Profile for Pigkate > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Kitchen Craft Assorted Skewers 15cm- 18cm & 20cm pack of six
Kitchen Craft Assorted Skewers 15cm- 18cm & 20cm pack of six

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Small Skewers, 4 Jan 2013
For some reason, I found it quite hard to get hold of small skewers in shops where I would expect to find such standard kitchen equipment (Lakeland and John Lewis looked at me like I was mad and pointed me in the direction of those large, square barbecue skewers). I wanted these primarily for checking cakes etc. are cooked in the middle. Pretty much every recipe states 'it is done when an inserted skewer or knife comes out clean' so I don't know why these things are so hard to find. However, good old Amazon had this pack of them and they will be very useful to have around.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2013 7:51 PM GMT

Thomas and Friends Wooden Railway - Tidmouth Sheds
Thomas and Friends Wooden Railway - Tidmouth Sheds
Offered by Madhu-Kamdars

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic but pricey, 7 Oct 2012
This was bought by family for my son's third Birthday after quite a bit of research by me. I chose this rather than the other, smaller roundhouse that's available primarily because it has a turntable and looked rather more impressive. My son absolutely loves it and spends a lot of time using the turntable, so the choice definitely paid off. We usually buy Brio because the quality and durability is worth the extra cost but I do think the Wooden Thomas range is the next best thing. We've encountered no problems with this product so far. Some people have complained about the top part of the turntable being removable but I think this makes it practical because you can clean it easily. I do think it's overpriced and would be fairer if it were somewhere around the £60 mark. However, I know that my son (and any other train fanatics) will get many years of intense play out of this and it's definitely the best item he has in his train set.

Corolle Potty Set
Corolle Potty Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for potty training, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Corolle Potty Set (Toy)
I got this in order to help my son with potty training. We bought him this set, potty books and a potty of his choosing almost a year ago. Our approach was to introduce him gradually and his best friend 'Doggy' was to help him by using the potty and showing my son what to do. It has worked brilliantly and, at almost three, he is completely ready and basically potty training himself. I would also recommend this as a good quality doll's product - I've seen cheaper ones and they look flimsy and often too small.

Potette Plus Green
Potette Plus Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes Life Easier, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Potette Plus Green (Baby Product)
This is a great product and I can't imagine being without it. My nearly three year old son has just decided that he won't wear nappies any more and so we need to get him to a potty sharpish when we're out and about. I can (and have) set this up anywhere and we can quickly and discreetly take care of his business without too much notice, although a couple of people have commented very positively. The reasons this doesn't get five stars are a) Getting the legs in and out of the locking position can be a bit tricky and b) the liners are pretty expensive (but they are a great idea, so I don't mind too much). I would recommend this to anyone and am looking forward to passing it on to some one else to make their lives easier.

Sylvanian Families Sycamore Cottage
Sylvanian Families Sycamore Cottage

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Starter House, 12 Jan 2012
We bought this for my two year old son for Christmas because he loves playing with houses and little people at playgroups. I chose this house because Sylvanian Family products are good quality, this set comes with everything a child needs to get started, and there's nothing too fiddly or easy for him to break. I removed the drawers from the sink unit and the cutlery because they were too small for him to manage and knitted a blanket for the bed because the one provided doesn't stay on properly. We also got him the family car and this works really well - the animals have some lunch at home, go for a drive and then come back for a sleep. He plays with it every day and I can see us adding to this when he gets a bit older. It's a great toy to encourage imaginative play and empathy in young children, regardless of gender.

BRIO BRI-33280 Rail Freight Goods Station
BRIO BRI-33280 Rail Freight Goods Station

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Brio, 16 Dec 2011
I was a little apprehensive when my son received this for his second Birthday because I thought he would be too young to manage it. However, trying to work it out is part of the educational value of this toy and he got it pretty quickly. I think this has to be one of the best value Brio items because you don't have to add anything to play with it instantly but you can build on it to make it more interesting. I was completely amazed at how you hoist the load up, watch it fall off automatically at a certain point, push a button to drop it into the lorry, which speeds off all by itself (Physics, eh? Amazing stuff). I know, I'm easily pleased but if a 31 year old woman can be fascinated by this then that should tell you how enthralled my two year old boy was. A really clever bit of design from a company who always give you excellent quality.

BRIO BRI-33683 Rail Double Suspension Bridge
BRIO BRI-33683 Rail Double Suspension Bridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive and Fun, 16 Dec 2011
This is a really impressive looking and great fun addition to any Brio set. My son got it for his second Birthday and he really enjoys using it - especially watching the trains whoosh down the other side. We don't use the battery-powered engines because they drive him mad (he likes to be in control and push things), so I can't comment on how well these go up the slope. I think the price is pretty good when you compare them with other Brio items and the quality, as always, is superb. I've seen other makes at playgroups and have been less than impressed with their quality, durability and ease of use. I would highly recommend this product for any child who loves wooden trains.

BRIO 33381 Collapsing Bridge
BRIO 33381 Collapsing Bridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Fun, 16 Dec 2011
This review is from: BRIO 33381 Collapsing Bridge (Toy)
This was bought for my son's second Birthday and he absolutely loves it. He creates a dramatic scene where one train is going under the bridge and another has stopped on top. He shouts, 'Oh no!' before pushing the button that makes the tracks collapse and then falling about in giggles and shouts of 'CRASH!' This is a really fun addition to any Brio set and I think any child who likes a bit of action and drama in their play will get a lot of pleasure out of it.

BRIO 33374 Engine Shed
BRIO 33374 Engine Shed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Sturdy Item, 16 Dec 2011
This review is from: BRIO 33374 Engine Shed (Toy)
This was bought for my son's second Birthday. He is mad about Brio and, having tried out a couple of other, cheaper brands and been disappointed, we've decided to stick with Brio and just buy fewer items. It's really worth paying more because the product is so well made, sturdy and has a great level of attention to detail. This is a lovely little engine shed and will happily house two of the smaller trains with either a tender or single coach attached. My son just loves putting his trains 'to bed' and getting them out again. I would recommend this product for any child who's nuts about wooden trains and wants to add interest to their set.

Boys' Potty Time (Dk)
Boys' Potty Time (Dk)
by Dk
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Potty Book For Boys, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: Boys' Potty Time (Dk) (Board book)
I got this book for my son (nearly two) as an introduction to the idea of potty training. From the first moment it arrived, he was completely fascinated and asked me to read it over and over with him. The book goes through the process from choosing a potty and pants, to having a go on the potty, to having an accident and finally to getting it right and receiving a sticker as a reward. I think what my son likes best is that it contains real photographs of boys that he can identify with and emulate - a very strong incentive for many children to do things is to see others doing it first. It's a couple of weeks since the book arrived and he still reads it every day and points things out with glee - 'Potty!', 'Pants!','No nappies' etc. I hope this will make potty training an exciting and relatively stress-free experience for him.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5