Profile for Mr. Smith > Reviews

The Mentalist - Season 4 [DVD] [2012]
The Mentalist - Season 4 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Simon Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Good show but the DVD..., 11 Dec 2012
I'm not a snob in terms of video quality, yes we are in an age of HD everything but if a product isn't available in HD or is too expensive I will buy the DVD but I have to say the quality of this product is awful, the jewel case feels like it's made out of really cheap plastic and the discs look like they've been printed by an over zealous indie filmmaker who prints the labels on the discs in bulk from home. The video quality, which is my main gripe, is barely watchable, considering that I'm playing it through a PS3, upscaled onto a 32-inch HDTV - which is usually still pretty decent video quality; however this isn't the case with this item in particular, it seems that the manufacturers of this product have loaded 5 episodes per disc and sacrificed the quality to save money having to print a sixth disc - the disc menus themselves also look they've been made using a free dvd burning software with a few presets - just awful. The video result is extremely pixelated and certainly not DVD quality.

Showcase Presents: Booster Gold (Showcase Presents)
Showcase Presents: Booster Gold (Showcase Presents)
by Dan Jurgens

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic but..., 5 May 2011
I really loved reading this and I love Booster Gold, I think he is a fantastic character but very flawed. This collection is the 1987 run of Booster Gold (#1-#25) and also includes #36 of Secret Origin. This is great value for money however, although I don't particularly mind, it should be noted that it is in black and white and not colour.

Page: 1 | 2