Profile for JMoore > Reviews

JMoore

It's Called the Easy Life
It's Called the Easy Life

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, 11 Nov 2014
Bought this after hearing the Old Souls album which is excellent. I struggled to believe that this was the same group. The latter is full of quality songs and the vocals are quality. 'Its called the easy life' is, for want of a better word garbage - if you like your music screamed at you without any particular reason in mind then this is a must for you - if you prefer a bit of class then go for Old Souls. The album in question gets a 1* because the system wouldnt accept a zero. Good job it was cheap, wont even get a place in my rack of cds. Avoid

Baptized (Deluxe Version)
Baptized (Deluxe Version)

1.0 out of 5 stars What was he thinking!!!, 25 Sep 2014
Where do I start. This is a huge letdown - the previous albums have improved each time but this has failed to progress Daughtry and his band to the next level. One of the two decent songs on the album ' long live rock and roll' tells of the need for 'big guitars and music for the soul' - unfortunately there isn't a 'big guitar' anywhere on the album and 'soulless' was my first impression of this very weak release. I bought the deluxe addition for the extra tracks - big mistake - the track 'Cinderella' is possibly the worst song I have ever heard - the lyrics and rhyming were embarrassingly bad - gave the whole effort a fair chance with a good number of listens but it got no better and Cinderella just got worse. Daughtry needs to think of the rock fans that got him to where he is now and forget this label pleasing rubbish now - if I wanted pop music I would have gone for a pop act. The next album has to be better than this but I won't be preordering.

Because They Can
Because They Can
Offered by Giant Entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars What the hell is this!!, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Because They Can (Audio CD)
I own 'before the rain' , 'after the rain' and 'lightening strikes twice' and all 3 are top drawer. I read contradicting reviews and chose to believe the positive one of 'because they can'. I blame myself as that reviewer had given 'Chinese democracy' 5 stars which should have been a warning!! This album, to be polite, is very poor - the lyrics are weak, the tunes are very weak and the vocals surprisingly the weakest of all. Pointless and bland have been words used to describe this album and I would have to agree, this isn't any where near as good as the other Nelson albums mentioned and really is one to avoid.

North
North

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back MB20, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: North (Audio CD)
Having liked MB20 since Yourself Or Someone Like You I pre ordered North on Amazon and looked forward to its release.Reading some of the reviews before it arrived I began to fear the worst - How wrong could I have been. Most of the songs could easily find a place on the first 2 albums (the best they have released). There are a couple of songs that disappoint namely Put Your Hands Up which is well below standard and doesnt fit in at all and I Will which passes me by on every listen. Stand out tracks for me are Parade,Overjoyed,How Long,The Way and Radio. Some tracks do try something different but in a MB20 way and for me it works. Its obvious that alot of care and thought has gone into this album.
I always judge an album in that if I had heard it before i bought it, would I still buy it - with North, its a definate yes - a welcome return to form after the release of More than... and the new stuff on Exile... One small criticism is that there isnt much 'Deluxe' in the Deluxe edition - 3 extra songs but a very poor information booklet inside.