Profile for Wendy Jones > Reviews

Content by Wendy Jones
Top Reviewer Ranking: 552

Wendy Jones "wjones7423" (Dundee, Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lenovo YOGA 2 8 inch Tablet (Silver) - (Intel Atom Z3745 1.33GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB Memory, Bluetooth, Android 4.4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Tablet, 24 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have taken my time to review this tablet as I wanted to make sure I used most of the features in order to give a well formed view. Out of the box the tablet looks good. It is light and slim and yet durable. It is an unusual shape but this gives a good handhold for the product. It sits in the hand well and does not feel heavy.

After charging and switching the device on you instantly realise the screen is crystal clear. It is very easy to see despite the size. Initially I was worried that the fairly small screen would be difficult to use but this is not the case. The company have made sure everything is as easy to use as possible. This includes links getting larger when you touch them in order to make sure you press the correct link.

Setting up the tablet was seamless and I was using it in no time. There are a number of pre loaded apps some of which are more useful than others. The home screen can be customised easily. I like this level of customisation. The app store is excellent and I have found an app for everything I want to do so far. The camera is easy to use and the pictures are pin sharp. With regards to memory I have found the 16gb to be adequate so far. However there is a memory expansion slot which I am sure I will be using in the future.

On to battery life which is always an important consideration when choosing a tablet. I can assure you the battery life on this tablet is excellent. Whilst I can't give an exact number of hours, with a lot of use it still lasts a few days. I have had no concerns or worries at all.

A couple if things to note which I feel prevents this product being 5 star? Firstly the screen orientation is sluggish in the extreme. There is a distinct delay when moving the tablet. Secondly, because if the unusual shape it so very difficult to get covers for the tablet. Other than these two points this is an excellent tablet which I can highly recommend

Philips E14 Small Edison Screw 6 Watt LED Dimmable Luster, Warm White
Philips E14 Small Edison Screw 6 Watt LED Dimmable Luster, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great bulb gives a bright yet warm light. Easy to install. Highly recommend

The Vengeance Squad
The Vengeance Squad

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great First Book in the Series, 20 Nov 2014
Although this is a quick book to read it is an enjoyable story. It is a story of tragedy and pain, but also one of hope and redemption. Initially I found the characters a little difficult to care about but as the book progressed I found that I grew to like them and was rooting for them to succeed. The story moves along fairly quickly although it is not an on the edge of your seat type crime book. This, however, is not a problem as it is not intended to be this way. The storyline is good with a strong plot and the resolution of the story is good. It is definitely one I would recommend. The only reason I have given four stars rather than five is that I feel that this is a series which will continue to grow and develop. I think the characters and their motivations will become stronger.

Classic British Comedies The DVD Board Game
Classic British Comedies The DVD Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars I love classic comedy and I was really looking forward to ..., 5 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love classic comedy and I was really looking forward to playing this game. I wasn't disappointed. The game has enough questions to keep things fresh and these are a mix of what I would say were easy medium and hard. These are actually called observational, casual and expert. As the title says these are classic comedy programmed so most children would not have seen the programmes. Therefore they are pretty much limited to the Observational questions. The clips are fun and bring back a lot of memories. They are, however, somewhat slow to load. There are also some instances of bad language so you may not want to play with kids at the younger end of the 8+ spectrum. The two other categories are a bit harder. They rely on you actually having seen the original series. Stil there are questions which can be answered and it is fun recalling the episodes. There are also enough questions that you couldn't win by chance. This is a great game which would make a good present for any comedy fan.

Cobra Attack Game
Cobra Attack Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 29 Oct 2014
This review is from: Cobra Attack Game (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I initially had some reservations on ordering as I thought this game might be quite flimsy. Straight out of the box this is not the case. It certainly looks like the high quality item that it is. The game is simple but lots of fun. The idea is that you move slowly towards the jewel whilst the light is green. When it moves to red you have to stay perfectly still. If the snake notices you moving twice then it jumps out of the basket to attack you. This can give you quite a shock but it is great seeing everyone's reactions. The timing of the red/green light sequence is random so you are never sure when it is going to change. This stops the game becoming repetitive. In fact rather than being repetitive, it is strangely addictive. You just want to keep playing until you get that jewel.

I would highly recommend this product, and given the time of year it would make a fabulous Christmas present.

