Profile for sparkinthedark > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Street Poetry
Street Poetry

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy, 20 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Street Poetry (Audio CD)
Whilst I loved 12 Shots on The Rocks, Another Hostile Takeover had left me cold and has remained largely unplayed since acquisition. Not so with Street Poetry. The first hearing had me hooked and I've been playing it over and over again, loving it more with each listen. It's quite difficult to pick out the best tracks as they are all really good but my personal faves are Highwired and Teenage Revolution, closely followed by This One's For Rock'n'Roll. A must have for anyone who like melodic rock at it's very best.

Heart Tuned To D.E.A.D.
Heart Tuned To D.E.A.D.
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 27 July 2007
This review is from: Heart Tuned To D.E.A.D. (Audio CD)
Having read that this album was "very 80's and 90's", I have to say that I think it also screams "70's" ! The use of the moog brings to mind the likes of Chicory Tip and ELO but some of the guitar riffs remind me of the great AOR bands, whilst there is also a hint of Kiss - but at the same time the Switches sound is unique and original, very, very catchy, and with masses of substance. Lovin' it ? You bet !

Wasting Police Time: The Crazy World of the War on Crime
Wasting Police Time: The Crazy World of the War on Crime
by David Copperfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasting Police Time, 27 July 2007
I've just finished this fantastic book which outlines exactly what is wrong with policing in modern day Britain. How depressing that the very people who are meant to be protecting us, the law abiding majority, find that their time is taken up instead pandering to the whims of inept politicians and the workshy, ignorant underclass. Thank goodness that there are still people around like "David Copperfield" who are willing to blow the whistle on this tragic state of affairs. You can't help wondering why, when this country obviously has it's share of decent, intelligent and sensible folk, we have let the lunatics take over the asylum .......

Staying Power
Staying Power
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 23 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Staying Power (Audio CD)
They've been around since the early 60's but The Hollies have not stood still musically and this album shows us what they can do in the 21st century. They've utilised the song writing talents of ex Mud guitarist Rob Davis and Mark Read to come up with an album full of memorable tunes that you can't get out of your head. The opening number Hope is superb and if it had been put out as a single by Westlife I bet it would have been number one by now. If you like good music, then you'll love this album.

Page: 1 | 2