Profile for Ms. L. S. Cornwell > Reviews

Content by Ms. L. S. Cornwell

Ms. L. S. Cornwell "Louise 'Shoe addict'" (Theydon Bois, Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
FitFlop-Sandals Flare Slide Women
FitFlop-Sandals Flare Slide Women
Price: £59.00 - £90.86

5.0 out of 5 stars I would love a pair in every colour, 27 Feb 2014
I ordered Fitflop Flare in two different sizes (size 7 and 8) as I have never owned a pair of Fitflops before. When they were delivered I was impressed by the way they were packed and the quality of the item. I normally take a size 8 in shoes and expected to send the size 7 back. I was surprised that the size 7 fitted me length wise, but the strap over the arch of my foot was a little snug. The size 8 I thought made my feet look very big and the straps were looser. I have wide feet and high arches so I was pleased that the straps fitted over my high arches. The size 8 Fitflops were returned because I thought the straps on the size 7 would give a little with wear, and they have. Even when the straps were a little tight the sandals never rubbed or caused me any discomfort.
I really do love these sandals, they are so well made, comfortable and I get asked where I got them from all the time. They are expensive, but worth every penny.

Koi Pond Filter Box System 18000 Litres - Triple Bay System All Pond Solutions CBF-350C
Offered by All Pond Solutions

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good customer service at all, 25 Jun 2013
I purchased this filter, pump and UV directly from All Pond Solutions website. I really wish I hadn't. The pump supplied with this filter is too powerful and makes the filter overflow. I have tried everything to stop it overflowing but to no avail.

Because I couldn't use the filter and pump without it overflowing I decided to return the item to All Pond Solutions.

You can email them (email address is on their website)or you can fill in a contact form (but this form gives you no indication that the form has been completed successfully and they have got your message) YOU CAN'T PHONE THEM! There is a telephone number on their website but it just gives you a recorded message for you to use the contact form on their website.

I obviously have had contact with them through email only. This is painful, they are not willing to look for order numbers (I accidently deleted the email with my order number) They are not helpful when it comes to returning large items with them that you cannot post, there is no procedure on their website for this. I asked how I was meant to get the above filter back to them with no box (it was damaged when I got the filter) and I have not had a reply. There wasn't even a suggestion of getting a courier and they would refund the cost. Thankfully, I paid for the item through Paypal. That means I can start a claim against them to get my money back £299.99. I wouldn't ever buy anything by credit or debit card directly from their site as their customer service skills are lacking. If you do still feel comfortable buying anything from this company do it through Amazon or pay for it with Paypal as at least you can complain to them if things go wrong. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from them again.

Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 inch Tablet - White (16GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 inch Tablet - White (16GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Offered by TODO! TODO!

3.0 out of 5 stars I hate it. I want to throw it through a window and stamp on it., 30 Nov 2012
It looks good. It is the most annoying, frustrating thing I have used in a long while. I hate Android, you can't play Facebook games because it hasn't got a flash player, you can't put iTunes on it because Apple supposedly hates Android. What's the point of it? It's software is confusing, wish I had a tablet with Windows. Oh, and it says I can only print to a Samsung printer. You try finding the printer settings to change it!

I wish I could afford to throw it through a window at high speed, I hate it.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2013 12:43 PM GMT

Fly London Women's Jink Purple/Yellow Open Toe P142110001 6 UK
Fly London Women's Jink Purple/Yellow Open Toe P142110001 6 UK
Offered by Escape Boutique/Mitchells Menswear

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why Amazon have reduced these so much!, 29 Aug 2012
I ordered two pairs of Fly London Jink, one in grey/black and one in purple/red. They are very elegant sandals, comfortable and don't feel as high because of the platform sole. I have quite wide size 8 feet with a high instep but they fitted me perfectly. I have just ordered another pair in the purple/yellow combination, who could resist them at £13.99!

