Profile for booksandbeautylover > Reviews

Liquid Neutrogena Pure Mild Facial Cleanser 150ml pump
Liquid Neutrogena Pure Mild Facial Cleanser 150ml pump
Offered by 24 Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cleanser for sensitive/dry skin, 7 April 2016
This is a fantastic cleanser for a very reasonable price. I bought it after I saw someone recommending it for sensitive skin and it does do the job. It is indeed great for sensitive skin and so far is the best cleanser I've tried which removes all make-up, while leaving the skin soft and not-irritated. It has also pleasant structure and smell, but most importantly, this is the best match for sensitive and dry skin.

Stalin's Englishman: The Lives of Guy Burgess
Stalin's Englishman: The Lives of Guy Burgess
by Andrew Lownie

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing biography with great psychological insights, 9 Nov. 2015
I got this book because I grew up in Russia and was interested in knowing more about the life of a famous spy who was recruited by the former Soviet Union's secret forces.
This book came as a huge surprise: first, because I didn't expect to be so hooked on it, and second, because of its incredible psychological narrative. As with so many biographies I thought of missing some bits, reading what I was interested in, come to the conclusion (obviously, not shared here, in order not to spoil the pleasure of reading the book). But all this was gone away as a plan when I started reading it. One can't put it down, and I spent days on reading it, so interesting it is. It doesn't read as a biography, it reads more as a spy novel and as a fascinating account of British grammar schools, political arena in Cambridge, as a deeply, sometimes disturbing psychological insight into a character of a person. I don't think that anyone has ever written an explanation as to why some people become as they are, including betraying their own country, and in this book, you will find the answers. The webs of politics are intertwined with stories of difficult childhood, strange family relationships, unusual personalities and choices that we make in our lives not even because of some political aspirations but because of the thrill of life, because of some 'disturbances' in a human psyche. I praise Andrew Lownie as a brilliant researcher and as an incredible narrator of the character of a person.
It is a masterpiece for a psychologist, an ordinary reader, an avid researcher, or anyone who wants a glimpse into the psyche of a human soul.

Bourjois Powder Brush
Bourjois Powder Brush

2.0 out of 5 stars bad quality, 4 May 2015
not good. The brush doesn't take enough powder and then leaves patches all over the face.

Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System
Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System
Offered by Perks

2.0 out of 5 stars the electric cleansers are overrated, 4 May 2015
these cleansers are overrated. They irritate the skin, as it is too rough for the surface and if you are not too careful and approach the brush too close to your hairline, it can also remove the hair, which happened to me. It was so fast that there was no way to stop it on time and now I have to regrow some hair on my head!

COCOIS COCONUT OIL COMPOUND - 40 G
COCOIS COCONUT OIL COMPOUND - 40 G
Offered by Activecare Online

2.0 out of 5 stars afwul smell which stays!, 4 May 2015
the product is very greasy with absolutely awful smell which lingers even after several washes with shampoo. I use now fushi scalp relief which helps and L'Oreal nature range for problems with the scalp.

L'Oreal Age Perfect Intense Nutrition Repairing Eye Balm 15 ml
L'Oreal Age Perfect Intense Nutrition Repairing Eye Balm 15 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars doesn't sink properly in, 4 May 2015
The problem with this cream is that it sits on the surface without sinking properly in. I prefer the revitalift range of l'oreal

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment 75ml / 2.3oz

5.0 out of 5 stars great hand-cream, 4 May 2015
This is the best hand-cream on the market, in my opinion. It doesn't have any additives like perfume and makes the hands soft and nice.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 May 2015
great trousers which fit well. My boyfriend was very happy

Anti-Ageing by L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Intensive Re-Nourish Serum 30ml
Anti-Ageing by L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Intensive Re-Nourish Serum 30ml
Offered by csc bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars great serum for sensitive, dry skin, 4 May 2015
This is one of the best serums I've ever tried. It does wonders for dry, sensitive skin. Since using this serum, the condition of my skin improved dramatically, in a matter of a month. The only minus is that when you reach to the end, the pipette doesn't get any product and you need to reverse the bottle to get the serum out. It would be even better with a dispenser. But overall, this is amazing serum.

L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Re-Plumper Night Cream 50ml
L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Re-Plumper Night Cream 50ml
Offered by TheCosmeticsShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cream!, 6 April 2015
This cream is a perfect example that one doesn't need to pay a fortune to get the desired results. I used to buy expensive brands and never seemed to resolve problems with my skin (dry and sensitive). Since I switched to L'Oreal and its collagen creams, my skin is soft, rested, with no dry patches and looks really radiant! I use it in combination with Age Perfect Serum, also by L'Oreal and my skin never looked better!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8