Profile for Mr BD > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 880

Mr BD
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tyre Valve Dust Caps x8 (2 Packs Of 4)
Tyre Valve Dust Caps x8 (2 Packs Of 4)
Offered by Beauty*Top*Picks

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain, 30 Jan. 2015
Loose in a padded envelope instead of two packs of eight but so what? Eight perfectly usable plastic dust caps for 99p including postage. It would have cost me more in fuel to go and buy these elsewhere.

Nokia Lumia 720 Black Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector & Touch Stylus Pen - Black
Offered by GB Online Sales

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last long but worth it, 15 Jan. 2015
The phone slides into hard plastic brackets within the leather-effect wallet and stays fixed. An adhesive screen protector is included with a cloth to clean the screen and a small magnet in the tab is used to keep the case closed.
The stylus pen pictured doesn't come with the phone, the supplied stylus is much shorter and I would never actually use anyway.
A couple of slots within the facing page of the wallet allow credit-card sized objects to be kept and a larger pocket behind these for business cards etc. Holes in the back match up with the camera and speaker.
I purchased an almost identical version of this from another supplier a few months ago. Eventually the edges of the plastic brackets started to break away and the phone wasn't held as securely as I would have liked.
However, I have used other covers where the magnet has been on the end and they've damaged either the microphone or the speaker. As this cover doesn't have that issue and only cost 2.99 I am quite happy to order a new one every six months or so.

Hispa Composed by Garnacha Blanca Macabeo 2012 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
Hispa Composed by Garnacha Blanca Macabeo 2012 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars A dry pale wine, 14 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A well presented wine with a pleasant aroma. A very pale colour and a nice change to have a wine with a cork - although I'm just a bit of a traditionalist.
A little dry for my tastes so I don't believe I'll be buying any more but that doesn't mean it is a bad wine - just not to my taste.

Polti Vaporetto Edition Steam Cleaner
Polti Vaporetto Edition Steam Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and effective cleaner, 14 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having never used a steam cleaner before I decided to try this model and am pleasantly surprised by it.
The instructions for use are included on the lid of the box and are quite simple - 1.3 Litres of water, switch on, wait ten minutes attach a hose and fittings and you're off. A dial controls the steam pressure and therefore how fast the steam is produced.
A couple of minor issues with it are the small wheels that you have to fit onto the base - they don't 'click' into place and so I have had one fall off whenever I pick the cleaner up and the on/off switch on the hose (to stop/start steam flowing) took a while to get operating correctly.
The amount of steam produced from the 1.3 litres is prodigious. I cleaned my shower entirely (doors, walls, grouting) and most of the kitchen floor and still had water left.
Of course, producing this much steam does mean huge amounts of condensation. I left the bathroom window open while cleaning the shower and the kitchen floor was quite wet when I cleaned that.
The shower looked as new when finished. I could use the steam to clean the little tracks under the shower door that have always been a problem to get into, and the grouting looks as new. I was very impressed with that.
The kitchen floor was a little more problematic - very wet at the end and some of the stains were in reality just watered down and blasted over a wider area. You do need to mop up as you go along in order to ensure the surface really is clean and not just diluted stains across a wider area.
The on-line registration process is a little tricky but not too difficult to work out.
With these minor issues I don't give it 5 stars and I won't be using it regularly. However, I have a couple of children who have kitchens that are the stuff of nightmares - so I'll (or more likely they'll) be using this in the first salvo.

Philips 8718291789994 5 W (50W) 3000 K 36D GU10 LED Spot Light Bulbs - White, Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light quality and energy saving, 14 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I imagine most people do, we have been using low-energy bulbs for quite some time now and have noticed a difference in the behaviour of the bulbs these days. They do tend to take a little longer to get to full brightness and the colour can be a little 'off' - tending towards a yellow tint with some types.
These Philips bulbs are a revelation. They are instantly a clear white light which spreads evenly, unlike most bulbs where the pattern of illumination is more to the centre.
In addition they simply do not get hot. I'm not paying money to heat the bulb and light fittings - cool to the touch even after prolonged use.
A mere 4.5 watts of power to generate the equivalent of the older 50 watt bulbs, which earns them a rating of A+ according to the packaging.
I have other Philips LED bulbs and I really believe they are worth the money for the quality of the illumination and the energy savings .

Robot Uprisings
Robot Uprisings
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 5 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Robot Uprisings (Paperback)
Recently, Professor Stephen Hawking was quoted as saying that full Artificial Intelligence could spell the end of the human race. He probably read this book.
17 short stories of various lengths and the majority appear for the first time in this book. They deal with robots in a variety of guises - from house servants to nanobots and the various ways that they can cause issues with humanity.
Not all of the stories are 'doom and gloom' but they are all riveting.
I enjoy the occasional collection of short sci-fi stories but rarely find a collection where all of the tales within are well written and captivating.
This is one such collection and is recommended.

Neon Spiral Keyring 12/Card
Neon Spiral Keyring 12/Card
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 1 Dec. 2014
At this price (£4.30 and free delivery) for 12 of these, how can I not be pleased with them? 12 keyring in three colours - I imagine the colours and combination of them are pretty much random.
Actually better quality than I expected for such a price and precisely as depicted in the photograph. I'm not using them as keyrings - the piece with the clip attachment is ideal for using to fasten my car-cover - with straps that go around the wheel. Being plastic it doesn't scratch the paintwork, the different colours mean I can tell the front from the back when putting the cover onto the car and I have three sets of spares should they break.
As the strain on the straps for my car cover hasn't broken any yet I imagine a few keys won't present much of a problem to them.

Pinzon by Amazon Heather Jersey Yarn Dye Duvet Set with Two Pillowcases Double - Navy Stripe

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality warmth for the winter, 24 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well made jersey fabric bedding which is ideal for the colder weather. It comes complete with a bag for containing it with the same striped design.
Being a cotton fabric it does take a bit more effort to dry than other bedding I have but that is worthwhile for the warmth of the material.
Easy to fit duvet cover and two generously sized pillow cases.

Lake District: Low Level and Lake Walks (British Walking)
Lake District: Low Level and Lake Walks (British Walking)
by Vivienne Crow

4.0 out of 5 stars Easily used and carried, 24 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very nice guide book. Well laid out it divides the Lake District into 5 areas and has walks for all levels within each of these area.
It is a good size for fitting into a pocket to take with you. Many books I have had in the past have been a little too large to store easily. The laminated cover helps to keep it protected from the elements and the cover includes an extension that can be used to bookmark a page.
The start of the book contains information about the geology of the area, the weather, travelling around and advice on what to wear and take with you.
The walks are generally circular but where they aren't information is given on how to get back to the start. Information of walking times, difficulty, terrain, distance and places for refreshments are given at the start of each walk and the directions are quite clear (although it also recommends which OS maps you should have with you).
One of the better books to use and to be recommended.

Nokia Lumia 635 Black PU Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Mini Touch Stylus Pen + Big Touch Stylus Pen + Screen Protector & Polishing Cloth BY SHUKAN
Offered by Shukan

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 24 Nov. 2014
The phone slides into hard plastic brackets within the leather-effect wallet and stays fixed. An adhesive screen protector is included and a small magnet in the tab is used to keep the case closed.
The extendable stylus pen fell off almost immediately and is really very little use - I just didn't see the point (no pun intended). The black colouring on the pen is already peeling off but I don't use that anyway.
A couple of slots within the facing page of the wallet allow credit-card sized objects to be kept. Holes in the back match up with the camera and speaker.
I've had considerably more expensive containers than this for my mobile that have disappointed in one way or another and I have to say I far prefer this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20