Yellow Classic Rain Boot 12803-730-123 11 UK Child, 28/29 EU, 11 US
Crocs Kids' Handle It Yellow Classic Rain Boot 12803-730-123 11 UK Child, 28/29 EU, 11 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These Boots, 17 Mar 2014
Now that my son is older and not outgrowing his shoes every five minutes, I felt it was worth spending a bit more on good wellies as he wears them so often (almost every day). I liked the look of these because they are molded with no seems and the handles make them really easy to put on. He has always had the Crocs sandles and won't wear anything else during the Summer because they're so comfortable, so I was confident about the wellies being a hit. I love the range of colours Crocs do and my son chose these bright and happy yellow ones which get lots of smiles and friendly comments when we're out and about. He's a size 9 wide fit and I got an 11 because I wanted to be able to get thick welly socks inside them. They seem to fit perfectly comfortably whether he has the socks on or not, so they are definitely a success. Unless anything goes drastically wrong and I change my mind, I can see us buying Crocs wellies again the future.

Hunter Kids Patterned Welly Unisex Adult Socks Camouflage Green X-Small
Hunter Kids Patterned Welly Unisex Adult Socks Camouflage Green X-Small
Offered by Mike Davies Leisure

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks, 17 Mar 2014
These socks are great and I'm glad we got them. I wouldn't for a moment pay the RRP because I think that's madness (are they made of cashmere? With diamonds? No. It's just about a brand name) but they are very good socks indeed. My son seems to find them comfortable and the x-small fit his size 9 wide feet perfectly well. I would say you probably need wellies a size or so bigger to fit properly (we have the Crocs ones with handles in a size 11 and this works well). I would highly recommend these socks but get them when they're reduced.

Let's Talk: About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families & Friends (Lets Talk)
Let's Talk: About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families & Friends (Lets Talk)
by Robie H. Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, 17 Mar 2014
I love this book. I bought Amazing You (a bit more basic and vague on the details but still good) several months ago and my son really enjoyed that but recently started asking further questions about *precisely* how the mechanics work and why the sexes are different. I have to admit that I thought I might have a couple more years before having to explain in more detail (he's only 4) but I very much believe that you need to give a child honest answers to these questions otherwise I think they worry and pick up incorrect and potentially scary information from elsewhere. This book gives all the details in a fun, approachable and yet sensible way with good illustrations. One thing I love about this over other books is that it actually shows the outside of a girl's genitals so that my son could see what was going on there (one of the questions that he was asking a lot). Other books seem to show the outside and inside of boys but only the inside parts of girls, which I think is a bit confusing. I like that there are different chapters, so you can either read through the whole thing together, pick particular topics that your child is asking about, or skip parts that you don't think they're quite ready for. There are lots of funny bits on the book too - there are two little characters who make comments and the part where it explains what babies do in their Mummy's tummies (kick, hit, burp) had my son in hysterics. I would certainly recommend this book to all parents, I think it's informative and makes a tricky subject very approachable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5