Profile for Mr BD > Reviews

Heavy duty kitchen door buffers
Heavy duty kitchen door buffers
Offered by Abrafix

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, discreet and sturdy, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Heavy duty kitchen door buffers
Small clear and hard plastic 'buttons' which adhere very well to most surfaces. I have used them on the underside of coasters and glass chopping-boards so surfaces aren't scratched. On the chopping-board they can occasionally come loose after being through the dish-washer a few times but I don't think they were ever designed with that journey in mind . Used on drawers to stop them slamming quite so severly and on the back of bookcases to prevent the wall being scratched.
Translucent, so they can be seen but aren't large enough to be really noticable.
Excellent value and good quality.

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Munich
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Munich
by Elfie Ledig

4.0 out of 5 stars Normal standard for this range of books, 19 Jan. 2014
Which unfortunately also means the maps printed on the inside of the jacket are too small to be useful. And the pull-out map is even worse.
However, the content of the book is wonderful. It has detailed articles and recommendations for all sorts of occasions. recommended routes, places to visit outside of Munich and a section on commonly used German phrases (although they all speak better English than myself).
Apart from the map issue (which I already knew about from other books in this series) it is an excellent publication. Top 10 is generally the first range I look at when visiting a foreign city.

World of Flavours Italian Square Ravioli Cutter
World of Flavours Italian Square Ravioli Cutter

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and well made, 19 Jan. 2014
A rounded wooden handle that is comfortable to grip and solid steel cutting frame makes this an ideal device for cutting the pasta dough.
Hand-wash only but very easy to clean.
Simple and very effective.

North of Boston
North of Boston
by Elisabeth Elo

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written but stretched a little too far, 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: North of Boston (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife read this and enjoyed it very much. The story was good enough to make her want to return to it and finish the book to uncover the whole story. However, some parts of it were implausible - almost as though the author had tried to weave too many ideas into the story.
However, it has given her a taste for this author's works and she will be buying more books from her.

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 50 Natural
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 50 Natural
Offered by Perfumes scent direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and easy to apply, 19 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife used this foundation -
"I use Max Factor Foundation but had never tried this one. I will be buying this from now on as it is very light, easy to apply and the size of the pot makes it ideal for packing for travelling. The shade of this particular crème is very close to my skin tone."

Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Offered by the pet shop Langport

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's face it - it isn't our decision, 30 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well I'm not actually going to eat this stuff - and the cats are an eternal mystery as to what they like, when they will like it and just how long for.

The product is in an easy to open re-sealable bag. Small granules that have a vague smell of the ingredients that they claim to be made from - not as unpleasant as other cat foods. The price is a little more than I normally buy, so I wouldn't feed them on just this.

And of course the cats like it. Until the day that they don't for no discernable reason.

BLACK+DECKER Gyro Driver Gyroscopic Motion Sensing Screwdriver
BLACK+DECKER Gyro Driver Gyroscopic Motion Sensing Screwdriver

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting twist on a common tool, 28 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For several years I have used a Bosch electric screwdriver. Quite large but with a larger degree of torque than I have come across with any other screwdriver. Like most others it has a button that pushed one way or the other selects clockwise or ant-clockwise. Push the button and it activates.
I thought that old device would never be bettered but then this little device from Black and Decker has turned up.

Almost half the length of my Bosch device and with the roughly the same amount of torque I find it easier to use and more comfortable to hold. This screwdriver is activated when your palm pushes against the button on the end of the handle. It fits very comfortably into either hand and the direction is controlled by which way you twist your hand. The speed is controlled by the amount you twist your hand.
A small LED light illuminates the working end of the device (it is also used to warn of low charge, over-heating and cut-off after 45 seconds of continual use). It also flashes briefly after you stop using it.

I find this device more useful than my Bosch screwdriver because it is shorter and so can fit into more awkward spaces and also because of the way you control it. Many times I'm driving a screw into something only to realise it isn't quite right and so need to retract it. In my old device I'd have to release the button, slide it to the anti-clockwise position, line up with the screw-head again and press the button to start. Now I just rotate my wrist to make it stop and then reverse.

The battery is stored internally, so the charger plus into the screwdriver itself. A charge level indication would have been nice and the 16 hour charge time does seem excessive but it is very nice to use.

Compact, powerful and easy to use.

Bosch PMD 7 Digital Detector
Bosch PMD 7 Digital Detector

5.0 out of 5 stars It could hardly be simpler, 24 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a multi-detector already but it is a bulky triangular thing and not too accurate. You have to use the correct face of it to detect a particular type of object (one edge for wires and another for pipes).
This device by Bosch is a delight. It has one button to switch it on or off and the sensor on the reverse differentiates between metal objects and electric cables. The light on the front changes colour depending upon what it detects and the tone it plays changes. And that's it! Switch it on, slide it along the surface and it gives accurate readings. It can be recalibrated if in doubt but I have no reason to need to (another problem with my previous detector).
Very light, quite rugged so it can live in a toolbox along with everything else. It is packaged with the three batteries that it needs and a small manual (which you barely need) in a wide range of languages.
My only criticism was the packaging - it was rather difficult to get into, requiring a sturdy pair of kitchen scissors to make any progress. So many items these days are so difficult to get out of their packaging these days and this is a perfect example.

However, an excellent device that I can recommend.

Personalised Golf Ball Markers
Personalised Golf Ball Markers
Offered by Best Impressions

5.0 out of 5 stars Little gift for the golfer, 13 Dec. 2013
Bought as a Christmas present, they arrived in a small plastic packet with 'Happy Christmas' printed across it. Five brass markers, with a small dimple on the underside. They come in a variety of colours with the name specified (via the Gift Wrap option when ordering).
Nice little gift and worth the price.

Russell Hobbs 19821 Easy 2 Fill Iron, 2400 W - Purple
Russell Hobbs 19821 Easy 2 Fill Iron, 2400 W - Purple
Offered by Dynamic Deals Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to use but slightly uncomfortable, 10 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm one of those people that likes an iron with a bit of weight to it and this is very nice. Not too heavy for prolonged use and not so light that I feel I have to press down hard with it.
A longer cord than some irons that I've had and very easy to fill or empty. Pressing a button opens a valve in the 'foot' of the iron and just run the tap directly into it. It is shaped like a large funnel so it would take some amount of effort to actually spill any water whilst filling it.
Several controls for the levels of heat and steam and a setting for flushing steam through to clean it.
The only slight issue I had was the moulding of the handle. The top and underside are different colours and different pieces. I found the join that runs along the handle was slightly raised and so rubbed against the palm of my had when using it. The only reason I don't give it 5 starts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20