Profile for Wendy Jones > Reviews

Content by Wendy Jones
Top Reviewer Ranking: 507

Wendy Jones "wjones7423" (Dundee, Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Luceco GU10 5 Watt LED Lamp 370 lm 2700 K Non Dimmable, Warm White
Luceco GU10 5 Watt LED Lamp 370 lm 2700 K Non Dimmable, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bulb, 20 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A good bulb with a nice bright light. Easy to fit and as it is LED saves me money. I would highly recommend

The Invisible Library
The Invisible Library
by Genevieve Cogman

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing Premise Whih works, 18 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Invisible Library (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not usually a lover of fantasy but the storyline of this book intrigued me so I bought it. The idea of a fantasy spy thriller made me want to read it. The storyline is good if a little madcap and the characters are real. It rattled along at a fair old pace and kept me reading. The characters are excellent especially Irene who is larger than life. Fantasy nad spies is not something I would put together but it some how works. This is a good book which I would highly recommend

The Altogether Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman
The Altogether Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman
by Mamen Sanchez

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and engaging, 15 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At first glance it would seem that this book is a Spanish crime novel but you soon find out it is so much more than this. you know the book is going to be good when the Inspector in charge of a missing persons case has changed his name to Manchego rather than the more humdrum (in Spanish quarters) Jandalillo. The inspector is an engaging chap who seems to play fast and loose with giving out privileged information to whomever he likes. Although the storyline had the possibility of being somewhat disjointed, the author holds it all together so well that it flows together and works. The storyline itself is good but the characters are where this book really comes into its own, they are larger than life and appear to be charicatures, but ones which work. The English characters are quinissentially upper class English with myriad eccentricities. The Spanish are flamboyant and the numerous gypsies dark but lovable and over the top. I loved every one of them. The mystery is good, it rattles a long at a fair clip but at the same time is laugh out loud funny. It is a long time since a book has engaged me this much. I would definitely highly recommend.

The Defence
The Defence
by Steve Cavanagh

5.0 out of 5 stars Esoteric but highly readable;e, 7 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Defence (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I say in the title this book is somewhat esoteric but is still a fantastic read. Who would have thought that having a career as both a con artist and a lawyer could be so funny. I love the character of Eddie Flynn who is flawed but interesting and very quick witted. The story is fast paced which I would expect that Eddie has 48 hours to pull off the impossible and save his daughter. It is also full of Russian mobsters which reads to one volatile tale. The action moves along a t a rapid clip and keeps you reading far past the time when you should have put the book down. There is enough tension to keep the most ardent of mystery lovers reading. Overall an excellent book which deserves its 5 star rating and which I could highly recommend.

Zyliss Burger Press with Adjustable Thickness
Zyliss Burger Press with Adjustable Thickness

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but Effective, 7 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is one great little device. As I am on both a gluten free and low fat diet it can be difficult for me to buy burgers and they often cost a fortune. This burger maker has come into it's own and helped immensely. It is compact, simple to use and works like a dream. I merely mix together whatever I want in my burgers, e.g.. mine with chilly or any additive and put into the press. I then twist the lid to the thickness I want and hey presto the burger is ready to be flipped out and used. It is better to put it on top of something which will catch the juices. I have found this out from experience. I have not had a problem with the burgers breaking up which can often happen with homemade burgers. An excellent little gadget which I would highly recommend.

Choosing to Be (The Naomi Chronicles Book 2)
Choosing to Be (The Naomi Chronicles Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars If possible this book is even better than book 1, 5 Dec 2014
At the end of “No Other Choice’, which is the first book in this series I was left wanting more and started reading book 2, “Choosing to Be’ straight away. If possible this book is even better than book 1. It opens when Naomi is feeling very low and feeling as if God had deserted her. She finds herself amongst a group of people who are supporting her in finding a deeper relationship with God. In this book we also get to know more about Naomi's husband Chaz and his background. There are some surprising twists in this book which in some ways give it some measure of tension. However, as I say it is spiritually uplifting. Paula Rose Michelson has a rare gift in that she can bring the scriptures to life in the pages of a work of fiction.

This book touched me as well as gave me enjoyment. It made me think about my faith in new ways. It also made me realize the freedom we have in practicing our faith and the many ways in which we take this for granted. This is a worthy follow up to the first book.

