Profile for Jo > Reviews

Content by Jo

Jo "Casa di Gatti" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
1 X PAIR OF LUXURY LIGHT GREY WICKER GARDEN FURNITURE ARM CHAIRS & NAVY CUSHIONS

5.0 out of 5 stars value for money rattan chairs, 9 July 2014
We hummed and haaed when it came to ordering these chairs... but in the end we thought for the price they are what had we to lose? Indeed we have been pleasantly suprised today when opening up the packaging we found ourselves in possession of two very sturdy rattan chairs. Ok, they are on the cheaper plasticky rattan side BUT they do actually look really good! Nor are they quite what we would call a light grey, more a kind of mocha colour, a kind of browny grey is the only way we can describe it, but again an easy on the eye colour which complements the garden. The cushions that accompany the chairs are fine and comfortable, an added bonus as included in the price... Indeed we are extremely pleased with our purchases, for the price paid, we feel that we certainly got value for money with two very tough and smart looking chairs indeed...

6 x Ceramic Porcelain Knobs White with Blue Dots Dots Drawer Pulls
6 x Ceramic Porcelain Knobs White with Blue Dots Dots Drawer Pulls
Offered by Lurve Handles Ltd
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful drawer nobs!, 28 April 2014
I needed to cheer up two old pine bedpictures.inets and was looking for some drawer handles similar in design to the room's blind. I loved the fact that you could buy six of these knobs together which was the amount I required and also gave good value. The knobs themselves are delightful! They are well made and reasonably heavy - which to my mind is a sign of good quality porceline. They look exactly as they do in their pictures They were easy to put on. My husband drilled a hole through the drawer front and then you push the long 'spindle' through and tighten the nuts and bolts. The finished look was lovely... They certainly gave the cabinet a look of fun and quality plus a new lease of life! We were really please with them..

30 Warm White Dragonfly Solar Powered Fairy String Lights for Outdoor Garden
30 Warm White Dragonfly Solar Powered Fairy String Lights for Outdoor Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars solar fantastic, 27 Mar 2014
OK I had a disaster with some other solar lights I bought on the internet, so was hesitate to buying on line again. This time I really studied all the information given, read every review available that I could find before deciding to put my toe back in the water and go ahead and buy these particular lights. Its been several weeks since their arrival and every night there they are happily glowing away on the obelisks that we hang them on. They are not 'in your face' lights, but remind me of elegant twinkling stars and I love watching them. They glow for a long period of time as long as the day light has been good - most evenings they are still shinning when we retire. . Many friends have commented on how pretty they are as well, so all in all they really do get my vote and I am well pleased with them!

Hailo 0633-219 Trento Eco Trio Rubbish Separator Pedal Bin 33 Silver
Hailo 0633-219 Trento Eco Trio Rubbish Separator Pedal Bin 33 Silver
Price: 68.17

4.0 out of 5 stars its really useful, 20 Feb 2014
and would have had 5* except we didn't realise that the latch that opens the top of the bin protrudes out on the back and for us made it slightly more in depth than we really wanted. However saying that its a really useful bit of equipment! I had got fed up going to the bins outside all the time trying to sort the rubbish, now I can do it indoors and only do the outside trip when the indoor bins are full. There are only two of us in this household with a tiny kitchen so for a family you may need a taller bin.

Ladies Girls Thermal Designer Fingerless Gloves For Work, Typing & Touch Screen, One size fits all (Black & Blue)
Offered by GAFFER DEALS
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars gals best friend!, 20 Feb 2014
These gloves are brilliant and for the price... amazing. I have two pairs, one for best and one for outside work in the garden which I wear under my gardening gloves to ensure my finger knuckles are kept warm. I get achy fingers if my knuckles are not kept warm (probably start of arthritis) and have had a problem trying to find some gloves that would come up far enough on the fingers to cover the knuckles. I do have to say I have small hands and these gloves comfortably cover all the problem areas. The best pair I wear in the house if its cold and when out driving and shopping - the rubber bits on the underside of the gloves are really good on the steering wheel preventing your hands sliding about. All in all, I think they are totally brill and will no doubt be ordering some more soon...

Umbra Aquala Bathtub Caddy Natural
Umbra Aquala Bathtub Caddy Natural
Price: 44.00

4.0 out of 5 stars love this but, 20 Feb 2014
you need to be aware that if you read paperbacks they will slip through the rack... so you need to have some thoughts on how to solve that problem, otherwise I love it. It looks stylish and smart, is very easy to keep clean and the soap and glass holders are both in full use in this household.

If the book holder had catered for the paperbacks better I would have given this caddy 5* but as I said a trip to the ironmongers will produce some ingenious ideas to solve the problem (well it did for me..)....

Jupiter Oak Soft Close Toilet Seat
Jupiter Oak Soft Close Toilet Seat
Offered by Eakers Home Improvement Centre
Price: 60.98

5.0 out of 5 stars best shutter around, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jupiter Oak Soft Close Toilet Seat
Very wary of buying this loo seat after reading all the reviews. Decided to take a chance on it as it is what we were looking for and in our price bracket. We need not have worried. It arrived safely in its box along with all the bits and bobs to put it on the loo. The instructions were on the box, so no losing them! The oak is lovely, well cut and smooth. The soft close loo seat is excellent and touchwood we have had no problem with it so far. In fact we have been so impressed, that I have just ordered a 2nd one! It gets full marks from us...

Ceramic Handle WC Lever
Ceramic Handle WC Lever
Offered by One Stop Plumbers Merchants
Price: 9.38

4.0 out of 5 stars small but good!, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Ceramic Handle WC Lever (Misc.)
After reading other reviews on this handle, we were slightly apprehensive as to what it would be like and if it would be any good... It is slightly smaller than our previous handle, but saying that, it is really quite good! Its neat, has the look of quality thanks to the ceramic handle and good quality chrome, was very reasonable pricewise and was easy to fit (but hubby is a DIYer) - so overall we were really happy with our purchase. The reason why we have not given it 5 stars is simply the lack of any fitting instructions which would not be good if you have not fitted a loo handle before plus we are not sure how robust the handle is...I think it will last years, hubs begs to differ... either way we are both so pleased with it that I have just ordered handle no.2!

Kenwood Kmix SKM032 Traditional Kettle,1.25 Litre, Almond Cream
Kenwood Kmix SKM032 Traditional Kettle,1.25 Litre, Almond Cream
Price: 44.00

5.0 out of 5 stars a little supremo of a kettle, 11 Mar 2013
We received our kettle last week and we love it. Its stylish, easy to fill at the sprout, easy to handle and we have no problem lifting the lid out as some reviewers have found... its not loud and does not take ages to boil like our previous kettle.
However, be warned - it is small and I would think suit a family of 2-3, any more than that you will be doing the extra boils... but since its just the two of us... bliss - we love it!

Nordvek Womens 100% Genuine Sheepskin Fingerless Mittens # 309-100 (Medium, Beige)
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars cosy' very cosy, 5 Mar 2013
These are lovely and warm fingerless gloves... They are so warm. Often if I am not using my fingers and just walking , I just fold my fingers down back into the main body of the glove and they are as snug as a bug. The gloves are lightweight and not so thick that you cannot move your hands. They are excellent value and I love them!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3