Profile for Wendy Jones > Reviews

Content by Wendy Jones
Top Reviewer Ranking: 645

Wendy Jones "wjones7423" (Dundee, Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tips For The Sophisticated Marketer: How To Get A Big Payoff With A Small Investment
Price: 2.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but Mighty, 20 July 2014
This book may be small but it packs a real punch for anyne wanting to market without paying out a large amount of money. DeAnna Troupe starts simple and outlines what is meant by the different terms. She then goes on to cover the different methods of free advertising which you can access. These are not gone into in great detail. However, this is not necessary as the approach you take will depend on the nature of your business.

The section on writing a press release is informative and useful. The section on Social Media may be less useful for those who are already familiar with Facebook and Twitter etc. but will be helpful for those fairly new to these sites. The section on video is short but informative. Forums, ezines and places to get free advertising are also covered.

Where this book really comes into its own are the links which are placed within it. These take you to many different sites which support the text and are a wealth of valuable resources. There is even a link to Troupe's free course on advertising. So this book expands way beyond its pages.

I have given the book 4 stars because, although this book is informative and helpful, I found it to be just that bit too short. I was finding it helpful and informative and then it just stoped. In all fairness to the author, this may just be me, as I like my reading material to be longer. Despite this I firmly believe this is a book worth downloading.

I was given this book in exchange for a fair review. At no time was I asked to provide a positive review. My review is based on my reading of the book and is a fair reflection of my views.

Belkin Fusive Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System with Handsfree Calling Microphone - Silver/Black
Price: 91.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Device, 19 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I received this speaker this morning. Straight out of the book it looks good. It comes in an excellent carry case which looks expensive . This provides top notch protection for the speak rand the charging cable. I like the fact that it has a rechargeable battery and you don't have to keep buying batteries, as is the case with many other speakers. The speaker is slim and looks great. The stand is sturdy and held the speaker well. All the controls are on the top, easy to see and to use. Pairing the speaker with my iPod and iPhone proved effortless. Press a button and hey presto they are paired in seconds. I was extremely impressed. The sound is excellent. I put it up quite loud and there was no distortion and everything was crystal clear. Add to that the fact that it is light so you can't ale it anywhere and you have yourself a top notch product. Thank you Belkin and I would highly recommend.

Teach Yourself Visually Complete Mac Pro (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Teach Yourself Visually Complete Mac Pro (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
by Paul McFedries
Price: 19.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource for those New to Mac, 15 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite being an avid apple user I had only switched from PC to Mac in the last year. I wish I and this book when I made the switch as the transition would have been much faster. Whilst, in many ways, Mac is intuitive, I still found myself searching online for the answers to many questions on how to do things. This was time consuming and often meant I had to trawl through a lot of information to actually get what I wanted. This brings all the information I would have needed, and more, under one umbrella.

The book starts with the basics starting with such things as the OX screen and the dock. It then takes you through every possible thing you would need to know to use a Mac, finishing with Adding windows to a Mac. Now I am not sure why one would want to do that, but should you wish to it is all there. The book uses visuals and screenshots to great effect meaning that it is very easy to follow any directions.

There are many things in this book which I already knew how to do. However, there are also many things which will be helpful, or could be helpful in the future. If you are a new Mac user then I would highly recommend this book. If you are an experienced Mac user it may not be quite so useful. I am certainly glad I got it, and as I say would have liked it earlier in my Mac experience.

Delivering Effective Social Customer Service: How to Redefine the Way You Manage Customer Experience and Your Corporate Reputation
by Martin Hill-Wilson
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Business Should Read this, 15 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In the world today individuals, and companies, are becoming ever more social. The interaction from customers is now worldwide, and due to the advance of social media, customers can air their views worldwide. It is therefore highly important that customer service , in the social media world is seen as effective. This book is designed to help us do that. The book can be used in two ways. You can either read cover to cover, or, dip into it to use some of the areas immediately. Should you wish to do the latter, then the authors have highlighted what they feel are the most important areas with which to state. The first chapter sets the scene and chapter two sets out how you can understand the customer in this, as yet, fairly new marketplace.

The book then progresses, with each chapter discussing a different aspect of social customer service. It does so in a clear and intuitive way. The case studies which are used to support the discussion are excellent. These serve to put the discussion into context and highlight how it works in practice.

This is an excellent book which I would highly recommend. It is well written, well set out and jam packed full of advice and information.

Spree
Spree
by Michael Morley
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Absolutely Gripping, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Spree (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was busy so held of reading this book for a few weeks. That turned out to be a mistake. This is honestly one of the best Thriller/Mysteries I have read. I love the characters of Jake Motram and Angie Holmes, who are a formidable combination. They are portrayed almost as real people with the insecurities that come along with merely being human. In this book they are having some problems in their relationship. This plays a part in the book but is very firmly linked to the plot.

There is a madman on the loose who is randomly killing people in large massacres. hence the title Spree. There is a lot of controversy over whether this is a spree or a serial killer and this adds to the tension, not only of the plot, but in the aforementioned relationship. There are so many twists and turns in this book you wonder how you will ever find your way back, or even to the end. The book i alike negotiating Hampton Court Maze wearing a blindfold. The action is non stop and this keeps you reading long after you should have put the book down for the night. There are several shocks which keep you wondering until the ned of the book. The plot is tied up expertly at the end and the tension is kept up right to the last page.This book gives added edge to the phrase page turner.

