Profile for BB21738546 > Reviews

Content by BB21738546

BB21738546

The Vampire's Assistant (The Saga of Darren Shan, Book 2)
The Vampire's Assistant (The Saga of Darren Shan, Book 2)
by Darren Shan

2.0 out of 5 stars I dislike it, 12 Dec. 2012
I love vampire books... scary, traditional, modern, romantic, beastly... but I just couldn't make myself to finish this book. I didn't even get very far. I had read the first part and this book was my goal, but it's just not for me. It's the first for me to dislike a vampire book. :/

Kingston Technology 16GB DataTraveler  USB 2 GE9 DTGE9/16GB with Gold Metal Casing
Kingston Technology 16GB DataTraveler USB 2 GE9 DTGE9/16GB with Gold Metal Casing

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost too small, 12 Dec. 2012
I have one in silver colour and it's great. Wonderful modern and sleek design. However, I must say it's almost too small! I had to attach a piece of string (or keyring) to it, not to lose it... which does kinda take away from the fanciness of it. Duh. Next time I think a bit larger USB stick will be my choice. I love the fact you don't need a cap though, but it's bit weird when the whole thing goes into the port and you can't be sure how deep to push it.

Happy Pet Willow Tube, Large
Happy Pet Willow Tube, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars My bunnies love these tubes, 12 Dec. 2012
My bunnies love these tubes. The quality of the willow used seems to sometimes vary. Two tubes bought at the same time may be quite different. The colour, thickness and *taste* of the willow varies and sometimes the tunnels are "stripey", sometimes not. The tunnel itself is always the same size though.

I once got 2 tubes at the same time of which one my bunnies devoured very fast (in just a few weeks or a month), while the other one was stripey and clearly consisted of two different kinds of willow (thick and light, and dark and thin). My bunnies only ate the thinner, darker stripes - same that the other tunnel was fully made of.

It's a natural product so I don't mind it looking different but I'd be disappointed if it was suddenly all thicker, lighter, tasteless willow. And so would be my bunnies.

Designing for the Social Web (Voices That Matter)
Designing for the Social Web (Voices That Matter)
by Joshua Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book about social media, 12 Dec. 2012
It is surprisingly difficult to find smart and useful books about social media. Most books may be 500 pages long and have a catchy title but yet they don't really offer anything of value to anyone who already knows the basic things about social media. They usually don't go much further than to cover the basics such as Facebook, Twitter or networking. Also they often focus on examples and ideas that mostly suit big companies or what these companies have already done.

Social media is so much more than a few particular apps or platforms and especially when trying to research, invent and adapt in this area, I find this was one of the few books that was helpful to me. It's not a long book but it's useful, clear and to the point. So much better than 500 useless pages.

I learned new things and new ways to look at things from this book and found its approach easy to understand. I used this as a reference and source material for my thesis. This book won't fulfill all your needs about social media and social web design but will give you some good ideas that you can put to use, even in a smaller company website.

Cirque Du Freak (The Saga of Darren Shan Book 1)
Cirque Du Freak (The Saga of Darren Shan Book 1)
by Darren Shan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressive, 12 Dec. 2012
Unfortunately I must say I did not love this book. I didn't even like it that much. I did however manage to finish it, but that is mainly because it was the only thing I had with me to read when my flight was very late.

I had actually bought the first 3 books of the series but I couldn't get past a few pages of book 2 and had to give up. Book 2 with the name The Vampire Assistant, and vampires are the main reason I started this series... but I just couldn't keep interested in it.

This isn't a bad book but not for my tastes. I guess I just found it really hard to see myself (a grown young woman) in the main character who is quite a young boy. His adolescent friends and the circus freaks didn't really appeal to me either. Then again when it comes to the book Let The Right One in, where the main characters are kids, I had no trouble loving the book, the characters and the story. I know Cirque du Freak is a kids/youngsters book and I am not the target audience but yet I still love the wonderful German book series from my childhood - The Little Vampire - with no problem. Perhaps because the first time I read it was as a child? Maybe if I had found this book (translated) when I was little, I would at least once have loved or liked it.

This book has some good humour and is even a little scary sometimes. I don't need my vampires to always be tall, dark and gloomy but I like them to at least be somewhat more appealing or more interesting. I have hardly been reading modern day "romantic vampire stories" either. Bram Stoker's Dracula and Stephen King's Salem's Lot were my dear favourites long before the recent "vampire trend".

Savic Runner Medium Toy Dia 18 Cm
Savic Runner Medium Toy Dia 18 Cm

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure hamster is having fun, 4 Jun. 2011
I've had this kind of ball for my Syrian hamster. He did run around in it happily (?) - but after some random playtimes I started to feel maybe he was just trying to get away, and as I was conserned he might get hurt from bumping into every wall and piece of furniture in the room at full speed, I stopped putting him into the ball.

I guess the ball may be okay if the ball can't roll head first into things too hard and playtimes are kept short. Whatelse is the hamster gona do if he wants out then to try and walk and push - and that just makes the ball roll, and a person might think the hamster is having fun. :(

I would not recommend these for a hamster. There are a lot of toy-like plastic "fun things" marketed for hamsters but a lot of them (and possibly this one) are not good for a little hamster at all. I recommend other more natural and safer ways to offer hamster fun and exercise. A big safe wheel and a playpen, for example.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2011 11:53 PM BST

Trixie 62791 Play Tunnel for Rabbits 3x 18 cm / 47 cm
Trixie 62791 Play Tunnel for Rabbits 3x 18 cm / 47 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars My bunnies love it, 4 Jun. 2011
My two lionhead rabbits love the tunnel. It's a good size for my rabbits. Hopping in and out of a tunnel is very natural for rabbits and helps them feel safe. The colour is okay (mine is light beige/black), but I would not mind if there had been some prettier options (clean white or pink maybe). But at least it is a nice neutral solid colour.