Profile for VintageFan83 > Reviews

Content by VintageFan83

VintageFan83 "tom61409" (United Kingdom)

Dad's Army: BBC1 Series - The Complete Seasons 1-9 Collection + DVD Exclusive Christmas Specials (14 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly wonderful vintage BBC comedy., 30 Mar. 2014
Dad's Army was & still is a wonderfully created BBC comedy series,star performances from all the actors involved,as well as being very well written by Jimmy Perry & David Croft.
I was born in 1983,so unfortunately I missed the initial run of the show,but since then I have rewatched various repeats of episodes from the mid-late 80's & beyond & have become a massive fan of the series & I'm so happy to own the complete boxset.
There are many fine episodes,it's still a shame that there are 3 still missing from the BBC archives,but some of my favourite episodes out of all the ones available & choosing 10 off the top of my head,the ones I especially love to watch again & again are The Armoured Might Of Lance Corporal Jones,The Day The Balloon Went Up,Menace From The Deep,No Spring For Frazer,Sons Of The Sea,The Test,Fallen Idol,The Royal Train,My British Buddy & of course The Deadly Attachment (who could ever forget that great line "Don't Tell Him Pike")
This classic comedy can be enjoyed my the young like myself,as well as the old & of course it would be appropriate for children to watch too,so it really does appeal to all generations,marvellous series.