Profile for Godders45 > Reviews

Content by Godders45

Godders45 "godders" (Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
A Bear Called Paddington: Complete & Unabridged by Bond. Michael ( 2003 ) Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves Paddington, 24 Jun. 2016
Wonderful CD of stories. My 5 and 7 year old love Paddington and are reading the books so this is a great accompaniment for them (along with the original TV series that I also bought). Told so well by Stephen Fry. A must for bedtimes in our house now as the girls adore how much of a mess Paddington seems to get into whilst trying to help out.

Bedtime Meditations for Kids (Calm Kids)
Bedtime Meditations for Kids (Calm Kids)
by Christiane Kerr
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 nice stories, 24 Jun. 2016
It didn't help my 7 year old go to sleep any better but she loved the stories and when I peeped in after playing it the first night, she was wide awake still and told me how exciting they were. Not quite the desired affect but something different for her to relax to and enjoy. Her little sister was fast asleep as usual!

nalu 7-8 pink Soles Up Front Boys Shorty 2mm Wetsuit. All Baby, Child and Kids Sizes and Colours. A Great Childrens Wetsuit for Swimming pool, Beach or Surfing. Ideal Gift For A Birthday Present or Holiday Essential. Logo: Pirate. Sizes: 0-6 Months ; 6-12 Months ; 1-2 Years ; 3-4 Years ; 5-6 Years ; 7-8 Years ; 8-9 Years. Colours: Red ; Blue ; Yellow
Offered by Soles Up Front

3.0 out of 5 stars Go by chest sizes, not age, 18 May 2016
The wetsuit itself is worth 5 stars but the sizing seems wrong. I ordered a 7/8 and 5/6 for my two children. The sizing should be more accurately looked at by chest size. 7/8 is 28" and 5/6 is 26". That may give you some indication of the size you need for your child.

The 7/8 is enormous and totally swamped my daughter. She tried the 5/6 on and it fitted perfectly. The 5/6 suit was also huge for my 5 year old so I've just ordered a 3/4 which seems ridiculous but we're hoping that will fit properly. At least we have a spare suit as they grow up!

Hozelock Sensor Plus Automatic Controller
Hozelock Sensor Plus Automatic Controller

5.0 out of 5 stars Timer with multiple watering/time options, 12 May 2016
Having read the reviews about the previous Hozelock sensor, I was glad to see that a newer version was available. No reviews yet so I thought I'd better get one done. I've had the controller for a week now and so far, so good. Easy to set up. Literally unscrewed our Hozelock hose from the tap and put this onto the tap and then popped the hose onto the bottom and plugged it in.

Timer has lots of different settings. You can schedule the watering every day, 2 days, 3 days, 5 days or weekly. The time for watering can be set for 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes. We've set ours up for daily, for 10 minutes which is adequate for our vegetables in the garden (the picture shows it set for once a week, 10 minutes in the evening only as an example).

There is a 'drip' button you can press for watering outside those times and depending which lights go on (you press it multiple times) you can water for 60 minutes, 30 minutes or 10 minutes.There is a daylight sensor so the unit waters at sunrise and sunset (which apparently are the optimum times for watering).

Clear instruction book with the timer and hope it will last for a long time. Takes 2 AA batteries (not supplied). Would recommend.
Comment Comment | Permalink

InterDesign Eva Large Toothbrush Stand, Clear
InterDesign Eva Large Toothbrush Stand, Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Oral-B electric brushes finally under control!, 25 April 2016
Totally fed up of our Oral-B electric toothbrushes always falling over as they are weighted so badly (come on Oral-B - put a wider base on them!) I looked for an option to make them more stable and spotted this large toothbrush stand. Ordered it and delighted when it arrived. Fits 3 electric toothbrushes in no problem (there are 5 of us so need 2 of them). Easy to clean out and no more toothbrushes falling off the bathroom shelf into the sink! Would recommend this product.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Braun Oral-B Stages Vitality Princess Electric Toothbrush for Kids
Braun Oral-B Stages Vitality Princess Electric Toothbrush for Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun with the Oral B App too, 26 Mar. 2016
Paying a little over the odds for anything Disney as we know, but my two children delighted with these toothbrushes (5 and 7 year olds). Fortunately they came with different heads and I'd downloaded the Oral B Disney App to go with them. They love earning stickers, awards and random extras for good brushing and are building up their storybooks. Seem to last about a week on a charge being used twice a day before going a little slow and needing a recharge, which is fine. I definitely think that brushing is better with an electric toothbrush so glad we invested in them for all the family now.

Additional heads are not cheap (nothing Oral B is to be fair) but nice that I can scan the opposite one and they can both build up two books, and also good that you can select the heads you want next time specifically. I'm sure they will last a good while with little teeth.

Crimson Peak [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2015]
Crimson Peak [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2015]
Dvd ~ Charlie Hunnam

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable storyline which is easily guessed., 26 Mar. 2016
The trailers looked amazing and my teen waited to see this with me as she thought it looked rather creepy. We settled down to quite a disappointment. If you want creepy, go for The Woman in Black. This had a couple of good special effects but the plot became easily read very early on in the film with us both saying 'yep, knew it' by the end. Too predictable.

I probably was expecting a lot knowing how good del Toro's films usually are, and with a good cast such as this had. However, not one that I would bother watching again as just not enough suspense, story, or visuals to make it engaging for a second viewing. Shame.

The Good Dinosaur [DVD] [2015]
The Good Dinosaur [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Bob Peterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not the best Disney/Pixar, 26 Mar. 2016
Arlo is a sweet, farming (yep, he comes from a farming family) dinosaur who sets off on an adventure with his father to find the creature that is stealing their supplies. Of course, daddy dino dies and Arlo is left on his own to find his way back home. He meets up with a Neanderthal child whom he names 'Spot' and they two of them embark on an adventure to find Arlo's family again, also finding one for Spot along the way. Some charming characters and my 5 and 7 year old enjoyed it but it didn't captivate them as much as other Disney/Pixar films. Some interesting characters such as the animal collector but whilst they are shown prominently on the blurb about the film, they barely feature, which is odd. Typical overcoming diversity film which may suit younger children more.

Duronic RCD008/BK Portable Compact Boombox CD Player with FM Radio - Black
Duronic RCD008/BK Portable Compact Boombox CD Player with FM Radio - Black
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Tinny sound, awful radio but fine for childrens audio books, 26 Mar. 2016
Bought for my childrens' bedroom for their audio books. Nice, compact little player which turns itself off once a CD has finished which is nice. Sound is a bit 'tinny' for my liking but my children don't mind. Tuning into the radio is almost impossible with a 'roller-button' style tuner and the aerial only seems happy when you're touching it - otherwise the radio crackles and fades in and out like the old radio stations. For a cheap, children's player, it is absolutely fine but if you're looking for one for an adult, I'd look for something of better quality as you'll soon find this one annoying.

Labyrinth (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [2004]
Labyrinth (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ David Bowie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bowie movie, 26 Mar. 2016
Bought for my 2 young children. They adore the story line and the songs. The characters - even the 'scary' ones - are fun and engaging and the story moves along fast enough for them to keep interested. The 'Bog of Stench' is a firm favourite scene.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20