Fly London Women's Uke Mule
Fly London Women's Uke Mule

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sandals!, 1 Aug 2011
I ordered a pair of Fly London Uke in the blue, purple and beige option. These sandals are true to size and are not narrow as I am a size 8 normally (that's the size I ordered) and I have wide feet with a high arch ; they fit perfectly. In the picture, I thought the sandals may look a bit 'clumpy' but I was pleasantly surprised when I put them on as they do make your feet look quite elegant. I am not sure if this is on the description on the Amazon site but the sandals do not have a buckle (its just for show) the ankle strap is fastened by Velcro. I do think this is a good idea as there will be no fiddling around trying to do a buckle up! The only problem I can see is if the Velcro looses it's stickiness over time? The ankle strap is quite generous as I don't have the slimmest ankle and had no problem doing it up. Well done Fly London, another lovely design!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2011 6:54 PM BST

Fly London Women's Pelia Smog Wedge Heels P500193012 8 UK
Fly London Women's Pelia Smog Wedge Heels P500193012 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful sandals!!!!, 30 July 2011
I purchased a pair of Fly London Pelia in Beige size 8 and was very pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they are. This particular model (Pelia) have a high heel but does not feel high because of the platform sole. I have wide feet but these sandals are wide fitting (adjustable to a narrower or wider fit)and have a padded insole which makes them so comfortable to wear. I own several pairs of Fly London shoes and I have always found them to be very well made, comfortable and they last for years. I can't recommend these sandals enough, they are really lovely!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good :(, 2 April 2011
I ordered a pair of Nike Pegasus + 27 in size 7.5 last week and paid for expedited shipping as I needed them urgently. Two days later my account said that the shoes are 'preparing to ship' so I sent Field and Trek and email to say please despatch them as I really need them. When I later that day looked at my email in-box I had an email from Amazon to say that Field and Trek had cancelled my order, no explanation nothing, zilch. I checked today if the same shoe that I originally ordered was in stock, and it was. What is going on? I wouldn't order anything else from Field and Trek as their customer service skills stink. I am going to ask Amazon why they cancelled my order without contacting me first.

Reebok Lady Premier Ultra KFS VI Running Shoes
Reebok Lady Premier Ultra KFS VI Running Shoes

2.0 out of 5 stars Going back, 31 Mar 2011
I have a high instep (supinated or underpronated) so I thought that these running shoes would be ideal for me. These shoes are very tight over the arch of my foot, which is surprising as I believed they were designed for people with high arches.I have given them two stars because they are a nice colour (grey and pink) I can't comment on their performance while running as they didn't get that far. Not a well designed shoe, better luck next time Reebok. Going to return them :(

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! lovely sandals :), 29 Mar 2011
I ordered a pair of Trespass ladies Malina sandals in size 7 (normally a size 8) I thought I was taking a risk ordering them n a smaller size as I also have a wide foot. Very pleasantly surprised as they fit like a glove.

The sandals, I believe are even better than the Teva ones I already own as the soles are flexible and the straps have neoprene underneath the straps to stop them rubbing (my Teva sandals don't have this). Also the Trespass sandals look lovely in pink.

I would recommend the Trespass Malina sandal to anyone, they are lovely. However, I would order a size smaller than you usually are!

Amargan Hair Therapy Oil 30 ml
Amargan Hair Therapy Oil 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! this oil is amazing!, 4 Jan 2011
I have quite long Indian fairly good quality (Remy) hair extensions which become pretty dry and straw like if they are not looked after properly. I normally use very good quality thermal hair protection which gives a very good result but nothing as good as this stuff! I tried it for the first time today on dry hair (it looked terrible)I smoothed about 3 squirts on my hair (its quite long) and used my GHD straighteners. My hair not only took less time to straighten but it is so silky! My hair extensions feel the same as they did when they were first put in! My hair isn't greasy at all, just really soft and silky. The only thing I would mention when using it on hair extensions is not to get it near any bonds or micro rings as it may cause the hair to slip (I have not had a problem :) Buy it, it is amazing!

Page: 1 | 2