Profile for Anistitis > Reviews

Content by Anistitis

Anistitis "Sleep Doc" (Rotterdam)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Keeping Chickens For Dummies (UK Edition)
Keeping Chickens For Dummies (UK Edition)
by Pammy Riggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 5 Jan. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book was reviewed on behalf of a friend who keeps chicken! (I don't but help to do so) This book is so far far better than the other keeping chicken guide book she has read. Picture and useful information. Full of little tips, and clear instructions. Books is divided in clear separate sections ie how to set the pen for the chicken, what type of chicken breed should you have etc etc She is a complete novice when it comes to chicken keeping and personally wished that she had bought this book first (rather than listening to me garb about it and she ended up borrowing this book from me and have yet to return it back)

So for novices in chicken keeping out there, I would recommend this book as your first one!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely big box!, 16 Dec. 2011
I love this sewing box. It is cheerful and colourful. Solid and nice to hold. Can fit lots and lots of stuff in it which is super! 3-4 pair of scissors, assortments of buttons, thread, needle, bits and bobs needed for sewing. Very handy. I love the elasticated bit to fit in fiddly droppy things. Overal a decent good looking sewing box. Recommended
Comment Comment | Permalink

Remington AC5011 Pearl Pro Ionic AC Hair Dryer
Remington AC5011 Pearl Pro Ionic AC Hair Dryer
Offered by Tick Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 16 Dec. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A lot of gimmick as I personally think a hair dryer is a hair dryer especially to dry it with hair like mine. BUT the plus points are it does make it not as frizzy as bog standard hair dryer (this meaning cheap ones and ones from the hotel bathroom!). It also quite powerful and easy to hold. Hair is dry pretty much within 10 minutes (i have thick mop of hair). So if you are looking for a decent hair dryer then I would recommend this.

You're Hired! CVs, Interview Answers and Psychometric Tests
You're Hired! CVs, Interview Answers and Psychometric Tests
by Stephan Lucks

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 16 Dec. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you like to get one book for a job interview then I would recommend this. It is very generic so it is possible one might dish this book off. However it is very informative and full of useful advice and general tip. A bit cumbersome to read between the lines but in general good enough to start of with.

Torches
Torches

5.0 out of 5 stars Good vibration!, 22 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Torches (Audio CD)
I got hooked into Foster the People after listening to Pumped up Kicks and Helena Beat. So off I go to get their CD and I am not disappointed.

Foster the People has a lot of drum arrangement, guitar bashing and ecelectic mix featured in most of their songs.I personally love the drum beat arrangement at the start of the songs, in the middle and everywhere! It reminded me a lot - of sunshine, sitting on a grass or on a beach on a beauty day which music like this playing at the back. It has such a good vibe feel to it. I can see why some people say the music is almost bland and similar as the drum arrangement is featured prominently in all their songs and if you are not paying attention to each music it does sound almost as if it is the same. But it is not. It is I suppose their music style.

It's not strictly dance music - one of the song reminds me of Basement Jaxx but nothing like theirs! Then you listen again and you think you are listening to Scissor Sisters but with a punch. And at some stage you get reminded of the happy vibrations you get listening to Shapeshifters Incredible.

The vocals are both female and male and I do like that.

CD is good - good vibe, good feelings, punchy and reminds you of a warm outdoor sessions. However stay away from Foster the People if you don't like loud music.

Liverpool Rain
Liverpool Rain
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 22 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Liverpool Rain (Audio CD)
Racoon is one of the best thing that come out of the Netherlands (perhaps after cheese and stroopwafel). This is not their debut album and certainly it's one of their best and strongest album. I first heard of Racoon from their superb song Love You More in their previous album but never really investigated what/who they were. However with the track No Mercy which came out from this album, I thought I would explore their music.

