Profile for ALEX GARNET > Reviews

Content by ALEX GARNET

ALEX GARNET "ALEX G" (BRIGHTON SUSSEX)

Linksys RE1000 Universal Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wireless Signal Booster (Easy Setup, WPS Function, Ethernet Port, Flexible Placement)
Offered by BESTBUYIT

1.0 out of 5 stars Getting Nowhere, 29 Oct. 2013
Linksys RS 1000 Wireless-N Range Extender: Opened the box two hours ago. I have not progressed at all. Our broadband is supplied by Virgin. The instructions and disc from Linskys are useless. I may have not grasped something so I will report back later but I just wish things were much simpler.
Alex Thomas.

The Dark Heart of Italy
The Dark Heart of Italy
by Tobias Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 21 April 2013
My mother is Italian and I was fortunate enough to spend most of my school holidays ( six weeks annually) in Pesaro. In the late 1950's flying was a luxury but my dad worked for B.E.A. I loved the italians their food and way of life. But as you grow up you start to question and it was obvious there was and is a very dark side. This is an invaluable book and I recommend it highly.

Samsung YP-U3JQB - MP3 Player - 2GB - Black
Samsung YP-U3JQB - MP3 Player - 2GB - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars samsung yp-u3 jqb mp3 player, 14 Mar. 2013
Like some other reviewers I found this mp3 player's controls too sensitive. However I soon got used to them. All in all I must have
used the Samsung Media Studio three times, erasing then adding new tracks to the player. We bought a new computer last year.
Yesterday I tried connecting the Samsung to the computer. The computer didn't recognise the usb device {I still use Windows xp}. It seems there is a drive or firmware missing. I contacted Samsung U.K. and they suggested I post the player to a company in Birmingham. I am not happy with this and I have started using my personal cd player again.
This experiencs puts me off using compressed technology. I own a Brennan (500gb) and I am delighted with it. But I can assure you that I will not heed my friends and my partners advice to dispense with my cd collection (900 + and still buying).
I like tactile media and I am not going to change anytime soon. So there.
Alex Thomas
Update on 20.04.13 My apologies to Samsung. The player was not at fault. The computer's usb ports failed. I should have tried using a usb stick or another device. They are all working now and I haven't a clue why they malfunctioned. Alex

Remember
Remember

5.0 out of 5 stars at last !, 13 April 2007
This review is from: Remember (Audio CD)
Like another reviewer i persuaded others to accompany me to see Doll By Doll and their reaction was the same. Unfortunately one was our lead guitarist and the other our drummer. That night,at the famous Marquee i knew that i the singer had to leave the band. They were unhappy there was no encore and they couldn`t see the point of the strobe lights used to great effect as Doll By Doll left the stage one by one in semi darkness. The performance was dark and overwhelming. The Marquee was the last time i saw them. The bass player was new. He looked Italian and with his patterned white shirt and theatrical performance looked out of place. I had seen them twice before at the Red Cow in Hammersmith but i cannot remember where i saw them the third time. I bought Remember the album with the French Surrealist Antonin Artaud on the cover and played it,always on my own, many times. I still have it, but it has seen better days. The only other gig that came close was The Members at The Nashville Rooms in West Kensington. Ah!those were the days. Like many a great pub venue on The Albion Circuit it`s now a bistro for genteel folk:The Fulham Golden Lion anyone? Well it`s great to have it on cd and Gypsy Blood is great too. AlexG.