Profile for Wendy Jones > Reviews

Content by Wendy Jones
Top Reviewer Ranking: 528

Wendy Jones "wjones7423" (Dundee, Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Zyliss Digital Multi Timer
Zyliss Digital Multi Timer

4.0 out of 5 stars This product arrived this morning and I really like it already, 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product arrived this morning and I really like it already. It came well packaged and once out of the box, very easy to use. The instruction booklet is easy to follow and within seconds I had set up the time and was using the timers. It has both a clip and a magnet on the back so it can be attached to the fridge, or other metal surface. The clip means that it can be attached to your clothes if you want to take it to another room with you. This is important as the beep of the timer is not very loud. This is the reason I have given it 4 rather than 5 stars. You would not be able to hear this from the kitchen and you were in another room. Otherwise a great little timer which I would highly recommend.

Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 13.0 (PC)
Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 13.0 (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars This programme proved very easy to load and was up and running in about ..., 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This programme proved very easy to load and was up and running in about 20 minutes. This was on a Window's 7 computer. When loaded it look sleek to use and looks like a highly professional programme. The box contains the programme disk and a set of headphones and a mike. These are comfortable to wear and are not overpowering. The problems started when the set up tutorial was used. The first few commands were fine and then the programme refused to recognise a Scottish accent. The choice of accents which you can programme in are few with English Standard, English Australian and English Indian being pretty much it. Despite trying for quite some time the tutorial would not let any Scottish speaker move any further. This was despite using standard English and the words that they recommended. For this reason it is very difficult for me to give this a wholehearted recommendation. Saying that I am not giving up and will continue to attempt to get the Scottish Accent recognised. I have given it three stars as from what I have seen this could be an excellent programme if you can get it to recognise your voice.

QuickBooks Online Essentials, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)
QuickBooks Online Essentials, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Straight away the programme looks good and covers multiple areas, 19 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had access to this for a couple of weeks now. I have been exploring and trying to get used to the programme. It was very simple to set up, intuitive and basically you have to follow instructions. Straight away the programme looks good and covers multiple areas. It is sleek and well set out. The programme is not initially intuitive and it took me a little while to work out how to enter data. However, once I worked this out the programme is fairly easy to use. I would have liked a simpler help programme for first time users as the help menu seems to be aimed at more advanced users. Now that I have got to grips with it's use this is an excellent programme which I am looking forward to exploring further. I can see this being something which will simplify bookkeeping in my newly set up business.

One thing I will say. The price you pay is for a yearly subscription. You need to be very sure this is the programme for you before paying out and setting this up for your accounts. Once you have committed to it's use then you will need to continue to pay the yearly subscription in order to maintain and keep a copy of your records. This, and my initial difficulties in using the programme are why I have given it 4 stars rather than 5.

Other than this, an excellent bookkeeping programme which I would recommend.

Strange Glory: A life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Strange Glory: A life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
by Charles Marsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Insight, 16 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is not a quick read. It is 528 pages long and has fairly small writing. However, every single page is fascinating. This is a detailed and in depth look at the life of Dietrich Bonhoefer. However, this book is fascinating and kept me reading, and reading until I and finished it. The way it is written makes it easy to read and the prose flows well. As well as being the life of Bonhoefer it also works as a historical exposition of life during that time. It is obvious a lot of research has gone into this book to ensure historical accuracy and interest. I enjoyed this book and learnt so much about both Bonhoefer and the times. I would not hesitate to highly recommend.

AEG AG6106WD Li-Ion Handheld Cleaner, 7.2 V
AEG AG6106WD Li-Ion Handheld Cleaner, 7.2 V

5.0 out of 5 stars use easy to dismantle and clean, 16 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow. This handheld hoover is superb. It is powerful, picks up all manner of dirt, use easy to dismantle and clean, and has done all dry jobs asked of it. Although it is a fair size, it is light and easy to carry and manoeuvre. IT gets into tight spots and works on carpets, tiles and laminate. It ties about four hours to charge fully, but works for quite some time before another charge is needed. I actually used it to hoover my whole house, just as a test and it easily managed that. I will say that I have only used it on short pile carpet so cannot say how it would handle longer pile. I am certainly pleased with it and would highly recommend.

