Profile for Wendy Jones > Reviews

Content by Wendy Jones
Top Reviewer Ranking: 620
Helpful Votes: 2040

Wendy Jones "wjones7423" (Dundee, Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Forensics: The Anatomy of Crime (Wellcome)
Forensics: The Anatomy of Crime (Wellcome)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and Well Written, 26 July 2015
This book gives a thorough overview of every are of forensics. It manages to provide good detail without going into so much depth it cannot be read or understood. It is a fascinating book. This could be a dry book but the way it is linked to real life cases makes it interesting. I was reading it for research but this book could be read by anyone and still be enjoyed. Val McDermid is a professional, and highly talented, author. This is evident in every page of this book. She has obviously done a great deal of research and the book is realistic. All aspects are backed by the top pathologists of current and previous generations. I loved the historical context as well. The ways in which forensics has grown and developed is fascinating. This is a well written and enjoyable book which I would highly recommend.

Post-it and Scotch Back to School Stationery Pack
Post-it and Scotch Back to School Stationery Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Pack, 24 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little pack, not just for back to School, but for office. It contains four items of stationary, all of which can be expensive if bought individually. This would be useful, not only for kids, but for anyone involved in education, or running an office

Rexel JOY 75 mm A4 Lever Arch File - Blissful Blue
Rexel JOY 75 mm A4 Lever Arch File - Blissful Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, 17 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an obviously high quality file. The cover is sturdy, feels good and is of a high quality. Often in lever arch files there can be a significant amount of bend in the cover. This is not the case with this file. This is a larger file so will hold a lot of notes and/or files. I like the blue color but it also comes in other colors. This would make for easy indexing in any office.

Rexel Joy A4 5 Subject Notebook - Pretty Pink
Rexel Joy A4 5 Subject Notebook - Pretty Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and Useful, 17 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is one of the most versatile, and useful, notebooks I have come across. Right out of the box it looks good, The cover is ofhigh quality and I like the color. It is made of along practice and should withstand the battering that anyone may give it. I travel a lot and I get the impression this would stand any amount of being placed in briefcases and suitcases. There are The notebook is split into 5 sections separated by equally high quality plastic dividers. What makes this notebook stand out is that these dividers also have pockets to hold documents pertaining to the section. There are plenty of sheets of paper in each section. The paper does not feel just quite as high quality as the rest of the notebook but they are thick and easy to write on. I am not saying this is the case but they feel like recycled paper. Overall a very useful notebook for any complex, or multiple, project.

Igenix Liteway LW3257 Small Bayonet Cap Energy Saving LED Candle Lamp 5 W - Opal
Offered by BestBuyUk

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Light, 11 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This arrived well packaged and secure which is the first important thing about receiving a lightbulb through the post. It fits my lamps well and provides a strong bright light. I haven't used it for long enough as yet to say if there is any appreciable difference in my electricity bill. However, given that this is LED I would expect this would be the case. The candle shape means it looks good in the lamps which is an important consideration. A good price for an LED bulb and well worth it.

Bi-Office A1 Frameless Tripod Dryerase Easel - White
Bi-Office A1 Frameless Tripod Dryerase Easel - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Hig Quality, 11 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent product which is obviously high quality. It is fairly lightweight and yet steady when standing. This is important as I will be taking it to different places to use during events and presentations. It is easy to put together and has a tray to hold pens. It can be used as a whiteboard or to hold a flipchart and can easily change between both depending on need. The legs screw into place and the hold well, and as I say hold the easel steady. It does everything it needs and does it well. Highly recommended.

Ibico Basics A4 Light Laminating Pouch (Pack of 100)
Ibico Basics A4 Light Laminating Pouch (Pack of 100)

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional product, 9 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although light these are actually high quality laminates. I have an event coming up so did a couple of laminates to try it out. They went through the laminator with no problems, and looked highly professional when finished. These are meant for indoor use and that's what I will be using them for. If you want outdoor ones then buy the standard version which are heavier and thicker. The are a high quality product which I would have no hesitation in recommending.

Free from Desserts: Pies, Puddings & Ice Creams All Without Dairy, Wheat and Gluten
by Julia Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously Decadent, 8 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a fabulous book. I was put on a gluten free diet for medical reasons 18 months ago and I have been relying on friends to do the baking for me. I wasn't sure what adjustments to make to make the transition to gluten free baking. This book is, therefore, a godsend. It starts of simply by outlining different ingredients and then equipment you may need for most baking situations. Most bakers will already have many of these in their cupboards. However, some, such as baking beans and a pallet knife, I hadn't thought of. It then has a pastry hints and tips section which I found useful. It also gives hints and tips for different types of pastry such as hazelnut and chocolate pate spree. This section should cover most of the pastry you will need for any situation. The book is split into the following sections

Pies and Tarts
Traditional Puddings
Chilled desserts
ice creams and sorbets
Creams and sauces.

As this book is called Free-From Desserts it also takes into account, wheat, gluten and dairy free. There are plenty of recipes packed within it's pages and should have enough desserts to keep most people satisfied for months. The book also looks and feels beautiful. It has a hard backed cover, the pages are thick and the photos beautiful.

Overall a fabulous book which I would highly recommend. This would also make a great present.

Losing Face
Losing Face
by Annie Try

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Book, 6 July 2015
This review is from: Losing Face (Paperback)
This isn't the sort of book I usually read. I am not a fan of YA but I saw this at a conference and liked the premise of the story. I read a couple of pages and was hooked. I am so glad I bought it. I started reading this yesterday and genuinely could not put it down. I kept reading until 2 am when I finally finished it and have thought about it ever since. Try really understands young people and their psyche. She also knows how important body image is to, not only their self esteem, but to their sense of self. Both characters are real and I could just imagine them. I liked the way they grew in confidence as the book progressed. I always found myself wanting to know what happened next. The secondary characters are also real even though not prominent in the story. This is a superb book which I have no hesitation in highly recommending.

Rexel JOY A4 Journal - Pretty Pink
Rexel JOY A4 Journal - Pretty Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 6 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a writer I love this notebook. Firstly it is a vivid pink and this makes it different. Let's face it, I'm a woman and cannot turn down anything which is pink. The notebook itself is sturdy and the cover looks and feels luxurious. The minute you hold it, you know it is a quality product. The elastic which holds it closed is also pink which demonstrates a hitch level of attention to detail. The paper is lined, thick and easy to write on. There is a ribbon which can be used to hold your place. This is a simple and yet useful addition as you don't spend time looking for where you left off. An excellent notebook which is definitely worth the money. Well done Rexel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20