Profile for BerlinerPooh > Reviews

Craghoppers Miska Half Zip Women's Microfleece
Craghoppers Miska Half Zip Women's Microfleece
Price: 8.01 - 24.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 4 Mar 2013
I ordered two of these in Black and Sea Salt (Ivory) and am very happy with them. The fleece fabric is lightweight but not flimsy and extremely soft, like velvet and the cut is very flattering. I usually wear men's fleeces as they are more generous than women's that tend to be too narrow and short in my size but end up having to shorten the arms. These are just right, not too baggy, the arm length is good and the length goes just past my hips. I am 1.55m tall and usually wear a UK12 in tops. I ordered a 14 so they would fit over a T-shirt and I it works great.

I haven't washed them yet but don't expect any problems. Highly recommended!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely shoes!, 19 Feb 2013
Clarks is a well known and respected brand of shoes and this is the first pair I have bought since I was at school in the UK many many years ago. Still the same standard and workmanship I remember! Although I usually wear a UK size 3.5 in good quality shoes (like Gabor etc) I decided to order a UK4 because my feet can swell up in summer. I find they just fit me and it's still cold, so quite a snug size 4 I would say! The colour is a rich tan shade which is so difficult to find these days. The fit is good, no rubbing or sore spots and very comfortable for walking around town. Will try to get more Clarks in future!

Bose  Companion  20 Multimedia Speaker System
Bose Companion 20 Multimedia Speaker System
Price: 199.95

2.0 out of 5 stars More bass than my ears can tolerate!, 10 Oct 2012
I purchased these from Amazon to replace a set of Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II Multimedia Speakers because I found they lacked the sound clarity I was looking for.

While I am not an "expert" when it comes to breaking down sound specs, I am not deliriously happy with the Bose set considering the price tag. Yes, the design is sleek and they are very compact for the amount of noise they make! I love listening to everything from House music to classics but just cannot seem to enjoy anything that comes out of these. The bass is too deep, muffled and overbearing to allow anything else of consequence to come through and as a result, I cannot bear to listen to them for very long ... it's exhausting. Have tried them in every room in the house, near walls, away from walls, on wood, metal and every surface I can think of; all I can hear is boom boom boom. Next to the PC, forget about it! There is no way to adjust the bass/treble on these at all and even disabling every enhancement on my Sony MP3 player and graphic equaliser on the PC makes not the slightest difference. I have the exact same problem with my Bose headphones but though they are super comfortable to wear, I get a headache within minutes because of the excessive bass. My very first PC came with Creative Soundworks 2.1 speaker set and have yet to hear anything that comes even close to them in terms of desktop speakers!

Sight Station Bengal Brown Reading Glasses Strength 1
Sight Station Bengal Brown Reading Glasses Strength 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average reading glasses!, 9 Sep 2012
This is my second pair from Sight Station and am very pleased with the quality! Although lightweight and small, they are not at all flimsy. They are attractive and do make a bold statement; the slim suedette pouch is very nice and matches exactly! Highly recommended.

Original Suncase  / Custom made for Samsung Galaxy S Plus - i9001 / Genuine Leather Case / Cover / Quality Slip Pouch / Soft Phone Bag / with Pull Tab (Premium Quality) CROCO-WHITE
Original Suncase / Custom made for Samsung Galaxy S Plus - i9001 / Genuine Leather Case / Cover / Quality Slip Pouch / Soft Phone Bag / with Pull Tab (Premium Quality) CROCO-WHITE
Offered by Trendcell Germany/packages fully insured
Price: 11.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, 30 May 2012
I received a white Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 as a gift from my husband with this case to match. It is beautifully made in lovely quality leather, perfect stitching and finish. I like that it has 4 little holes in the lower right corner (not visible in the pics) which allow you to hear the phone better when it is ringing whilst in the cover. I purchased a Suncase in the past for my old Samsung S5230 Star and the brand seems to be consistent with quality.

The phone fits in very well and is easy to remove with the pull up strip. However, it does slide a bit too easily and can fall out if you happen to lift it upside down; I've had a couple of near misses. Perhaps this Samsung phone is too slippery (I have trouble holding on to it sometimes) or the leather has stretched a little bit. I was thinking of getting some sort of back cover to make the phone fit more snugly in the case. I do really like it and I think Suncases look very smart and can recommend this case. Just don't turn it up-side-down!