Bose ® CineMate 15 Home Cinema Speaker System - Black
Bose ® CineMate 15 Home Cinema Speaker System - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Rich sound, 14 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Being Bose you know this is going to be a quality product. It arrives well packaged and looks sleek right out of the box. The front speaker is unobtrusive and sits just in front of the television. The acoustimass module on the other hand is much larger than I thought it would be. Although I sat it next to my television stand it still stood out quite noticeably. Saying that, it is powerful and gives a good base sound. The overall sound is rich, and the surround sound is particularly noticeable with action movies and music videos.

In order to control the volume, you use the supplied remote control. Although It said you could use it to control the television and sky box, I have not yet worked out how to do this. The television sound needs to be turned right down and the volume is just controlled through the system.

Overall an excellent system. The reason I have given four, rather than five stars, is due to the size of the acoustimass module and the difficulty in setting up the remote in the way in which it is meant to be used. As far as sound is concerned, this is a top notch system which is worthy of the Bose name.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared [DVD]
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Gustafsson

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly entertaining, 9 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have not read the book but having heard great things about it I was looking forward to this film version. In some ways the movie kept me entertained in a Walter Mitty type way. However, I found it to be a bit slow at times. The basic premise of the film is that a man climbs out of the window of his retirement home on his birthday. he then get caught up with a gang and gets into many different implausible situations. The movie is subtitled and this, I think, added to my general feeling of it being a bit slow at times. As I say, entertaining to watch once, but not one I would watch again.

Twitter is Not a Strategy
Twitter is Not a Strategy
by Tom Doctoroff

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Branding Book: Nothing to do with twitter, 1 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The title, and cover, of this book, are somewhat misleading. This has nothing to do with twitter. It is about branding, and it takes you through branding brilliantly. It talks about the history of brands and brands which are expert in the area. Obviously there are many well known brands in here. It starts by taking you through the history of branding which is fascinating. It is also an important part of the branding process. Knowing what worked in the past can help any company look at how the society of the times drives branding. The section on human behaviour is also exceptionally helpful as it talks about consumer psychology. This is an important aspect of developing brand loyalty. Brand Loyalty is in fact the single biggest factor which can make your brand a success. Engagement with consumers is also covered amongst other things.

This is an excellent book which I recommend. It has certainly made me think about my approach to branding and the way I promote my books. The only reason I have given 4 stars, instead of 5, is because of the cover. The old adage of you can always tell a book by it's cover does not hold true in this case. However, ignore that and you will have a very helpful book.

Karin Herzog Essential Mask Hydrating Face Mask 50 ml
Karin Herzog Essential Mask Hydrating Face Mask 50 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Far Too Expensive, 29 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing I have to say is that for the price this product does not look much when it arrives. It is packaged poorly, a small tube bunged into a cheap plastic box, with a small foam brush attached. This is somewhat disappointing. The product itself is easy, if a little slow to apply. It is more runny than I would have expected, however, it applies well. I agree with other reviews that the instructions are somewhat lacking and it is a good job I read other reviews before using as it is difficult to work out to keep away from eyebrows and eyes. Now, on to the product itself. As I say it covers well and takes some time to dry.It tightens as it dries, which is what I would expect from a product such as this. Other reviewers have said it took a bit of effort to rinse off but I did not find this. Is my skin looking better? After a couple of applications I would say so. However, as there is only enough for roughly three applications, I will not be suing this product again. I think it is highly overpriced and not suitable to be used as regularly as the manufacturers would suggest. Therefore overall, I would not be able to recommend unless you have a large disposal income. This is a shame as this and the potential to be a great product

USS Alcatraz (Locust Trilogy)
USS Alcatraz (Locust Trilogy)
by Philip Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Debut Book, 25 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is one of the most fast paced books I have ever read, and I read a lot of books. The tension ratchets up at the beginning and stays there until the last page. It is wall to wall action with a strong storyline and plot. At some points you do need to remember this is fiction and just go with the flow. Artistic license is allowed when writing books. Yes, some of the plot points may be a little implausible but I don't feel this in anyway detracts from the book. The characters were excellent and I found myself drawn to them, liking them and hating them in turn. A strong first book and a great new author For me to read. I look forward to reading the next 2 books in the trilogy. I went to buy them but unfortunately they are not out as yet. I will be buying them as soon as they are
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2014 6:00 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20