Profile for Amateur Triathlete > Reviews

963 - EDZ Merino Liner Gloves
Offered by EDZ Direct
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars warm fingers at last..., 12 Mar 2010
I got these gloves as a baselayer for cycling. Up until now I always had cold fingers when temperatures dropped below 5 degs C and needed a solution. These gloves, used under a thin windproof outer glove, are superb for me. They also have the added benefit of stopping the damp and clammy feel I used to get after a few hours riding when inevitably sweat would build up, especially on hard rides. The ultimate comment is that I no longer worry about, or even notice, cold fingers on my rides and I cant say more than that.

The only reason I didnt give them 5 stars was that they are slightly thicker than I expected. I have some merino baselayer clothing and its really thin. I expected the gloves to be the same, but they are the same thickness as a typical 'old style' knitted wool glove. Not an issue unless you need to have gloves as thin as a silk liner.

Highly recommended

Aqua Sphere Vista Goggles
Aqua Sphere Vista Goggles
Price: 15.00 - 21.70

1.0 out of 5 stars Fog up, then fog up even more..., 4 Jan 2010
This review is from: Aqua Sphere Vista Goggles (Misc.)
I'm an amateur triathlete and swim 2-3 times per week. I had some Seal XP's for years and loved them and couldnt fault them. When they needed replacing I opted for the Vistas for some reason and have been disappointed since.

The first pair would fog so bad I couldnt see out, within 2-3 mins of swiming. I swapped them at the shop for a new pair and these do slightly better and last about 5-10 mins before being impossible, even though I have used the Aqua Sphere anti-fog spray on them. The adjusters for the straps are also poor compared to the earlier Seals as well.

These are so bad I cant take it any more and they are going to be replaced. I recommend a different model.