Bose ® SoundTouch 20 Series II Wi-Fi Music System - Black
Bose ® SoundTouch 20 Series II Wi-Fi Music System - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality System, 29 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Right out of the box you can tell this is a high quality system. It looks beautiful with the sleek lines that one would expect from Bose. The initial set up is fairly easy. You plug it in and then add the Bose SoundTouch App to your phone. Then follow the instructions on the screen. Initially the system needs to download the up to date software and this took about 5 minutes. You then link the system to your phone or iPod and also WiFi. This was done in minutes. In order to find music you go to the explore menu, Pick a genre you like and then a station. You are listening in seconds. Finding UK specific radio stations to preset was a bit more tricky. It took me a while to realise I needed to go to the global menu, Europe, UK. There were then a range of radio stations to browse. Simply drag one you like to the relevant preset button and that's it. All done within about 10 minutes.

In order to set up Air Play for your appal device I actually had to ring the Bose company. They were very helpful and talked me through how to do it. It is easy. You need to open the sound menu on your apple device, click air play. Link it to Bose and the music was playing in seconds.

Once it is set up the system is a breeze to use. It has a remote control or you can work it from your phone or, in my case, iPod. The sound is crystal clear with rich tones. The system is powerful and you get a great sound at low volumes. It does not distort at higher volumes. I didn't try it right up to the top volume as I didn't want to annoy the neighbours, but I get the impression it would still be clear.

Overall an excellent sound system which I would highly recommend. The one thing I will say, is if you are still using CD's it does not have a CD Player. This is not a problem to me as all my music is now digital, but it is something to bear in mind.

Zyliss Digital Multi Timer
Zyliss Digital Multi Timer

4.0 out of 5 stars This product arrived this morning and I really like it already, 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product arrived this morning and I really like it already. It came well packaged and once out of the box, very easy to use. The instruction booklet is easy to follow and within seconds I had set up the time and was using the timers. It has both a clip and a magnet on the back so it can be attached to the fridge, or other metal surface. The clip means that it can be attached to your clothes if you want to take it to another room with you. This is important as the beep of the timer is not very loud. This is the reason I have given it 4 rather than 5 stars. You would not be able to hear this from the kitchen and you were in another room. Otherwise a great little timer which I would highly recommend.

Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 13.0 (PC)
Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 13.0 (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars This programme proved very easy to load and was up and running in about ..., 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This programme proved very easy to load and was up and running in about 20 minutes. This was on a Window's 7 computer. When loaded it look sleek to use and looks like a highly professional programme. The box contains the programme disk and a set of headphones and a mike. These are comfortable to wear and are not overpowering. The problems started when the set up tutorial was used. The first few commands were fine and then the programme refused to recognise a Scottish accent. The choice of accents which you can programme in are few with English Standard, English Australian and English Indian being pretty much it. Despite trying for quite some time the tutorial would not let any Scottish speaker move any further. This was despite using standard English and the words that they recommended. For this reason it is very difficult for me to give this a wholehearted recommendation. Saying that I am not giving up and will continue to attempt to get the Scottish Accent recognised. I have given it three stars as from what I have seen this could be an excellent programme if you can get it to recognise your voice.

QuickBooks Online Essentials, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)
QuickBooks Online Essentials, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Straight away the programme looks good and covers multiple areas, 19 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had access to this for a couple of weeks now. I have been exploring and trying to get used to the programme. It was very simple to set up, intuitive and basically you have to follow instructions. Straight away the programme looks good and covers multiple areas. It is sleek and well set out. The programme is not initially intuitive and it took me a little while to work out how to enter data. However, once I worked this out the programme is fairly easy to use. I would have liked a simpler help programme for first time users as the help menu seems to be aimed at more advanced users. Now that I have got to grips with it's use this is an excellent programme which I am looking forward to exploring further. I can see this being something which will simplify bookkeeping in my newly set up business.

One thing I will say. The price you pay is for a yearly subscription. You need to be very sure this is the programme for you before paying out and setting this up for your accounts. Once you have committed to it's use then you will need to continue to pay the yearly subscription in order to maintain and keep a copy of your records. This, and my initial difficulties in using the programme are why I have given it 4 stars rather than 5.

Other than this, an excellent bookkeeping programme which I would recommend.

Strange Glory: A life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Strange Glory: A life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
by Charles Marsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Insight, 16 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is not a quick read. It is 528 pages long and has fairly small writing. However, every single page is fascinating. This is a detailed and in depth look at the life of Dietrich Bonhoefer. However, this book is fascinating and kept me reading, and reading until I and finished it. The way it is written makes it easy to read and the prose flows well. As well as being the life of Bonhoefer it also works as a historical exposition of life during that time. It is obvious a lot of research has gone into this book to ensure historical accuracy and interest. I enjoyed this book and learnt so much about both Bonhoefer and the times. I would not hesitate to highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20