This is a book which I would recommend everyone to read if you like mysteries with non stop action and plenty of surprises. The book is worth every penny you will pay for it.

Mr Muscle Oxy Stain Remover Fresh Scent
Mr Muscle Oxy Stain Remover Fresh Scent
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 12 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent product. It comes in a large bottle so will last a long time. It is easy to use as you just spray and leave. It has a pleasant scent which immediately covers up the smell of the urine. However, where it comes in to its own is when the oxy action starts to work to break down the odour. As many people have noted, it works most effectively on fairly fresh stains. However, On the whole this is not a problem as most people would want the stains to be removed fairly quickly anyway. This is a great product, by a renound company, which I would highly recommend. It is a great addition to the Mr Muscle range of products

CoverTop LCBLACK156 Universal Shock Protection Pure Silicone Cover Jacket 15.6 inch Laptop
Price: 19.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Could not get it on laptop, 12 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product looks good and with the way in which it is designed I am sure it would offer excellent protection. However, I was unable to fit it to three different 15 inch laptops which means the product is actually not fit for purpose. Not matter which way it was tried it would not fit.

VEO Red Ultra Slim Full Body Smart Case Cover for The New iPad Air (iPad 5, 5th Generation released November 1st 2013) with Full Sleep Wake compatibility
Offered by Purplemoose007
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover for the price, 2 July 2014
Great cover for the price. Fits the iPad Air well and offers great protection. The sleep/wake function works perfectly. Good colour and does not look tacky. I would definitely recommend

The Reckoning (Inspector Madden Series)
The Reckoning (Inspector Madden Series)
by Rennie Airth
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Evocative and Absorbing, 28 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Right from the first page this turned out to be a book which drew me right in and kept me reading. Set in the early 1950's not long after the Second World War, this mystery is evocative of the times. A murder has taken place in the usually quiet Surrey countryside. Despite having retired, ex Met police officer John Madden finds himself right at the heart of the investigation. This is not an on the edge of your seat type thriller, but it is still, somehow, absorbing. The picture of the times is described so vividly I could almost feel the chill of the London fog surrounding me. The setting adds to the mystery. The characters are excellent and I could just imagine the characters who made up the poise during that time. The war obviously plays a large part as people are still living in it's looming aftermath.

John Madden is an excellent character and I am sorry I have not come across him before. This is the first book I have read in the series although it is actually the fourth. I will waste no time in getting the first three in the series, and in fact I am off to do so now. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. A new, to me, author and one I will certainly look out for in the future.

Sony CMT-X7CD All-In-One Bluetooth Audio System with NFC - White
Sony CMT-X7CD All-In-One Bluetooth Audio System with NFC - White
Price: 260.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Top Rate Product, 26 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Straight out of the box this product looks sleek and professional. The equipment inside the box is minimal. It contains, the unit, an electric lead, an ariel, a remote control, and instructions. Please do not let this simplicity fool you. This is one outstanding and highly professional piece of kit. It does everything you need form an audio system and more.

Setting the unit up is simple. You merely plug it in, pull a piece of plastic out of the remote, and attach the ariel. It is then ready to go. It switches on in seconds. Tuning it in takes a little longer.I started by tuning it in to Bluetooth from my iPod. There are a set of quick instructions and following these was simple. One important point is that you need to follow all the steps in the instructions exactly or it will not tune in. Once I had grasped this it was fairly quick to get bluetooth up and running.You have to download an app called songpal to your mobile phone, or iPod or iPad. This can then be used to play music from iTunes or spottify.

Tuning in the radio is a little lessee intuitive. You need to use the buttons on the unit itself rather than the remote, to move between stations. This is not clear in the instructions. However, once I had worked this out, I had preprogrammed 20 stations in a matter of seconds. One thing to note is that you need to do an initial scan to find the stations.

I have also tuned this in to my iMac so I can play music through Airplay. This works seamlessly and is easy to set up. You do, however, have to make sure that homesharing is active on your mac.

Now to using the unit as a stereo. Once everything is tuned it it is simple to work. Everything can be done through the remote control. Moving between radio stations is simple and iTunes and Spotify work just as easily. The sound is crystal clear and does not distort, even when the unit is played loud. In the interests of not annoying the neighbours, I did not put it up to full volume, but the sound is powerful even at the lower levels. The sound is of top quality whatever, the genre of music and whatever way you play it. The CD player is unobtrusive with the CD sliding into a very slim notch on the top of the unit.

The display unit is on the top of the unit so it does no break up the sleek lines of the front of the unit. It means you do have to stand by the unit if you wish to read it but tho is a minor inconvenience given the beauty and the usefulness of the stereo.

I realise that everything I have spoken about here today is regarding linking Apple products. However, this is a Sony product and it is designed to work seamlessly with both Android and Apple products. I am sure the set up is even more intuitive on Android. Instructions are given for both. This is a top notch piece of kit which I would more than highly recommend. Congratulations to Sony for it's production, design and intuitive simplicity

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20