Profile for sparkinthedark > Reviews

Content by sparkinthedark

sparkinthedark (West Sussex)

Page: 1 | 2
Want You Dead (Roy Grace series Book 10)
Want You Dead (Roy Grace series Book 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 24 April 2015
The Roy Grace novels just keep on getting better and better. I really didn't want to put this one down and have finished it in less than two days. Very cleverly written with a neat twist at the end.

Lunatic
Lunatic

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally awesome, 13 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Lunatic (Audio CD)
Absolutely brilliant ! Saw these guys supporting One Republic recently and have been totally hooked ever since. The album has been downloaded to my phone and I have been listening to it constantly. Totally love it.

Moon Landing (Deluxe Edition)
Moon Landing (Deluxe Edition)
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Nov. 2013
I absolutely adore the first three James Blunt albums and had been wondering whether he would be able to continue to produce songs of such quality. My concern was totally misplaced as this new album is every bit as good as it's predecessors with the usual blend of memorable tunes and thought provoking lyrics.

Bonfire Heart has had a lot of airplay on the radio station I listen to but, although I love all the tracks on this album, I think that my favourite is probably Satellites:

For all we know life's just a dream,
Who the hell knows what it means ?
Stop the world and sing with me

On purchase Moon Landing was immediately downloaded to my phone and it has been played constantly every single day since then and I suspect it's going to be quite some time before I want to listen to anything else.

Counting Stars
Counting Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Quality !, 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Counting Stars (MP3 Download)
Really catchy tune and it's not hard to see why it got to Number One in the singles chart. Excellent !

Long Way Down
Long Way Down
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
I hadn't actually heard of Tom Odell when I saw him opening for Elton John at the Roundhouse last month. However, I was so taken with his music that I had to order his album - and I absolutely love it. I have been playing it over and over again both at home and whilst I'm out and about. Usually with a new album I find that I have a favourite track but with this album it is impossible to single out just one track as they are all so very good. Tom is obviously an incredibly talented young man and I for one am looking forward to hearing much more from him in future.

The Complete Studio Recordings 1973 - 1988
The Complete Studio Recordings 1973 - 1988

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous !, 14 July 2013
Back in the day I bought most of the Showaddywaddy singles but, as I was actually more into the likes of Mud and the Rollers, I didn't have any of their albums. Having recently watched a rejuvenated Showaddywaddy play some amazing live shows, I decided that the time had come to listen to more of their earlier music and this amazing box set seemed the perfect way to do that.

It has proved to be an excellent buy as the 10 CDs are jam packed with totally brilliant music. There are all the hit songs, such as 'Hey Rock and Roll', 'Trocadero' and 'Under The Moon of Love', but also some absolute gems such as the old Righteous Brothers song 'Soul and Inspiration' plus others actually written by the band -'I Wish That I Could Undo All The Bad That I Have Done' and 'You Will Lose Your Love' Tomorrow being my favourites.

Buy this wonderful collection, enjoy the music and then go and see the band on their 40th Anniversary Tour !

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !, 20 Dec. 2012
I bought this to replace a Creative MP3 which I had had for many years and which I had been very happy with until it finally gave up the ghost. I've had other products from SanDisk which have all been fine and that, coupled with the excellent price that this was available for on Amazon, persuaded me to give the Sansa Clip a go.

It is absolutely tiny so fits easily in any pocket or clips onto a lapel or whatever. It is simplicity itself to use and it took very little time to transfer music from the library on my PC onto it using the drag and drop method. Finding the music you want to play is also very straightforward. In the first week of ownership I had one nasty moment when the whole thing appeared to simply die on me but I followed the instructions for resetting it and after pressing the power button for 15 seconds I was back in business.

For the price I paid (£38) I am absolutely delighted with it.

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

5.0 out of 5 stars JFT96, 20 Dec. 2012
A decent enough version of this great song but the main reason to buy it is to help the families with their continuing fight to get justice. A very small price to pay for a very worthwhile cause.

The Didi Man
The Didi Man
by Dietmar Hamann

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous !, 15 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Didi Man (Hardcover)
I have seen many, many goals scored at Anfield over the years, by players including Ian Rush, Michael Owen, Robbie Folwer and Fernando Torres, but the one that will remain forever in my memory is one scored by Didi. An absolute belter of a shot at the Anfield Road end against Man City - beautiful ! It goes without saying that I'm interested in reading autobiographies of our Liverpool players to find out what makes them tick and what they're like as people. Some have changed my initial perceptions of the player in question, some for the better, others not. Didi though comes over pretty much as I imagined - intelligent, thoughtful, pragmatic but with a sense of fun and humour that may well surprise many people. As expected we get insights into some of his colleagues at Liverpool and the German national team but there is more to this book than just a quick jog through his career, which makes it one of the more interesting football autobiographies I have read. It is a very easy, entertaining and humourous read - I finished the book in two days - and one I undoubtedly come back to and read again.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 5000 XL Rechargeable Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 5000 XL Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Super clean, 31 July 2009
Extremely pleased with this electric toothbrush which was very reasonably priced. This is my first rechargeable toothbrush and the difference in performance between this and the battery powered ones is amazing - my teeth have never felt so clean ! I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who wants really clean teeth for minimum effort.

Page: 1 | 2