Listening to their tracks, it reminds you a mixture of british indie/american rock-folk pop or perhaps it's just Racoon. The band consists of Bart van der Weide who is the lead vocals, Stefan de Kroon, Dennis Huige and Paul Bukkens. Personally I think the lead vocal is an excellent singer. The music has a lot of guitar string arrangement which is fairly prominent in their songs - be it ballad, grungy or rock. The strings sets and tone down their music down (whereby I described it to be "folksy" like though I know it is not strictly true)

2014 has a lovely guitar string to begin with and beautiful flow getting into the track. So simple and yet fairly memorising. No Mercy is much more punchy with a mixture of rock/sax combination. Took a Hit is one of my favourites. Again very punchy, beautiful string arrangement together with guitar string at the beginning. You can have a sneak peak on their official video which I think it's quite nice (all words - haven't seen a video like that for a while). Liverpool Rain is rather memorising beautiful ballad.

The quality of the recording is superb and certainly having the London Chamber Orchestra which featured in this album added punch and dimension to their music.

Overall I would heartly recommended this album. It is a shame that they are not well known outside of the Netherlands as I think they are such a good band. They deserve a listen to.

Small Adventures in Cooking (New Voices in Food)
Small Adventures in Cooking (New Voices in Food)
by James Ramsden

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 21 Oct. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nice size book. Difficult though to keep the section you want to read through open for long period. Recipes are rather "adventurous". Author takes pride to doing a bit of twist into his recipes. I quite like the cupboard ingredient recipe section although I don't actually have most of his cupboard ingredient. Tried two recipes. Comes out reasonably well and not technically difficult. A nice enough book.

Tax Handbook 2011/12 (Which? Essential Guides)
Tax Handbook 2011/12 (Which? Essential Guides)
by Tony Levene

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 Oct. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not very good with taxes and tax return. This book provided good basis and guide to taxes. Sections are divided quite systematically so you can find things quickly. Relevant only for the current climate. Recommended for those who are like me not very versed in taxes.

Nikon COOLPIX P500 Compact Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 36x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 July 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not a professional photographer nor do I claim to be a semi pro/amateur. I am more of the average person who likes taking pictures for personal use - families, holidays and events. So with that background I don't claim to be know it all in the field of digital photography nor camera. So this review will come from this point of view. I used the camera on a recent family holiday in Hanoi for 5 days.

Camera: big but not too heavy to lug about. We bought a Lowe Alpine camera casing to fit in the camera, battery and memory card. Yes it is obvious but you can put it in your rucksack or even in a big woman's handbag easily. This camera has no memory card that comes with it so you have to purchase one.It does have a 100 MB internal memory. Because of the HD and the size we deliberately choose a Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card. The result was very good with pictures taken very quickly. Battery life is reasonably good - again dependent on usage, and how often you take the pictures and how often you views the picture on screen. But for my standards and usage we didn't have to recharge every single day. However, once charging it takes about 10 hours if the battery completely drained. In the beginning it does seem that the battery has a bad battery life but after a few charges it improved dramatically.

LCD screen: Big and what we love about it the fact you can angulate it to take pictures. (see sample pictures)

Usage: Very easy to use for someone who is lazy to read the manual like myself. But my other half is far keener and honestly you make far better use with the camera after reading the manual and trying all the setting. But it is very straightforward and not complicated at all. Play and play and read the manual. The camera itself is easily to hold and my niece who is 5 could take a fairly decent picture without feeling it too heavy and bulky and difficult to aim. There are functional buttons like image stabilization, anti-blur, panorama picture assistance, side zoom etc. Most are available anyway in high end digital camera in the last few years. For someone like myself (not great camera literate) it is all pretty good stuff.

Lens and zoom: one word - amazing. We were sitting on a boat where we can zoom in to very clear detailed picture. (see sample picture) Lens does come with a lens cover. My other half did note that the image does distort on zooming in (a bit of barrel vision). Honestly I don't know if this is a common problem or specifically due to this Nikon camera.

Download: easy and straightforward. Either connected straight from the camera to the computer or use the memory card.

This camera was a step up from a compact digital camera. Certainly it was worth getting this camera compare to a digital SLR which would have been more complicated for myself. Recommended.

and oh the camera had a tumble and survived without a problem.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2012 6:26 PM BST

LEGO City 3368: Space Center
LEGO City 3368: Space Center

5.0 out of 5 stars A boy's dream, 18 May 2011
This review is from: LEGO City 3368: Space Center (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Endless hours of fun and creativity. Small pieces. So have to be very careful where you play. Much appreciated for older age range (6 and above) Tiny pieces so watch out when walking on the floor. Otherwise extremely good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18