Profile for Lisa > Reviews

Content by Lisa

Lisa

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Julian Bowen Marlborough Waxed Dressing Table Mirror, 50 x 12 x 53 cm, Light Oak
Offered by Furnihaus

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 8 July 2016
Quality item, good finish. A fair price. Solid construction. I give 4 stars rather than 5 because when you view this mirror from the garden (its on the windowsill) you see the back of the mirror section with its labelling and cruder finish. This mirror is great to view from the front, it's back is not meant to be seen. If you are going to put it somewhere where the back will be viewed, be aware! Apart from that I am happy. The cats have already knocked it off the windowsill once, and it did not break. In fact it delivered damage to the windowsill, not vice versa. So I think this really is solid oak, and it really is a good design. I love its simple clean lines, and the rectangular base. Most swivel mirrors have curved or decorative bases. This is minimal, contemporary, clean lines. The wood selected is good. Very few "imperfections" in the grain, no knots. Easy to assemble. All in all, for the money, I am very pleased. This mirror is built to last a lifetime.

Ipow Teapot Extra Fine Tea Infuser Steeper Strainer with Lid and Handle for Loose Leaf Grain Tea Cups, Mugs, and Pots
Offered by Ipow-Official

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricy, but worth it, 1 July 2016
Pricy, but worth it. Very good cup strainer. We use it to soak fenugreek seeds overnight. Then drink the liquid, and combine the seeds with yoghurt to eat them. This little strainer makes that process easier and more efficient. Its a luxury product, you could easily manage without it. But it is well designed and a pleasure to use. It also saves me a bit of time, and I need to claw back as much time as I can. So I'm very happy with this well made strainer, and as it comes boxed, you could give one as a gift because it is so well made and professionally packaged.

Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Goji Berries 125 g
Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Goji Berries 125 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the quality, 22 Jun. 2016
Very happy with the quality of these goji berries. Not 100% convinced that they are a necessary component in our healthy eating foods repertoire. So we'll try without them in the near future, and see if there is any change in the various readings we take daily for blood glucose, blood pressure and thyroid balance. Nutritionally we are confident that we can cover the bases with other, cheaper fresh foods. These goji berries certainly don't raise blood glucose levels in my partner, when taken in small quantities. So if you are catering for someone with a diabetes diagnosis, you might want to incorporate them into his or her diet. In our case they did no harm.

Soil Sieve Stainless Steel with 3 interchangable Mesh Sizes
Soil Sieve Stainless Steel with 3 interchangable Mesh Sizes
Offered by Bonsai2u

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, it's not worth the money, 9 Jun. 2016
Not impressed, but not annoyed enough to go through the hassle of sending it back. This soil sieve should be priced about £4.99 - £6.99 in my opinion. The concept is good, it has a "stainless steel" disk into which you place the various sieve sections (there are three). They fit relatively well, and you can remove them relatively well. Theres nothing to hold them in position, they just drop in, and the soil presumably keeps them in the right place. My box contained all the parts of the sieve kit. The disk surround is shiny and new. The sieve sections all have rusty sections of mesh. The box this sieve came in is a cheap, one colour (green) print job with Chinese writing on it and a silhouette of some roses. I would be VERY disappointed if I had bought this as a gift for a friend or relative. I am not going to send this set back, I will use it till it wears out BUT, I will look elsewhere for a replacement when I need one, and I'll probably go to a garden centre because I am beginning to be wary of some of the "bargains" on Amazon. I've had my fingers burned a couple of times recently.

Rustins AVMC1000 1L Quick Dry Varnish - Matt Clear
Rustins AVMC1000 1L Quick Dry Varnish - Matt Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars V good, 1 Jun. 2016
V good. Easy to apply.

Organic Sweet White Miso (250g) Bulk Pack x 6 Super Savings
Organic Sweet White Miso (250g) Bulk Pack x 6 Super Savings
Offered by Superfood Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this miso, 1 Jun. 2016
Great for making miso "cheese" with tofu.

Brooch back small SP pk10
Brooch back small SP pk10
Offered by G J Beads

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Jun. 2016
Great! I used one of these to make a button broach. The holes in the bar mean you can stitch a button to it, rather than just relying on glue. Clever.

BareMinerals Natural Sunscreen SPF 30 For Face & Body - Light 4g/0.14oz
BareMinerals Natural Sunscreen SPF 30 For Face & Body - Light 4g/0.14oz
Offered by Complexions Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't buy again, 1 Jun. 2016
Not impressed. Brush very scratchy.

COLLECTION - Wall Display Cabinet with 4 Glass Shelves - Natural
COLLECTION - Wall Display Cabinet with 4 Glass Shelves - Natural
Offered by Watsons on the Web

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Jun. 2016
VERY happy with this, we now have 2! Great cabinets, easy to assemble. Sturdy, well finished, mid tone warm wood. Just perfect. The adjustable glass shelves give all sorts of rearranging options. At the moment both cabinets contain a variety of essential oils, herbal salves and carrier oils and tinctures. The shelves fit all the items I want to put in them, and because they are glass I can wipe and drips or smears.

Ledbury 83cm Organic Cotton Apron
Ledbury 83cm Organic Cotton Apron
Offered by Ochre and Ocre

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 1 Jun. 2016
Gorgeous. Bought this as a treat to myself to make the long hours in the kitchen more bearable. It does the job. Its beautifully made, ethically sourced, environmentally sustainable, quality durable fabric, lovely colours.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20