Profile for Wendy Jones > Reviews

Content by Wendy Jones
Top Reviewer Ranking: 728

Wendy Jones "wjones7423" (Dundee, Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Go Stationery Monochrome A5 Tile Notebook
Go Stationery Monochrome A5 Tile Notebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Notebook, 8 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little notebook. The covers are high quality and the pages thick. I like the brightness of the fastener which blends well with the muted cover of the book. The lines for writing were a little further apart than I personally would have liked, but I can't blame the company for this. It is the right size for me to carry around in my bag and use to jot down notes. Yet it is not that small that it is no use. A good notebook which I can highly recommend.

A Parallel Trust
A Parallel Trust

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Thriller choc full of twists and turns, 5 Feb. 2016
This review is from: A Parallel Trust (Kindle Edition)
Then minute I finished this book I had to leave a review. That is how good it is. Aril, a teenager, finds himself undertaking an exciting geocaching game which take him all over the country. This part of the book itself is thrilling but about a third of the way through, a shocking twist takes game off in a more deadly direction. The tension is ramped up and the action never stops. The book is well written with a tight plot and believable characters. Stoddah is an excellent writer and he uses words to brilliant effect. The surprises never stop coming, almost up to the last page. This is the first book I have read by this author. I am now off to download his other one. This is a book, and an author I can highly recommend.

OS X El Capitan For Dummies
OS X El Capitan For Dummies
by Bob LeVitus

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for Newbie and Seasoned Mac Users, 14 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Being part of the Dummies series this is geared in the first part for those with no knowledge of Mac computers or their operating systems. It starts off with the very basic, what you will see on opening up your computer. It gives a clear outline of the thumbnails at the bottom of the screen and what they are for. For anyone familiar with a Mac this part will, on the whole, not be necessary. Some of the this I wish I had known when I first bought my Mac, but those days have long gone. For those just buying one the beginning of the book will have you up and running in no time. However, if you are a more seasoned Mac user this book is still helpful. Like all Dummies books the explanations and descriptions of what can be done grow more complex as the book progresses. There are some fabulous hints and tips in here which I have found invaluable. There is even a section on using Microsoft Windows on your Mac, should you choose to do so. Overall I would recommend this book for both beginners and experienced Mac users.

Go Stationery Woodland Kraft Owl Exercise Book
Go Stationery Woodland Kraft Owl Exercise Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Functional, 4 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This notebook has a soft cover and is about the thickness and size of the old school notebooks of old. That is where the similarity ends. The cover is brown with beautiful pictures of owls on it. As the notebook is made, and sold, by the woodland trust, the design blends in perfectly with the image of the trust. The money raised form the sale of the books goes to plant trees and restore native woodland. Therefore it is an all round winner. The cover, although soft, is thick and sturdy. The paper is also of a good quality and is lined. I will be using this for notes for future projects in my business.

The Hanging Girl (Department Q 6)
The Hanging Girl (Department Q 6)
by Jussi Adler-Olsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Nordic Noir at its Best, 4 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like the Nordic Noir writers and have read books by many of them. This is a new author to me and I shall definitely be reading books by them again. Department Q headed up by Carl Morck is not your average police department. For a start Carl feels that investigating crimes merely interferes with his usual life of grabbing a nap where he can. The author is a skilled writer, evident by the way in which he can pull you into the story. I almost felt like I was in Denmark right beside the characters. The characters are well drawn and also funny. The story itself rattles along and the twists and turns kept me reading. If you like Nordic Noir then I would highly recommend this one,

ThinkFun Codemaster Game
ThinkFun Codemaster Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Original, 1 Jan. 2016
This review is from: ThinkFun Codemaster Game (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
if you want your child to learn about computer programming then this game will help. There aren't many pieces in the game but this isn't an issue. There are a couple of books to use the game, and also instructions. Initially the instructions are bewildering and it takes some time to get to grips with what you are meant to do. This is why I have given four stars. It starts off with simple programming and moves on to more complex levels so it should entertain for some time. I think younger children would struggle with this. I would say the entry level is about 11 or 12. If you like puzzles then you will enjoy this original game. All kudos to the designer for the concept

Sony MDR-XB70AP Premium In-Ear Extra Bass Headphones with In-Line Remote - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sound Quality, 28 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are an excellent product. They look good right from the get go with professional packaging. Out of the box they continue to appeal. They fit well into the ear and the ear buds do not rub or irritate. The sound quality is excellent. This quality is maintained from low to high volume. You do not need to push the volume up much as the sound is high. There is very little bleed from the ears and they cannot be heard by others. Many earphones of this type sound tinny but this is certainly not the case with these ones. Good earphones at a good price as they do everything which is asked of them.

Strangeways to Oldham (The Belchester Chronicles Book 1)
Strangeways to Oldham (The Belchester Chronicles Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of Fun, 26 Dec. 2015
I picked this quirky book up in the library, never having read anything by this author before. I am glad I did. I loved the main character, Lady Amanda Golightly, who is overbearing, overpowering, loud and funny. She is well drawn, larger than life, and reminds me of many characters from a PG Woodehouse book. In this book she comes across an old school friend, Hugo Cholmondley-Chrichton-Crump and immediately installs him in her home. The pair then set out to solve a mystery, causing havoc along the way. They are ably abetted by Beauchamp, Amanda's butler. The characterisation, scene setting, and action are strong. The mystery is more gentle and, I feel, less important. This did not detract from my overall enjoyment of the book. The reason I have given it four stars was because I felt the ending was a little rushed. The case was solved and I wasn't quite sure how we got there. However, saying that, this book is enjoyable and well worth reading. I will be reading more by this author in the future.

Everyday Paper A4 70gsm 5 reams (5x500 Sheets)
Everyday Paper A4 70gsm 5 reams (5x500 Sheets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for everyday, 21 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite this being an everyday paper it feels and looks a fair quality. Printing is even and both black and white and colour look good on the page. If you are looking for paper at a good price then this will fit the bill.

Creda Vitality Plus 8.5kW White Electric Shower with Twin Terminal Block and Dual Water Entry

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Shower, 9 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On opening the box this looks like a good shower. It looks quality, despite having basic controls. The controls work well and provide a nice hot shower with enough power. It is obviously not a power shower, but in all fairness it is not meant to be. I was happy with the stream of the water and the angle of the spray. With regards to fitting I am neither able, not qualified to do so. This was done by someone with the relevant skills. There were no complaints of it being particularly difficult to fit. It looks good in the cubicle and I get the feeling it is built to last. I would recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20