Profile for SB > Reviews

Content by SB

SB

Canon PIXMA MG4250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex)
Offered by Elcom Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Drinks The Ink, 15 Jan 2014
This printer was cheap to purchase but we're spending £35.00 per month for new ink as it constantly runs out. You can't purchase compatible cartridges meaning you have to shell out for genuine Canon ink that doesn't last more than 30 days for casual day to day use in a small office of 2 people.

Would not recommend unless you like buying new ink every month and it doesn't casually run out. It prints fine until one day it refuses to print blank at all and you're stuck until you purchase new ink.

Canon PG-540XL Ink Cartridge - Black
Canon PG-540XL Ink Cartridge - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Ink Lasts Barely A Month, 15 Jan 2014
Purchased an XL cartridge for the Canon MG4250 after previous cartridges barely lasted a month and this one is no better. Absolute rip off constantly feeding ink into this printer. Casual day to day usage in a small office and ink doesn't last a month. Having used two other brands of printer this by far the worst use of ink we've encountered.

TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter Starter Kit- Twin Pack
TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter Starter Kit- Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars These are superb, 12 Dec 2013
I bought these to extend my wired network upstairs. My wireless network just doesn't get through the thick stones walls of our house.

These are easy to set up in 2 minutes, no fuss. Great value, great product.

Saves drilling through walls and ripping up floors to lay ethernet cables. Genius really, well worth the $$ and they are so much more expensive in the UK high street. £50 at my local retail park PC World/Curries

Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch
Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch

3.0 out of 5 stars problems, 31 Jan 2013
I bought this back in 2011 and it has sat in its box. When I installed the software and the used the device I could not get it to work. Im using Cs5 on iMac27. Tried several times and gave up. It powers up but the pad does not respond to the pen. Tried preferences, restarts, all USB ports (not on my hub) etc.

Although I am inclined to say its user error I must add that I am a heavy technology and computer user. Anyone else have these problems or is my unit bust? Too late now for a refund so its ebay for my Bamboo

Cheers
Stevie

Military Low-Flying in the UK: The Skill of Pilots and Photographers
Military Low-Flying in the UK: The Skill of Pilots and Photographers
by Michael Leek

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up, 12 April 2012
If you are into Low Flying Jets and photography I think this is an essential book. its packed full of useful information and it also has some great photos too. It really is for the low fly aviation enthusiasts though.

Cheers
StevieBeats.co.uk

Decrescent Mains Home Charger for Apple iPod/iPhone - White
Decrescent Mains Home Charger for Apple iPod/iPhone - White
Offered by Decrescent

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, I have had 2, both failed, 14 Feb 2012
Bought this to avoid being robbed by Apple for a new charge plug for iPhone 3Gs. Bought 2 of these as they are handy for travel. They took a month to arrive which is insane. BOTH UNITS DO NOT WORK, THEY WORKED FOR A WEEK OR SO - DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

Task Force Black: The explosive true story of the SAS and the secret war in Iraq
by Mark Urban

5.0 out of 5 stars A real look into UK and US Special Forces Operations in Post-Invasion Iraq 2003+, 11 Mar 2011
A really interesting insight into what was going on in the 2003 Iraq war (post invasion).

If like me you got sick of seeing and hearing the same old government press releases via 24 hour news about the events then this book shows what some of the special forces and intelligence departments were doing.

The use of mobile technology and JSTARS to locate and track targets was very interesting and reveals much about the kind of war that was happening in Iraq. It also lends some inside information on how the military machine fights terrorists and other groups. 'Asymmetrical Warfare' I think was Donald Rumsfeld's description of it, maybe this is it?

The book also reveals many of the shortcomings of the military strategy in Iraq alongside the mismanagement of special forces unique abilities. It also reveals the success and near miss of some of these SF operations and the hunt for some of the worst terrorists we have ever seen.

This is the best book on modern special forces warfare I have read so far and it is highly recommended. I got through this in no time.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Raincover Review, 4 Aug 2010
Too small for my Lowepro rucksack, should have got the bigger one. First item got lost in the post, called them up and they sent a new one which arrived within 2 days. Great service.