CAPTAIN HADDOCK PORTRAIT T-SHIRT FROM THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN
CAPTAIN HADDOCK PORTRAIT T-SHIRT FROM THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN
Offered by Moulinsart
Price: 18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer!, 2 May 2012
I was so very pleased to see these familiar designs for sale via Amazon! I bought a few like this in the past when travelling via Brussels Airport and was hoping to find them again. Very nice quality cotton T-shirts (made in Portugal), good digital printing and generous in size.

Yes, they are a wee bit expensive but being a 45 year old Tintin fan I appreciate Herge's original books from my childhood over the new CGI movie graphics and think they are well worth the price.

I hope the Tintin shop start selling some of the black ones and offering more adult sizes too :o)

Sight Station Persia Henna Reading Glasses Strength 1
Sight Station Persia Henna Reading Glasses Strength 1
Price: 11.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, 2 May 2012
For this price I was not expecting much better than your average drug-store reading glasses but these are actually really nice! The lenses seem to be of good quality although I haven't put them through one of my reading marathon tests. Cheap specs give me a terrible headache when I read for hours! I bought them for my handbag and they fit the bill; very handy for shopping, lightweight and slim and come in an attractive design matching suede type pouch with pull strings. As the previous reviewer mentioned it is a bit of a tight squeeze so need to take care not to break the glasses. The glasses themselves are well made and attractive. I ordered Persia Gold and they are quite a bit more yellow than the pic suggests. For the current discounted price though they are very reasonable and I will be checking the other designs!

About Eyes SR504 400 UV Protection Bifocal Reading Sunglasses - Strength +1.00 with Colour Coordinated Pouch
Price: 10.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea!!!, 2 May 2012
I ordered these so I can sit in the garden on a sunny day without having to choose to squint with reading glasses or stretch my arms with sunglasses! The glasses do look rather nice on and the bifocal bit is ok to read. I haven't used them to study for hours but I think they are fine for occasional use. However, they are not as darkly tinted as my regular sunglasses and am not sure how well they will perform on a beach with all the sun glare from sea and sand. I will be looking again for a different brand but these will do for now.

Columbia Women's Shastalavista Omni-tech W Hiking Shoe
Columbia Women's Shastalavista Omni-tech W Hiking Shoe

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value but ..., 8 Feb 2012
I purchased these shoes from Amazon (in mud/limonata) unseen and untried as I needed something to wear for gorilla trekking and did not have the time or patience to look in the shops. It was recommended that I wear something on my feet that was water resistant, flexible but tough and not too high up the ankle.

Although sturdy these are surprisingly light for hiking shoes. They do look good and are comfortable to wear ... once you remove the insoles :o( I ordered a size EU38 when I normally wear 37 but they only just fit with hiking socks. The insoles would have provided a bit more support I think. Ideally I would have needed a 38.5 or even 39 with thick socks.

Wore them from 4:00 in the morning, through the midday heat until later in the evening and no fatigue, no blisters, no sweat! They performed very well walking uphill on crumbly gravel, over slippery rocks, muddy slopes and wet grass. However ... looking for gorillas involves clambering through all kinds of terrain and these were hopeless once we got into dense rain forest. The laces are too smooth, too long and come undone very quickly even with double or triple knots. I tried to tuck them in as much as possible but they got caught up in roots, undergrowth and branches all the time while the rangers attempted to free me! This made them loose and I had to keep stopping to tie everything up again. More than once I ended up standing on fire ants and that was not fun at all, they bite.

All in all a good shoe specially for the price. Need to order at least one size up and avoid jungles!

ROC Retin-Ox Rides Correxion Serum (Anti-Rides Intensif)
ROC Retin-Ox Rides Correxion Serum (Anti-Rides Intensif)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended!, 22 Dec 2011
I have been using RoC products for many years and am very fond of their (effective) retinol based serums, but not this one! When I opened the product the first time I thought it had gone off. There was no smell but the colour was a horrid turmeric yellow, the likes of which I have never seen in a beauty product. I decided to give it a go for a few nights thinking it would sink in eventually but I just ended up looking jaundiced. How can they recommend using this during the day??? After application my fingers looked like fake tan gone wrong and took ages to scrub off. The stains do not wash out of clothing, ruined two sleeping Ts and pillow cases! I threw it away in the end because it belongs in the bin :o(

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4