I was given a copy of this book in return for a fair review. My review is based on my reading of and enjoyment of the book.

Verbatim 52609 LED MR16 GU5.3 5.5 Watt 350 lm Light Bulb
Verbatim 52609 LED MR16 GU5.3 5.5 Watt 350 lm Light Bulb

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. Gives a nice bright light which lights ..., 4 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent product. Gives a nice bright light which lights a large area. I am slowly replacing all bulb with LED and I am expecting my electricity usage to decrease significantly. It is too early to say if this product will help with this but I have no reason to believe otherwise. This may be expensive, as are all LED bulbs but I expect it to last longer and therefore be excellent value in the long term

Supa-Fix APX4 Ultra Strength Adhesive and Reinforcing Filling Powders
Supa-Fix APX4 Ultra Strength Adhesive and Reinforcing Filling Powders

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Adhesive and Filler, 2 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was surprised to see how small this pack was when it arrived but don't let the size fool you. Small is definitely mighty in the case of this product. It can be used in a number of ways. Firstly the adhesive can be used on its on to form a strong bond which nothing will break. When it is combined with the powder it provides rock solid filling for small holes and cracks. Only a little is needed to carry out a high class job hence the small size. This is a powerful adhesive and filler which I would highly recommend. Worth the money

Philips SpeedCare Compact Steam Generator Iron GC6631/30 with 170 g Steam Boost and 1.2 Litre Water Tank, 2400 Watt, 4.5 Bar, Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Iron, 28 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was impressed with this right out of the box. It looks professional and I was pleased to see that the reservoir size is slightly smaller than normal. This is good because I found traditional steam generator reservoirs to be far too big and unwieldily. The iron itself is a good size and weight and irons quickly and well. It dealt with all materials and it was easy to adjust the heat setting. The steam part, as one would imagine, is exceptional. It delivers a steady stream of steam throughout. It has a lock function which is useful if you want to carry the steamer anywhere. I am fortunate that this is sitting in a utility room so will not need to be moved. I liked the way the flex can be folded into the generator so that it is not in the way when not using the iron. It does take a little time to straighten out once using but this has not been a big problem. The flex from the generator to the iron is a good length and I had no difficulties in using the full length of the ironing board. I like the fact that it has a calcium build up function. This tells you when it needs to be cleaned and the cleaning function appears easy. It has a plastic reservoir into which you direct the water which comes out during the clean. I have not used this as yet. As I live in Scotland, a very soft water area, I am not sure when I will be using this. However, I am glad it is included as I am sure I will require it at some point. Overall an excellent product which I would say more than justifies its expensive price tag.

Lenovo YOGA 2 8 inch Tablet (Silver) - (Intel Atom Z3745 1.33GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB Memory, Bluetooth, Android 4.4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Tablet, 24 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have taken my time to review this tablet as I wanted to make sure I used most of the features in order to give a well formed view. Out of the box the tablet looks good. It is light and slim and yet durable. It is an unusual shape but this gives a good handhold for the product. It sits in the hand well and does not feel heavy.

After charging and switching the device on you instantly realise the screen is crystal clear. It is very easy to see despite the size. Initially I was worried that the fairly small screen would be difficult to use but this is not the case. The company have made sure everything is as easy to use as possible. This includes links getting larger when you touch them in order to make sure you press the correct link.

Setting up the tablet was seamless and I was using it in no time. There are a number of pre loaded apps some of which are more useful than others. The home screen can be customised easily. I like this level of customisation. The app store is excellent and I have found an app for everything I want to do so far. The camera is easy to use and the pictures are pin sharp. With regards to memory I have found the 16gb to be adequate so far. However there is a memory expansion slot which I am sure I will be using in the future.

On to battery life which is always an important consideration when choosing a tablet. I can assure you the battery life on this tablet is excellent. Whilst I can't give an exact number of hours, with a lot of use it still lasts a few days. I have had no concerns or worries at all.

A couple if things to note which I feel prevents this product being 5 star? Firstly the screen orientation is sluggish in the extreme. There is a distinct delay when moving the tablet. Secondly, because if the unusual shape it so very difficult to get covers for the tablet. Other than these two points this is an excellent tablet which I can highly recommend

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20