Profile for Shelfmark > Reviews

BABY JOGGER CITY MINI MICRO SINGLE RAIN COVER ZIPPED WEATHER SHIELD
BABY JOGGER CITY MINI MICRO SINGLE RAIN COVER ZIPPED WEATHER SHIELD
Offered by Baby Travel Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 12 Oct. 2013
Product is not a baby jogger product.
Product does not work for the mini jogger 4 wheels.
I returned my purchase. Yet to receive refund. At the moment I'm filling a complaint.
I can't stand misrepresentation.
Buyers, Approach with caution.

Linens Limited Polycotton Quilted Mattress Protector, Single
Linens Limited Polycotton Quilted Mattress Protector, Single
Offered by Linens Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not last longer than 4 months, 27 Jun. 2013
I bought this item for my daughter's single bed. I had reservations when I opened it but could not be bothered with returning it so I decided to give it a go. My reservations were spot on as it did not last longer than a few months.
Wash at your peril as it shrinks and is liable to developing tears after a wash.
I don't recommend this product.
It is suited for very very light use (perhaps a guest room's mattress) and remember wash a your peril.

OXO Tot 4-Piece Feeding Set (Green)
OXO Tot 4-Piece Feeding Set (Green)

3.0 out of 5 stars Why price the green £5 more than other colours?, 21 Mar. 2013
I bought this for my toddler.
It works okay. I just don't understand why it costs so much. She eats off it fine. It's not making her eat more or better so I am left wondering what's so special about this item to justify the price. I am still wondering.

Besides the green and the blue versions are the same items, one just cost £5.00 more.

5 Star 150 m 2-Ply Centre Feed Tissue Refill for Dispenser, Pack of 6, Blue
5 Star 150 m 2-Ply Centre Feed Tissue Refill for Dispenser, Pack of 6, Blue
Offered by Packaging.Products.Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Like loo roll., 15 Jan. 2013
Rubbish item. It's got the consistency of loo roll and nothing like regular kitchen towels. No I won't be buying this item again.
Shocked that the previous review was so glowing. must work for the company :-/

Shealife 100% Whipped Organic Shea Butter 100g
Shealife 100% Whipped Organic Shea Butter 100g

1.0 out of 5 stars Not organic, 2 Jan. 2013
This item is listed as organic. This little detail is not mentioned on the product. Neither is there any organic certification. I can't stand misrepresentation. If you don't mind that it's not organic then get it. If you must use organic don't bother...
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2014 3:32 PM BST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh my, 26 Mar. 2012
I bought this item thinking I could get a good item at a good price.

As soon as it arrived I realised "You get what you pay for".

If you think you can buy quality cheaply. Think again.

Samsung MW86N-B 23 litre 850 watt Solo Microwave Oven, Black
Samsung MW86N-B 23 litre 850 watt Solo Microwave Oven, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after 1 year., 26 Mar. 2012
I bought this item last year. One year later, it suddenly stopped working. Died. kaput. I got my husband to check everything and we could not identify the reason for its sudden death.

I am currently looking for a simple microwave with knobs as I am sick of this touch screen, digital technology malarkey :-/ and I am in a woman in my late twenties!

Folk Shawls (Folk Crafts)
Folk Shawls (Folk Crafts)
by Cheryl Oberle

4.0 out of 5 stars What a delight!!, 11 Jan. 2012
Oh the joy of the most lovely knitting book on shawls.

The shawls are not dated and are just stunning.
Patterns are easy and definitely a good way to increase competence in lace knitting.
Patterns are also easily adjustable to suit different tastes in length and repeats.

What a joy to finally find a book that is simple yet oh so effective in creating stunning shawls!. Shame about the errata but a visit to interweave (use ravelry) will show you the corrections.

I started off with the Kimono shawl and now I am hooked. I can't wait to get home to continue and I have already picked out the next project. click clack watch them knitting needles click clack!

I used to be a beginner, now I rock at lace :-) woohoo!

Knit and Wrap: 25 Capelets, Cowls and Collars
Knit and Wrap: 25 Capelets, Cowls and Collars
by Nathalie Mornu

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh my., 13 Nov. 2011
What a shame.

The book has mistakes (see hood pattern) and also is mostly about patterns that need bulky yarn. In fact, my reason for buying the book, to get the pattern for the bluey green collar on page 111 by Ms. Cheung if you use the 'look inside the book' facility by amazon, was sadly not realised. The ONLY pattern that was not included. What a con.

Perfect if you are are a beginner for the easy bulky styles such as "sugar" but be careful. Not so much if you like are not a beginner and like a bit of more challenging knits with accurate patterns of course.

Needless to say, this is going back to the marketplace inventory...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2013 2:31 PM GMT

The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives
The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 22 Sept. 2011
Funny, witty, entertaining, thought-provoking and fabulous use of soliloquy.
What more can one ask from a read?

Forget semantics and nit-picking overtones from over-sensitive readers/reviewers. If you want a book that touches on the aforementioned qualities, then this is the book for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4