Profile for N. H. Pigott > Reviews

Content by N. H. Pigott

N. H. Pigott (Leicester, England)

The Comedians - Series 1-7 - Complete [DVD] [1971]
The Comedians - Series 1-7 - Complete [DVD] [1971]
Dvd ~ Dave Warwick

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't play properly., 19 Jun. 2013
I bought this DVD box set so that - like all the previous DVDs I have bought on Amazon - I could play it in the car. However, not one of the seven discs would play and my machine simply rejected them with the word 'Error'. There was nothing wrong with the car player as it played other discs perfectly, so I put the Comedians discs into the PC in the house. This did play them, after a lot of fiddling with various software packages - but the point is that I don't WANT to listen to them in the house, I want to listen to them in the car!
I was uncertain whether to return them or not as, technically, there is nothing wrong with them, it's just that they are totally incompatible with certain players and therefore utterly useless to me! Please could you advise on why these Amazon DVDs won't play but all your others will?
Many thanks.

The Battle for Manchester: The Rivalry Between Manchester City and Manchester United
by Jon Reeves

5.0 out of 5 stars WELL-WRITTEN BOOK, 19 Dec. 2012
This is an excellent, well-written and informative book putting the many clashes between the two clubs into context with supplementary information, such as a list of players who have turned out for both sides over the years.